Cocoon 2016

Reminds me of this album I bought on Vinyl a fair few years ago. I since sold it (very naively) at Vinyl Exchange in Manchester and wish I still had it. Was a bit too different for me at the time but now I would love it. Might try and hunt it down and buy again

MI0000615537.jpg

in the season of dele sosimi afrobeat orchestra getting rinsed on the island it actually makes sense :)
only sven can pull that off, playing 8 records straight of that, even if it is during an afters. can you imagine loco dice or marco carola doing that?

It created a great scene of party atmosphere, the crowd loved his boy to such a special thing.
I wish my mate didn't get thrown out or I would of stayed but i enjoyed every minute anyway.
Meeting Sven was also something I've wanted to do for years!
I'm lying by the pool now, flying in a few hours and could cry at so many great things this trip, too many to remember sadly one of the best.

only sven can pull that off, playing 8 records straight of that,

well he didn't play them one after another but rather played one and then changed back to the 'normal' stuff and then after a while played another one.

I thought it was brilliant, added a whole other vibe to the party. me and my missus were loving it. some of it also sounded a bit South American, but I could be wrong.

Also, another recommendation for African Disco is Kiki Gyan. Made an EP back in the 70s called 24 Hours in a Disco, really good stuff. His life story is crazy too.

Reactions: em
Ha ha, he's not used to taking drugs and he'd been on a serious session. Dropped half while we were there and lost his mind :lol:
Gutted for him though still the door staff were actually sound it was the manager of the place that would not even talk to me or let him apologise but hey ho their house their rules.

so if Sven played for "just" 8 hours this time, who was playing before at the after? and when did it end at amnesia?

surprise set from adam beyer for 4 hours as well going off his 'social media'...man that afters looked goooood....

i certainly didn't know there was!
only realised where the 2nd stage was when I left around 11to12.
Oh well! Sven was great anyway, and I was very impressed with the venue too. Hope for Ibiza that zoo goes from strength to strength.

beyer played the second floor, you probably didn't even realise there was a second one.
I thought it looked a strange set up with the seal pit closed, we headed to Ibiza town and figuretas after amnesia and literally carried on instead of going to bed. No wonder we missed it lol.

only realised where the 2nd stage was when I left around 11to12.
Oh well! Sven was great anyway, and I was very impressed with the venue too. Hope for Ibiza that zoo goes from strength to strength.
I knew there is the main stage, the seal pit and the living room, never saw any other stages/2nd floor when i was there...

Think it was just round the back to the right of the main stage...I also only saw it when trying to exit.

What a sensational party...just about at the point of being able to write about the few days I was there! Cocoon afters was sensational...when Sven first came on with that deep percussive track with the sun blazing and the smoke machines on overdrive clouding out the jungle decor it was the stuff of dreams...the sound getting quieter was a little off putting but we just moved further forward. Was a little angry that he was occasionally getting boos and whistles from the crowd when playing the african tracks - it is an after and the music policy should be loose! - but he seemed to take it all in good spirits. Been trying to get to that party for some years now and it really lived up to expectations!

Back