Cocoon Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) June 14th - We Love Space opening:
An absolutely stunner of a night. My god we haven't partied like that for ages, the music and vibe were legendary, Space will always deliver a good night. Danny Howells at the Terazza set was heart stopping, he built up the tempo like mad. And then came in the monster, Tiefschwartz...ripped the dancefloor to pieces, we couldn't stop jumping and screaming. I was surprised how they picked up the tempo from Howells left it. Not a single track to critisize. They closed their set with a remix of Crystal Waters' Gypsy Woman which was awsome!! Then came lawler, dark and rough as usual, excellent for that 'cruse' part of the night (half of his set wasn't that great though) and then came in Woolford and finished things off. in our opinion, best night of all the ones we attended. Space will always rule, even though this is not a great year for them with big nights departing.

3) June 15th - Cocoon opening:
Hugely disappointing. Music was dead in my opinion, after Cassy things got really worse. Ricardo lost the plot 4AM onwards with music so trashy and weird, i could't even move anymore. When the light came out the music was so bad, it felt like we're in a experemntal bio lab with freaks all around. Sven's heart wasn't in it that night. I was really waiting for the climax, but that never came :(. I agree its way too early to judge, but i'm not holding my breath for this season.

I could not disagree more!

I thought We Love... Space opening was terrible, especially the terrace. I had probably the best night out ever on the terrace in 2006 with Danny Tenaglia and Tiefschwarz but it was nothing like that at the opening. The sound was so quiet I could have a conversation on the dance floor and there was no bass, so weak. Everyone in my party agreed, we spoke to a few other people who shared the same opinion. I came for the terrace as I don't like the inside but what's the point when the music is so quiet and tinny? Very disappointed. I won't be back until it's fixed, even the main room sound wasn't great I thought.

Cocoon however I thought was awesome. Chris Tietjen was playing some cracking tunes in the main room but it was Cassy on the terrace who stole the show; she was absolutely outstanding. Villalobos I enjoyed too, and Sven. The sound was so much better than Space in both rooms, I thought the atmosphere was great and for once I had room to dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in the terrace for about 30 mins watching villalobos, BORING! Used to be a villalobos fan but after his performance at monza closing last year and cocoon opening this year i've went off him.

Sven vath on the other hand was top notch, one of the best times i've ever seen him :D

Was in the terrace for about 30 mins watching villalobos, BORING! Used to be a villalobos fan but after his performance at monza closing last year and cocoon opening this year i've went off him.

Sven vath on the other hand was top notch, one of the best times i've ever seen him :D
Can someone tell me if Sven played Stoppage Time from Guy Gerber?! I think this is going to be a tune this summer!

Iv'e never been a massive fan but he has had flashes of genius now and again - enfants, sinner in me remix, dj minx - a walk in the park remix etc

I love listening to this essential mix from 2005 -

Richie Hawtin Vs. Ricardo Villalobos @ T in the park '05

It's the bomb! 8)

Can someone tell me if Sven played Stoppage Time from Guy Gerber?! I think this is going to be a tune this summer!

Really??

It must be a remix - I heard it all over Ibiza in 2005!

a friend of mine got back from the Sonar 09' - i've saw the videos he maid on the Kana Beach with Cassy and Villalobos on the decks (just like in the Cocoon opening) and -BOTH- of them did an amazing job there...

so what's really happened to Ricardo in Amnesia - maybe it's the "real-amnesia-effect" made him "forget" he's a big-stakes dj...?! ;) hehe

Maybe he's at his best when he's playing B2B ;)

I've only ever seen him b2b with Raresh, that was at Fabric, and it was amazingly good.

And Cocoon this year was absolutely fantastic. We were pretty much the first in the club and it was great to see it build and build and build in every way, with the increasing drama and emotions of the performance and the music.

The highlight was the remix of B52's Loveshack as that took everyone by complete surprise - 1000's of people looking at each other confused and Sven laughing his head off.

I did come out of there with a very twisted sense of reality. My breath was truly taken away. Roll on Cocoon at matter on Saturday...if I can persuade anyone to go with me...

And Cocoon this year was absolutely fantastic. We were pretty much the first in the club and it was great to see it build and build and build in every way, with the increasing drama and emotions of the performance and the music.

Agree with you on this. It's hard with Circo Loco before. But Cocoon is the one party I love to get to early and watch that Terrace come to life. It's amazing.

Agree with you on this. It's hard with Circo Loco before. But Cocoon is the one party I love to get to early and watch that Terrace come to life. It's amazing.

did you see the post you quoted was from 2009? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back