Champions League, Gameday #4

What was even funnier was Deco's reaction... one second he was rolling on the floor clutching his leg like he was going to die, but as soon as the ball hit him, his face changed and he popped right up on his feet. Amazing recovery!

As for Gudjohnsen's injury, Ballack's tackle was a fair tackle. On TV, it was clear that Gudjonhsen got injured when his foot came down on top of Ballacks foot. Unfortunate but not intentional.

haha, its class when that happens. or like when a player will retaliate and then go down straight after in an attempt to plead innocence.

you're right on this one. it was accidental, a nasty one...........i've done it before were your foot is kinda jarred away from the ankle.

2-2 seems to be the right result. Personally, I can't decide which of these two teams I dislike more. Perhaps Chelsea, for Mourinho's sheer, brazen hypocrisy, edge it - just.

I thought it was a great game of football, some brilliant skill from both teams. But this was spoiled by the pure theatrical acting from both sides. It's pathetic! They're grown men doing a job that any man would love to do, yet they ruin games by diving and acting. Why can't they just play a proper game of football?

Drogba seemed to spend half the time on the floor acting like he'd been stabbed! Deco also looked like he was having a heart attack, only for John Terry to kick the ball at him and he leapt up and tried fighting him! :rolleyes:

Both teams should be ashamed of themselves, half the match was either spent rolling around on the floor acting or pushing eachother about. To think the amount of money they get paid just to do that :rolleyes: :x

Personally, I can't decide which of these two teams I dislike more.

why do you dislike Barcelona?

Im with Becki, i thought the game was fantastic. Lots of good quality moves and at high pace.
While the diving and theatrics isnt ideal i think people have to understand that it happens and it will continue to happen. I hate it when people say "Oh but in the old days people would play with a broken leg blah blah blah..." or "in rugby that doesnt happen"....
SOOO what???? This is football, the biggest sport in the world where winning or losing cost millions of pounds.. rugby players only wished their meaningless poncy Heinenken Cup would mean as much as that!

Anyway, about the football, the draw was a fair result. I think Chelsea are now on better form than Barca. Having said that i still think with ronnie at his best and Etoo back we would just pip them, thats my opinion ofcourse ;)

i just hope we get through to the next round to see it 8)

ps: How long do you think before Stu Hirts posts about how these dirty foreign players are all wusses for diving and cheating, and how the british never do it..?

;)

why do you dislike Barcelona?

Im with Becki, i thought the game was fantastic. Lots of good quality moves and at high pace.
While the diving and theatrics isnt ideal i think people have to understand that it happens and it will continue to happen. I hate it when people say "Oh but in the old days people would play with a broken leg blah blah blah..." or "in rugby that doesnt happen"....
SOOO what???? This is football, the biggest sport in the world where winning or losing cost millions of pounds.. rugby players only wished their meaningless poncy Heinenken Cup would mean as much as that!

Anyway, about the football, the draw was a fair result. I think Chelsea are now on better form than Barca. Having said that i still think with ronnie at his best and Etoo back we would just pip them, thats my opinion ofcourse ;)

i just hope we get through to the next round to see it 8)

How are you feeling FHFHFHFHFH ;)

I was pmsl last night when Tom texted you at 90 mins saying good game - thought a draw would be a fairer result...........and then 30 seconds later Drogba equalised :lol: ;)

It was ironic, i was reading the text just as Drogba scored :(

I was obviously gutted yesterday, but im being philosophical about the result. No long term damage was caused, as I believe we'll still go through, plus you can tell Tom i'll be Chelsea's biggest fan when they play Wender Bremen.. :lol:

Come on Mourinho!! ;)

It was ironic, i was reading the text just as Drogba scored :(

I was obviously gutted yesterday, but im being philosophical about the result. No long term damage was caused, as I believe we'll still go through, plus you can tell Tom i'll be Chelsea's biggest fan when they play Wender Bremen.. :lol:

Come on Mourinho!! ;)

Tom's hoping that Chelsea field a weak team and accidentally let Bremen win :lol: :lol: ;)

I'm looking forward to my first arsenal game tomorrow night :) Can't wait to take in the atmosphere at emirates stadium! :D

See you there mate! (well I won't because of 60,000 other people - but you get my drift!) Welcome aboard. You have made a superb decision in joining the worlds greatest team. 8)

And it was a great game last night but as usual if you are a fan you only see it from that perspective. They were both equally as bad as each other - Carvalliho smashing Deco in his Jacobs, Marquez stamping on Essien's Jacobs, etc etc.

Barca don't seem as hungry as last year - Chelsea will go close.

An Arsenal/Chelsea final woudl be superb. Bring it on! :p

Abysmal performance from Celtic tonite you cant expect to defend like that at this level and expect to get away with it, Caldwell was shocking whatever about the first goal but he was shocking for the second and should've done better for their third, he deserves to be dropped over tonites disastrous performance
icon_evil.gif

I feel Strachan did actually get it wrong tonite playing a 4-5-1, we should've played 4-4-2 and McGeady should've been on from the start along with Zurawski, we were piss poor at times, a shadow of the same side that beat Benfica 3-0 at home, our away record in Europe is appalling and needs to improve.

Man United lost 1-0 to FC Copenhagen but i believe they are all but through anyway but we seriously need at least win another game and draw one to make sure of qualifaction, im still confident we will do it but we need a big improvement on tonites shocker.

I must finally mention the amazing Celtic fans did you hear them singing at the end even though we were 3-0 down best fans in the world bar none,lovely to see them shaking hands with Benfica fans at the end as well,unlike English hooligans Celtic fans are welcomed everywhere they go.

Abysmal performance from Celtic tonite you cant expect to defend like that at this level and expect to get away with it, Caldwell was shocking whatever about the first goal but he was shocking for the second and should've done better for their third, he deserves to be dropped over tonites disastrous performance
icon_evil.gif

I feel Strachan did actually get it wrong tonite playing a 4-5-1, we should've played 4-4-2 and McGeady should've been on from the start along with Zurawski, we were piss poor at times, a shadow of the same side that beat Benfica 3-0 at home, our away record in Europe is appalling and needs to improve.

Man United lost 1-0 to FC Copenhagen but i believe they are all but through anyway but we seriously need at least win another game and draw one to make sure of qualifaction, im still confident we will do it but we need a big improvement on tonites shocker.

I must finally mention the amazing Celtic fans did you hear them singing at the end even though we were 3-0 down best fans in the world bar none,lovely to see them shaking hands with Benfica fans at the end as well,unlike English hooligans Celtic fans are welcomed everywhere they go.

bit harsh on caldwell, he's played well this season and one bad night doesn't make a bad team. obviously there will be knee jerk reactions but come 3 weeks we'll be right up for it again and we'll beat united at home ;)

heads up, hail hail.

Back