Cheltenham Festival (horse Racing Not Another Weekend For The Unwashed!)

madwhitegiant

If anyone is into the gee gees I have been given a couple of horses worth a punt today at the Cheltenham Festival.

Osana in one race and Ashkazar I think in the last race. (apologies if spelling wrong!)

The source is pretty reliable but not always 100% but if he was then none of us would be working!!

I know nothing about horse racing but will have a lady maybe more an ayrton on each for a bit of interest this afternoon. However I will not be held responsible for any of you spending your dinner money/life savings on either nag and it coming last! Nor if you end up in Gamblers Anoymous I cannot take the blame for that either! ;)

Anyway good luck folks.

Id love a bet but we are nowhere near a bookies here, will try get a few bets on this evening for tomorrow, Irish jockeys and horses to once again clean up i reckon8)

Id love a bet but we are nowhere near a bookies here, will try get a few bets on this evening for tomorrow, Irish jockeys and horses to once again clean up i reckon8)

Sorry just read your message again - Nowhere near a bookies????

Where the bloomin hell are you then?? Everywhere has a bookies nowadays even the Vatican! ;)

all the guys from work are going tomorrow and Thursday, they are gutted that the hospitality tent has blown away :lol:

Sorry just read your message again - Nowhere near a bookies????

Where the bloomin hell are you then?? Everywhere has a bookies nowadays even the Vatican! ;)
No i work in a business park and the nearest bookies is about 2 miles away id say, there's only one or two shops/garages here.

If anyone is into the gee gees I have been given a couple of horses worth a punt today at the Cheltenham Festival.

Osana in one race and Ashkazar I think in the last race. (apologies if spelling wrong!)

The source is pretty reliable but not always 100% but if he was then none of us would be working!!

I know nothing about horse racing but will have a lady maybe more an ayrton on each for a bit of interest this afternoon. However I will not be held responsible for any of you spending your dinner money/life savings on either nag and it coming last! Nor if you end up in Gamblers Anoymous I cannot take the blame for that either! ;)

Anyway good luck folks.

Both horses are from the david pipe stable and both have very good chances!!

not looked at runners & riders yet but if you see

vodka bleu
straw bear

then they are worth a punt, ew or on the nose dependent on who's running with them.

ok just had a look:

2.00 Binocular
2.35 Kruggyrova
3.15 Straw bear
4.00 Offarel Dairy
4.35 Le Duc
5.10 Prince Erik

all on the nose!!!

ok just had a look:

2.00 Binocular
2.35 Kruggyrova
3.15 Straw bear
4.00 Offarel Dairy
4.35 Le Duc
5.10 Prince Erik

all on the nose!!!

If Binocular comes in i'm running over the road to whack an accumulator on the rest. Got to do me evening footie bets too! I'm banned by the missus from using my Sky Bet account at the moment!:spank:

oohh!!

the irish dominance continues!!

"Just look at Tony McCoy's face - he is absolutely gutted. He had the choice of riding Binocular or Captain Cee Bee in the race."
Race commentator Luke Harvey on BBC Radio 5 Live

1400: Anglo Irish Bank Supreme Novices' Hurdle (2m 110y)
1. Captain Cee Bee (R Thornton) 17-2
2. Binocular (AP McCoy) 8-1 cf
3. Snap Tie (Richard Johnson) 20-1
22 ran
Captain Cee Bee gives last year's Cheltenham Festival leading rider Robert Thornton the perfect start to the 2008 Festival with victory over Binocular and Tony McCoy in the battle of the JP McManus-owned horses. It looked like McCoy would win when they jumped the last together but it was Captain Cee Bee, who finished strongest up the famous Cheltenham hill to continue Ireland's strong record in the race.

Back