Cocoon 2016

Was a little angry that he was occasionally getting boos and whistles from the crowd when playing the african tracks
:eek: wtf? so glad i didn't hear that... i was more towards the middle of the crowd.

ps.
also didn't realize there was a second stage. a friend went to check out the seal pit, and said it was closed. i'm kind of glad we didn't know, because it was really special.

James Chapman: What to say about this? Stivi, bossman of Spotlight clubbing, and I have been trying to get an interview with the dady of dance music for years. It's a rarity to be granted access to him for an interview at all, never mind getting the opportunity in which we were presented.

I'll set the scene, we drive off into the hills of Ibiza to find Sven's house. There he is, stood at the door with his son, Tiga. So it's us, Tiga and Sven. At Sven's house. You can play it as cool as you like, but inside my head I was absolutely buzzing. There ensused one of the best hours of my life as Tiga helped me film the interview you'll find below.

( http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/2016/10/feature-team-spotlights-best-ibiza-moments-2016 )

only just read this thread

any ideas what those african tracks were he played?

I've been really getting into afro-disco!! some of that sofrito sound is really good

these enjoy constant rotation round my yard

femi kuti - sorry, sorry (francois k classic)
shina williams - agboju logan
masimbabele - unknown cases
mulatu astatje - yakermo sew (not into jazz but do like this - I think there's different versions knocking about)
black blood - AIE (later covered by Bananarama!)
+ loads of housers with afr vibe
dubtribe soundsystem - equitoreal
salif keita / martin solveig - madan
dj gregory - tropical soundclash
instant house - awade
cesaria evora - angola (CC mix)
henrik schwarz / amapondo - i exist because of you
afefe iku - mirror dance
lonesome echo productions - spirit of drums s.u.m.o. afrobounce

Back