Choose one: Cafe del Mar or Mambo?

In my experience, on the right night Mambo is the best.

However, on my past few visits I've been heading down to Kumharas and its fast becoming my favorite sunset spot on the island. It's a little more off the beaten track, always has a nice crowd and the food and drink is spot on. If your really lucky, you might even catch Sasha playing :D
Is this place a taxi ride kinda place, or is it on a bus route? Really fancy taking a trip here on one of our evening ventures!

Like them both ....but Mambo for me. Couldn't give a monkeys about VIP or whatever, I don't even notice it.

Last week I saw Bontan, MK, Bysie and Hot Since 82 to name just a few and didn't cost a thing. Great place to see the sunset

Kumharas is about 12e from the main taxi rank in San An, had a beer there as well.

Like them both ....but Mambo for me. Couldn't give a monkeys about VIP or whatever, I don't even notice it.

Last week I saw Bontan, MK, Bysie and Hot Since 82 to name just a few and didn't cost a thing. Great place to see the sunset

Kumharas is about 12e from the main taxi rank in San An, had a beer there as well.

Cool cheers. Do you reckon its walkable?

Yes, I've done it. Around 45 mins at a decent pace, lots to look at, you won't get bored on the way, food is good and some wicked flamenco dancing on a Tuesday.

Let me know how you get on

Splendid cheers bud. We go 21st June, will report back

Is this place a taxi ride kinda place, or is it on a bus route? Really fancy taking a trip here on one of our evening ventures!
Other option is the boat by fair the nicest way to travel around and cheap to you get off at the fiesta millord I think which just a few minutes to kumharas theyrun fairly regularly too

If you wanted to eat dinner at Kumharas would you need to book this or can you just turn up get a table have some food and watch the sunset?

If you wanted to eat dinner at Kumharas would you need to book this or can you just turn up get a table have some food and watch the sunset?
Depends on time of year or any special events I suppose
I normally book as I want a proper table not that sit down slovenly cushion thing

Depends on time of year or any special events I suppose
I normally book as I want a proper table not that sit down slovenly cushion thing
I'll be going end of June so think it may be best to book, how much in advance do you think I should book, would I be able to just do it the night before we decide to go?

I assume I'd be able to ask for a "nice table for the sunset"?

Only looking for drinks and sunset - emailed them earlier and they best time to get there for drinks and a table is around 730pm. Job done!

This is a very stupid question but what time would you say the sun actually starts setting?

I mean it in the sense of when would you want to be sat down with a beer in hand?

Half hour before is time enough. We got there a bit early last week and it was quite an hour or so later sun was gone and all the bars were full. Stil a few rebels on the rocks:cool: we were only asked to move when my mate lit up a joint and security asked him nicely to smoke it near the water as it was blowing up onto the seating at mint or mambos..

This is a very stupid question but what time would you say the sun actually starts setting?

I mean it in the sense of when would you want to be sat down with a beer in hand?

Don't do what we normally do and panic like fck trying to park the car 15 mins before sunset!

Back