Cocoon Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there also, i had to pay 39euro to get in which was annoying as it was the first party i have paid to get into since Space Opening.....
But it was the best night on the island so far if you ask me, i do agree that Villalobos didnt live up to last years dizzy heights but he still played some amazing tunes including La Mezcla by Micheal Cleis.

I spent most of my time in the main room though after 4am because Sven was playing some crazy music and he was really getting into it! He had his shirt off, sweating like a madman and jumping around till well gone 7am!

The main room was really going off and it was brilliant! I thought about leaving at 7am but then Sven dropped Guy Gerber - Timing and before i knew it the time had got to well past 730!

It was really busy around 3-4am but like others have stated it did start to quiet down at about 5-6.
Still though, i'd say they hit the 5000 mark over the night which is a good acheivement as alot of other parties have struggled so far this season.....

Wonderland and Judgement had less than 2000 through the doors according to my boss, and Clubland only slightly bettered them (it was a success story last year.....somehow!)

There are a lot of workers this year and not many holiday makers although it is starting to pick up now a little....

i have made it to Space opening, judgement opening, clubland opening, wonderland opening, superfreq opening at boho, garlands boat party opening, tiesto, cocoon opening and zoo project and cocoon was definitely the best party so far!

i was going to hit supermartxe last night but never made it in the end due to be knackered from work, ill go next week though and let everyone know how it went...

I was there also, i had to pay 39euro to get in which was annoying as it was the first party i have paid to get into since Space Opening.....
But it was the best night on the island so far if you ask me, i do agree that Villalobos didnt live up to last years dizzy heights but he still played some amazing tunes including La Mezcla by Micheal Cleis.

I spent most of my time in the main room though after 4am because Sven was playing some crazy music and he was really getting into it! He had his shirt off, sweating like a madman and jumping around till well gone 7am!

The main room was really going off and it was brilliant! I thought about leaving at 7am but then Sven dropped Guy Gerber - Timing and before i knew it the time had got to well past 730!

It was really busy around 3-4am but like others have stated it did start to quiet down at about 5-6.
Still though, i'd say they hit the 5000 mark over the night which is a good acheivement as alot of other parties have struggled so far this season.....

Wonderland and Judgement had less than 2000 through the doors according to my boss, and Clubland only slightly bettered them (it was a success story last year.....somehow!)

There are a lot of workers this year and not many holiday makers although it is starting to pick up now a little....

i have made it to Space opening, judgement opening, clubland opening, wonderland opening, superfreq opening at boho, garlands boat party opening, tiesto, cocoon opening and zoo project and cocoon was definitely the best party so far!

i was going to hit supermartxe last night but never made it in the end due to be knackered from work, ill go next week though and let everyone know how it went...
great review mate!
i knew cocoon won't let us down! :)

c ya on the next mondays in august ;)

btw, i c u ve mentioned the Timing by Guy Gerber...
is this tune still played hard on the island?

i also heard that u can still hear the Grindhouse remix by Dubfire this year...

it's ok but what about some new music ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
my 5th time on the island but will be my 1st time at cocoon. lookin forward to seeing sven an raresh for the 1st time!

I was at opening. Was very busy til around 5, 5.30am, then calmed down a bit, though Sven was still going strong when I left at around 7.15 as my feet were mashed :lol: Last year I did a couple of after parties with Sven but there was no way I could even face it !

Very housey sounds all round, enjoyed Cassy but not Riccardo. Sven was having fun and I liked it , especially towards the end when it was almost tribal (lots of percussion etc).

All in all, Cocoon did not disappoint, also saw lots of friends and familiar faces which is always fun.

I think the Villalobos backlash has begun!
i don't think u should start exaggerating on this one - every dj even as big as villalobos has his "bad" nights so i'm pretty sure u gonna be overwhelmed by his another set on the island - watch out! :)

Hello all,

Just returned from my 10th time in Ibiza with a group of friends, spent a week there and stayed in Ibiza town this time for a change. Here is my quick review including Cocoon opening:

1) June 12th - Pure Pacha:
Not even worth writing about, it was a total flop. disgusting music, the most commercial house music you can imagine and not consistency in sound and not even a proper tracklist. But we all expect that, don't we.

2) June 14th - We Love Space opening:
An absolutely stunner of a night. My god we haven't partied like that for ages, the music and vibe were legendary, Space will always deliver a good night. Danny Howells at the Terazza set was heart stopping, he built up the tempo like mad. And then came in the monster, Tiefschwartz...ripped the dancefloor to pieces, we couldn't stop jumping and screaming. I was surprised how they picked up the tempo from Howells left it. Not a single track to critisize. They closed their set with a remix of Crystal Waters' Gypsy Woman which was awsome!! Then came lawler, dark and rough as usual, excellent for that 'cruse' part of the night (half of his set wasn't that great though) and then came in Woolford and finished things off. in our opinion, best night of all the ones we attended. Space will always rule, even though this is not a great year for them with big nights departing.

3) June 15th - Cocoon opening:
Hugely disappointing. Music was dead in my opinion, after Cassy things got really worse. Ricardo lost the plot 4AM onwards with music so trashy and weird, i could't even move anymore. When the light came out the music was so bad, it felt like we're in a experemntal bio lab with freaks all around. Sven's heart wasn't in it that night. I was really waiting for the climax, but that never came :(. I agree its way too early to judge, but i'm not holding my breath for this season.

4) June 17th - La troya opening/Space sesions:
La Troya at amnesia was good, i liked it more at Space though. Micah played excellent music, vibe was kind of there but not fully. Place was half full only. The other room had the Espuma party, didn't really bother checking it out.
At about 4:30 we went to check out Space sessions, not much of an atmosphere but music was devine.

Those were the big nights we attended. We did Blue Marlin which was heaven and the usual cool house music. The island is as gorgeous as ever, cala comte, Salinas, Bassa, Jondal all beautiful and happening. Although it was quite early and the momentum didn't pick up yet, but i can feel this year is not going to be as big as the previous 2 - 3 seasons unfortunately.

Anyway, we'll be back the last couple of days of september all the way to Space closing, hope there will be more energy then...Space closing will for sure.

hope u guys find this review helpful.

And i'll always love la isla blanca, no matter what...

I know. One of the best pieces of chillout ever created for sure. The whole album is a work of genius from start to finish.

I didn't realise they played tunes as chilled as that on the terrace. I take it that's towards the very end, right?

Yeah, you can see it's broad daylight outside through the skylights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back