Champions League

Jonny68

Absolutely gutted i can't be in Manchester for the game tonite, flights are booked, ticket sorted,etc im just skint:cry: (God i hope i get back to work next week) anyway i don't hold out much hope of us beating Man United at Old Trafford although we'll hopefully run them close, both sets of fans as ever should get on well, i think Arsenal might struggle against Fernabache in Turkey, Juventus v Real Madrid will also be an interesting game:)

Absolutely gutted i can't be in Manchester for the game tonite, flights are booked, ticket sorted,etc im just skint:cry: (God i hope i get back to work next week) anyway i don't hold out much hope of us beating Man United at Old Trafford although we'll hopefully run them close, both sets of fans as ever should get on well, i think Arsenal might struggle against Fernabache in Turkey, Juventus v Real Madrid will also be an interesting game:)

Hoping Celtic cause a shock tonight!
Shame Crossas is injured, how has he been playing?

You couldn't get there even with your flight and tickets already paid? Or did you have to sell your place?

[insert Celtic/Man U dual support gag here] but I do feel a bit sorry for you old mucker.

He has done ok so far thanks Ferd, but he wont be playing this evening as he picked up an injury last Saturday against Inverness CT, we have a few key players out this evening so not looking good but this is a golden opportunity for those who replace them to stand up and be counted on the big stage.

Latest Celtic team news not good:confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7680146.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
You couldn't get there even with your flight and tickets already paid? Or did you have to sell your place?

[insert Celtic/Man U dual support gag here] but I do feel a bit sorry for you old mucker.

well i still had to pay for the ticket plus money to spend which i didn't have unfortunately, flights were booked and paid for, my mate just texted me and has 2 spares as well, am hoping to get to the return leg in Celtic Park in 2 weeks, i can't believe ive not been to a Celtic game yet this season, this time last year i must have been at around 5..sign of the times i guess:confused:

Indeed Spure beat us pre season in a friendly game and now look at them, the Champions League is what it's at, think Chelsea will beat Roma.

Indeed Spure beat us pre season in a friendly game and now look at them, the Champions League is what it's at, think Chelsea will beat Roma.

yeah, 3 games and out! (thats if u survive pre-qualifying!) - and its not like its tough for Celtic to actually get into it, is it! :lol:

so, if spurs are ****e... and we beat Celtic... doesn't that technically mean Celtic are even worse than Tottenham? :lol:

Can't wait for the desamation of Celtic tonight, I reckon 5 - 0. This is like my favourite game of the year, especially considering I'm a Newcastle / Bournemouth fan. I gotta play football half way through it though which is annoying as I'll probably miss about 16 goals at least.

Can't wait for the desamation of Celtic tonight, I reckon 5 - 0. This is like my favourite game of the year, especially considering I'm a Newcastle / Bournemouth fan. I gotta play football half way through it though which is annoying as I'll probably miss about 16 goals at least.

Decimation: source of this word is believed to be from the practice of Roman Military Officers to execute every tenth man "Deci" within military units who refused to follow orders.

The other nine usually played ball, except if your name was maximus russell crowius.

United v Celtic head 2 head

European Home

Tuesday October 21 2008

EUROPEAN PEDIGREE
United are the reigning champions with Alex Ferguson leading the team to their second Champions League title of his tenure. The penalty shoot-out victory over Chelsea in Moscow saw them lift the European crown nine years after they beat Bayern Munich. It was their third victory overall after becoming Europe's top team in 1968.
Celtic were the first British club to be crowned European champions when they beat Inter Milan in the final in 1967. They again reached the final in 1970, losing to Feyenoord.
FORM
The Premier League champions are starting to tick and are benefiting from the fine form of Wayne Rooney. Although the Red Devils hit four against West Brom on Saturday, it was only the third time this season they had scored more than one goal in a league game. United are now fifth in the table with a game in hand.
Celtic are three points clear at the top of the SPL ahead of rivals Rangers, who have a game in hand, following the weekend win at Inverness.
Celtic have lost only once at home all season -- albeit to Rangers -- and they have been relentless. However, their away form in Europe is abysmal with just one point from 16 games.
PLAYERS
United have many household names, while Celtic have few players who would be recognised outside Scotland. The Old Trafford outfit has an abundance of riches up front with Rooney one of the in-form players in the Premier League. Dimitar Berbatov, Carlos Tevez, Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo also star. Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic can be imperious at the back with Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick working hard in midfield.
Celtic are depleted by injuries. Of those available, Scott McDonald is a pacy forward who can score key goals. And many will remember Shunsuke Nakamura who scored with a superb free-kick in the teams' last meeting.

Decimation: source of this word is believed to be from the practice of Roman Military Officers to execute every tenth man "Deci" within military units who refused to follow orders.

The other nine usually played ball, except if your name was maximus russell crowius.

Eh ?!

As expected United win handy enough and Celtic go out of Europe, no excuses United are by far and away a better side the the gulf in class was there for all to see..However the standard of refeering is getting worse all the time, the Referee/Linesmen tonight were absolutely appalling,3 times they got it wrong, Berbatov was offside for both his goals, and the goal were Rooney was judged to be offside should've stood as he wasn't offside.

Anyway with Villarreal beating Aalborg tonite it's looking likely they will join United in the next stage, good luck to United i hope they go on and win it again.

Great result for Arsenal away in Turkey too.

Back