Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The very lovely Amsterdam has always been notorious for hosting some of the very best festivals & events over the years, but this summer they are basically stealing everyones meal that's for sure. What an awesome stockpile of tasty events over the next few weeks. Wish I had more time. And tickets for that sold out events ;) Only a 2 hour drive from my hometown in Germany. AMS is awesome.
Yep amsterdam and Ukraine are the up and coming....ibiza is missing out

Ukraine has a place called ibiza beach club

Yep amsterdam and Ukraine are the up and coming....ibiza is missing out

Ukraine has a place called ibiza beach club

I might have spoken too early about Amsterdam.
Crazy stuff going on right now. Hospitals are empty....death rate is at its lowest...vulnerable are vaccinated and the young people are now getting their first jab. Too enter a festival or club night you have to be A. fully vaccinated or B. get a negative test at the "testing for entry", a initiative by our own government. Now 400.000 youngster are getting tested for two weekends in a row to be able to party. Result: positive tests rising fast.
The country is in panic mode, because if this rise continues The Netherlands will be code red for Europe soon and holidays abroad are in danger.
So today there is an emergency meeting and the closing of clubs and cancelling festivals is being discussed.

An insane situation, where our own nightlife and economy could be sacrificed in favor of tourism and thus other countries economy?
I can't wrap my head around this and I'm sitting here frustrated. Again, the youngsters are NOT getting sick, there is NO rise in hospitalizations but nightlife might get punished for doing what they should do...testing before entry. It's crazy.
Hope I can share good news later today, but it looks bad for Amsterdam / Dutch clubs.

Edit: I'm not trying to drag a Covid discussion into this thread, I know...just informing you guys about the situation here but can't help to express my concerns. If we keep looking at positive tests only, nightlife will never get a chance to get back on its feet. It's only been 2 weekends here.

Crazy stuff going on right now. Hospitals are empty....death rate is at its lowest...vulnerable are vaccinated and the young people are now getting their first jab. Too enter a festival or club night you have to be A. fully vaccinated or B. get a negative test at the "testing for entry", a initiative by our own government. Now 400.000 youngster are getting tested for two weekends in a row to be able to party. Result: positive tests rising fast.
The country is in panic mode, because if this rise continues The Netherlands will be code red for Europe soon and holidays abroad are in danger.
So today there is an emergency meeting and the closing of clubs and cancelling festivals is being discussed.

An insane situation, where our own nightlife and economy could be sacrificed in favor of tourism and thus other countries economy?
I can't wrap my head around this and I'm sitting here frustrated. Again, the youngsters are NOT getting sick, there is NO rise in hospitalizations but nightlife might get punished for doing what they should do...testing before entry. It's crazy.
Hope I can share good news later today, but it looks bad for Amsterdam / Dutch clubs.

please keep it strictly on topic. understand the frustration, but let's keep this thread strictly about the parties.

please keep it strictly on topic. understand the frustration, but let's keep this thread strictly about the parties.
I was editing it at the same time, so yeah I get your point. So conclusion: all parties in Amsterdam / Netherlands are at risk right now, will update strictly about that when there's more.

Edit: I'm not trying to drag a Covid discussion into this thread, I know...just informing you guys about the situation here but can't help to express my concerns. If we keep looking at positive tests only, nightlife will never get a chance to get back on its feet. It's only been 2 weekends here.
One word! Exactly!!

Ushuaia Club stay closed ...

English translation :

¡Hey Ushuaia!

Thank you for choosing USHUAÏA IBIZA BEACH HOTEL.

I just tried to contact you and left a message on your answering machine informing you that the Club part of the hotel was closed because the
Balearic government does not allow the events that we had planned to resume.

The Hotel offers you a room in the Tower (Anything can Happen Room) or to change the dates of your reservation
at a later date under the same conditions.

We apologize for this unforeseen event.

Please let us know your decision.

Best regards

So sad ...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-07-09 à 16.57.10.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-07-09 à 16.57.10.png
    109 KB · Views: 5
Ushuaia Club stay closed ...

English translation :

¡Hey Ushuaia!

Thank you for choosing USHUAÏA IBIZA BEACH HOTEL.

I just tried to contact you and left a message on your answering machine informing you that the Club part of the hotel was closed because the
Balearic government does not allow the events that we had planned to resume.

The Hotel offers you a room in the Tower (Anything can Happen Room) or to change the dates of your reservation
at a later date under the same conditions.

We apologize for this unforeseen event.

Please let us know your decision.

Best regards

So sad ...

that's the case right now. they're not actually saying they will stay closed all summer ;)

that's the case right now. they're not actually saying they will stay closed all summer ;)
I called them because I had a reservation from August 13th to 18th, they told me they were closed all August.
For September they do not know yet ...

Everything in The Netherlands is now called off or postponed after two weeks of partying with testing for entry.
The testing for entry (400.000 people got tested in the weekends) caused a rise in positive tests.
Clubs and festivals now hope to run again from august 13.
Everyone is just flabbergasted. ID&T is going to court Monday against the dutch state.

Exit Festival looks great.

Are Europeans allowed to travel to America now? It would take a lot for anything over here to get cancelled.

One word of advice...if clubs and/or events in your country re-open, don't hold back, take what you can, experience every party till they put on the lights and have to drag you out. Don't take it for granted or take it easy because you think you will be there the next weekend again.

Nope. Idiotic travel ban is still in place.
Wow didn’t even realize. Hopefully they open things up so there are more options for countries who are locked down. Although every event over here has been rammo….a lot of pent up demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back