Champions League

As expected United win handy enough and Celtic go out of Europe, no excuses United are by far and away a better side the the gulf in class was there for all to see..However the standard of refeering is getting worse all the time, the Referee/Linesmen tonight were absolutely appalling,3 times they got it wrong, Berbatov was offside for both his goals, and the goal were Rooney was judged to be offside should've stood as he wasn't offside.

Anyway with Villarreal beating Aalborg tonite it's looking likely they will join United in the next stage, good luck to United i hope they go on and win it again.

Great result for Arsenal away in Turkey too.

to be fair
the referee really couldn't have called any of the 3 cos they were so close, half a yard in it each time
the linesmen let him down

Wow how **** was the United v Celtic gamem proper let down

Arsenal ripped Fenerbache a new aresehole :arrow:

Arsenal should had at least 6 or 7 tonight. They're a great team, but they've no killer instinct.
I'm nit picking i know. ;)

J

to be fair
the referee really couldn't have called any of the 3 cos they were so close, half a yard in it each time
the linesmen let him down
Atrocious work by the linesman... 3 fairly obvious calls all wrong.

However, it did provide for some fun banter down at the pub with my Man U-supporting mate and the other Mancs seated around us.

Saw glimpses of the Bucharest v Lyon and Villareal v Aalborg matches out of the corner of my eye. Those were some entertaining matches!

The Scottish league shown up for the crap it is, Teams like Celtic should not be allowed into this competition, they bring nothing to the table, I'd agree with Platini in that regard

Did anyone else note Berbatov's post match interview. Apparently he's playing better at Man U because you 'can't hide during games' there.

That'll be nice for Spurs fans to hear.

such is the poor oposition that celtic offered up last night, manure probably had a tougher time sticking 4 past the baggies at weekend. Just illustrates the void in quality betwixt the prem & the mickey mouse league!!

Did anyone else note Berbatov's post match interview. Apparently he's playing better at Man U because you 'can't hide during games' there.

That'll be nice for Spurs fans to hear.

a true statement given the shambles viewed on offer since him and keane left (who of the 2 i think we miss a hell of a lot more as it was he who made us tick).

:lol: i aint biteing here to the slaggings of celtic in the competition and the diddy league that is the SPL .... but i say again

let us in south of the border and we will take the revenue off all the other clubs outside the top 5 (Man City now part of that)

knock slash like Spurs into the Coca Cola :lol::lol::lol:

the gulf was there to be seen lastnight but i watch with interest apart from Chelsea to see who can give them a game at Old Trafford ;)

:lol: i aint biteing here to the slaggings of celtic in the competition and the diddy league that is the SPL .... but i say again

let us in south of the border and we will take the revenue off all the other clubs outside the top 5 (Man City now part of that)

knock slash like Spurs into the Coca Cola :lol::lol::lol:

the gulf was there to be seen lastnight but i watch with interest apart from Chelsea to see who can give them a game at Old Trafford ;)

Villareal?

to be fair, the gulf was there between us a villareal as well, they could have hammered us if they came out of 2nd gear...

but i did say id watch in interest to see who can give them a game meaning its not past tense :lol:

cause the form just now with an un-interested Ronaldo (imo) is frightening ..... the more i see Ronaldo this year i just see that he wants to be in Spain with Madrid!!!

Just got home (ie back to the hotel) from the match tonight.

Roma was intent on stifling the game tonight... made for painful watching! Quiet night at Stamford Bridge as well... not much to keep the fans cheering. 60-something percent possession but just too difficult to break down that Italian defense.

Still, glad for the win. 8)

And what about Athletico! :twisted:

Liverpool should have killed the game off in the first half, Keane should have been more professional rather than trying a fancy flick, if that had of gone in it would have been over.

Thought the officials were poor again, Benuayoun's goal should have stood to make it 2 nil but they also had a legit goal ruled out when the guy was well on side.

Would have taken a point before kick off so shouldn't grumble too much!

Morbyd, what's your prediction for Sunday?

It'll be tight as usual. Could easily be a scoreless or 1-1 draw.

Liverpool always come to Bridge to defend but hopefully it won't be as dire a match as when I was here last February!

I was also here for the CL semi-final 2nd leg, which was a much better match. Wouldn't mind a repeat of that scoreline :)

Back