Choose one: Cafe del Mar or Mambo?

portugzMTL

You've got limited time.
You gotta do one of them.
You've always wanted to do Cafe del Mar, but hear that ship has sailed.

Which and why? Go! :)

My first time in Ibiza on the first night mark knight was playing in cafe del mar, it was such a good night, in September just gone we spent our last night there and it was practically dead, everybody was in mambo.....we decided to stick with del mar as it was loads more chilled, it definately has a better decor and look than mambo imo.....does it struggle now or was it just wrong time of year?

neither Padilla nor Mison have anything to do with CDM these days... and without either of them on the controls it's all a bit pointless imo - I think Padilla sometimes does that hotel rooftop thing in SA, but it pissed down when he was due to play so we gave it a swerve

it seems the new CDM is the Torre up the road from cala gracio - we went when kenneth bager and coyote were on in September - the hierbas/music/views were out of this world but the staff are a bit pushy though and we gave up on taxis and walked back

A few years (or so) past, went to Mambo and sat on the rocks, vino decanted into plastic bottles. The purpose; to listen to a Padilla sunset set. It didn't really happen, he played generic house, looked bored and miserable...as did everyone else. Nobody knew who he was, not a name at the top of a poster for Pacha or wherever that night, so didn't mean anything. Think he is in a better place these days.
Mambo....kidz club.

neither Padilla nor Mison have anything to do with CDM these days... and without either of them on the controls it's all a bit pointless imo - I think Padilla sometimes does that hotel rooftop thing in SA, but it pissed down when he was due to play so we gave it a swerve

it seems the new CDM is the Torre up the road from cala gracio - we went when kenneth bager and coyote were on in September - the hierbas/music/views were out of this world but the staff are a bit pushy though and we gave up on taxis and walked back

Padilla is on the roof top every Tuesday evening for the sunsets. I also missed him this year,gutted.

Del mar,without a sunsets shadow of doubt. Yes they have both changed alot,but Mambos to me, is everything that is wrong with ibiza these days..

I used to spend alot of time at savannahs,back in the day.

A few years (or so) past, went to Mambo and sat on the rocks, vino decanted into plastic bottles. The purpose; to listen to a Padilla sunset set. It didn't really happen, he played generic house, looked bored and miserable...as did everyone else. Nobody knew who he was, not a name at the top of a poster for Pacha or wherever that night, so didn't mean anything. Think he is in a better place these days.
Mambo....kidz club.

Clueless kids club..

.....I mean,come on. The year before last,when Mambo kept rolling out the red carpet every week for steve aoki. Haa haaa,f***ing hell,what a whopper! words fail me...

In my experience, on the right night Mambo is the best.

However, on my past few visits I've been heading down to Kumharas and its fast becoming my favorite sunset spot on the island. It's a little more off the beaten track, always has a nice crowd and the food and drink is spot on. If your really lucky, you might even catch Sasha playing :D

Back