Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see so many of these outdoor gigs selling out so quick.
One thing that iv havnt seen mentioned on any flyer is capacity.
It usually always says something like'2000 people outdoor under the sun' etc on the flyers but iv yet to see any promoter commit to talking about capacity yet.

Can we just assume that the capacity will be reduced even outdoors? Lots of them are selling out within a day.

Yeah I have been wondering about the capacity at events.
Surely they won't know how many attendees they are allowed to have until restrictions start to be eased? Even then social distancing is bound to remain to some extent.

I'm not sure how it's going to work for things like Boomtown who already had over half of their tickets for 2021 rolled over from last year. Those sales would have been based on their pre pandemic capacity.

I’m quite sure I read somewhere that the junction 2 events at tobacco docks were to be at a reduced capacity !? I may be wrong
No you're right, my understanding is that they sold 6000 tickets - the venue is 10k capacity, so it's at 60%.

I wonder how many refunds have been requested for all of the events that postponed from last year to this year? There must be a decent amount to allow for more tickets to go on sale this year. Awakenings aren't releasing their re-sell tickets yet, it seems like they're being a bit more cautious until licenses are granted and potential restrictions made clear.

No you're right, my understanding is that they sold 6000 tickets - the venue is 10k capacity, so it's at 60%.

I wonder how many refunds have been requested for all of the events that postponed from last year to this year? There must be a decent amount to allow for more tickets to go on sale this year. Awakenings aren't releasing their re-sell tickets yet, it seems like they're being a bit more cautious until licenses are granted and potential restrictions made clear.
from a totally selfish point of view i am not disapointed at this as i have tickets for this event and a little bit more room will be a bonus.
(if it goes ahead as planned)

i love a rammed club / event but when it gets to bursting point it can get beyond ridiculous and even dangerous with ibiza probably being the worst offender!! maybe one thing to come out of this will be that this may become a thing of the past ??

They are selling out so quickly that they must be reduced.
I suppose they can always add more later.
I'm sure they are probably just as in the dark about restrictions as the rest of us really.

Not getting a lot of notice of them going on sale either, and for a lot of them you have to remember to sign up for the pre sale which is easy to miss.

And always a bugbear with concert tickets is them going on sale during working hours, though working from home is a lot better for ticket booking ;)

from a totally selfish point of view i am not disapointed at this as i have tickets for this event and a little bit more room will be a bonus.
(if it goes ahead as planned)

i love a rammed club / event but when it gets to bursting point it can get beyond ridiculous and even dangerous with ibiza probably being the worst offender!! maybe one thing to come out of this will be that this may become a thing of the past ??

Agree and also hope we see an end to daft scenarios like at Victoria Warehouse in Manchester where they make you arrive stupidly early at 9:30 and then the queue to get in is huge, which always felt intentional as they sell VIP 'fasttrack' tickets for a bit more...

Understand that its lucrative to get people in earlier for the bar takings, and also helps the atmosphere build for the headliner, but it always felt an unnecessary queue.

Agree and also hope we see an end to daft scenarios like at Victoria Warehouse in Manchester where they make you arrive stupidly early at 9:30 and then the queue to get in is huge, which always felt intentional as they sell VIP 'fasttrack' tickets for a bit more...

Understand that its lucrative to get people in earlier for the bar takings, and also helps the atmosphere build for the headliner, but it always felt an unnecessary queue.
WHP are the worst for that, some events are like 19:00 last entry.. greedy bastards when its open till 5am aswell

WHP are the worst for that, some events are like 19:00 last entry.. greedy bastards when its open till 5am aswell

I felt Hi Ibiza had it about right a couple of years ago, 10 Euros discount for getting in before 1...spreads the queue out, and some do like getting in early as no queue at the bar and get a good spot on the floor. Of course any drink you buy loses you that 10Euro saving mind!

I felt Hi Ibiza had it about right a couple of years ago, 10 Euros discount for getting in before 1...spreads the queue out, and some do like getting in early as no queue at the bar and get a good spot on the floor. Of course any drink you buy loses you that 10Euro saving mind!
yes spot on! concrete in Paris used to be free before 11pm (maybe 12) then anything after was paid entry.. seen fair a few hellish names for ziltch.. we easy spent the difference in drinks but still either side won.. my kind of thinking

Last edited:
Yousef and Marco Carola headlining! Im
No Carola fan but thats a massive booking for Newcastle
Agreed! Don't think Mr Music On has ever played the Northeast has he? Could be wrong.. I won't be going like but non the less know loads that will be (or at least trying) sure tickets will fly out for it

Agreed! Don't think Mr Music On has ever played the Northeast has he? Could be wrong.. I won't be going like but non the less know loads that will be (or at least trying) sure tickets will fly out for it

says its his debut up here! Oh ill be going as will quite a few of my lot as my mate is the warm up:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back