Champions League Semi-Final

Morbyd

Nervous about the big night tonight. It's like deja vu all over again!

3rd time lucky for the Blues??

How do you Scousers feel about your chances?

Liverpool 2 1 or 2 0

Barca game depends if Messi is playing but I will go for 2 1 either way! Terry Henry is out I believe.

Love the champ league when it gets to knock out stages. Group stages you can keep but knockout is what it is all about! Bring back the old days of drawing the names out of a hat gives everyone a chance then! Big boys would never allow that to happen though!!

it's all about not conceding the away goal. if we can do that, we've got a great chance. the bottom line tho is that it's far too close to call, anything could happen. look at what seperated the teams in the last 2 semis.

it doesn't get better than the big european nights.....

Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 2

Barcelona 0 - Man Utd 2

£4 @ 195/1 = £780

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting bet, SP - 2 goals each for the away teams...

I think it'll be very tight. If anything like the match I attended in February at the Bridge, even the legendary Kop will fall silent as those not using caffeine or other stimluants are likely to doze off. The match is on network TV here tonight so we're watching at home... I'm opting for the chair instead of the sofa as a precautionary measure.

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
Barcelona 2-1 Manchester

I just think Chelsea have been building up to this moment for like 3 years and have the quality to surpass Liverpool who are devoid of such quality. As for Man U, I think they are a different gravy of garcon, best team I've ever seen in my life I think. Despite by limited knowledge of Barca, think they will do them relatively easily.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a fair result, if you ask me... a couple more chances for Liverpool than Chelsea, but pretty even overall...
Everyone back to Stamford Bridge!

Actually, now that I think about it, Chelsea played well for only about 15 minutes in the middle of the first half and 15 minutes in the second. Otherwise, Liverpool was a little bit on top.

In other words, we were lucky :lol:

Cech saved us a couple of times...
But also Liverpool were lucky not to have conceeded that potential penalty.

Guess we were a little bit lucky at the end.

But also Liverpool were lucky not to have conceeded that potential penalty.
The point no one is talking about is that if you watch closely, when Kuyt scored his goal, Makalele had jumped to try to volley the ball before it landed at Kuyt's feet. He missed, of course, but on his way down, Kuyt reaches over a sly little hand and lifts his calf, causing him to fall backwards and giving Kuyt the room to shoot. Surely a foul?

On the other hand, Liverpool were unlucky not to have a penalty with Ballack's armball**

**(c) J. Morbyd, 2004

this is wide open now. liverpool have to go to the bridge and get a result which makes for a great game for me as a neutral. note on tonights game though, how many times have you seen a team nearly put a game beyond reach ie torres being saved by cech in 93rd minute and then the other team go up the other end and grab a goal???

Back