Champions League, Gameday #4

Morbyd

So, tonight's the big night. :D

Chelsea v Barcelona is the big matchup tonight, of course.

I predict.... wait for it.... a Barca win. 2-1.

Chelsea haven't won at the Nou Camp... though Barca have never beaten Chelsea when the Blues had 11 men on the field for 90 minutes :!:. Head-to-head in Europe so far, the record is Chelsea 5, Barca 6, Draw 1.

I thought Chelsea thoroughly deserved their victory 2 weeks ago but, as I said then, the big game for us is Werder Bremen away.

What other games are people watching?

hope barca do it tonight!

my heart will be in lisbon tomorrow night to hopefully watch the scottish champions bring home their first victory in the champions league! (only point we've ever got in the CL was at the nou camp incidentally, what a night that was, watched it from the very back row :D)

That's what they call it!

It has nothing to do with where you are... it has to do with the round of matches you're on.

That's what they call it!

It has nothing to do with where you are... it has to do with the round of matches you're on.

I have never ever heard the phrase 'gameday' heard on any Sky or ITV Champions League coverage - you sure it's not something you picked up on Soccer TV :lol: ;)

No, I've heard it from UEFA people :lol:
But they also use the term Matchday... in fact, that's probably more common.

Morbyd,
Your speech sounds soooo Mourinho that I only have to add one thing: go to the theatre :lol: ;)

I'm going to the game tonight, I'm really excited cos I'm going with two of my girlies who managed to get their boyfriends' sits 8)

I hope a 2-0

I'd love to go to the theater, but I can't make it to the Nou Camp tonight. Glad to hear that you and your girlfriends will be there though! ;)

Camp Nou it's not exactly a theatre :lol: :lol:
I wonder if my neighbourgs at Camp Nou will be that pleased with the three of us watching Marquez and MOurinho instead of talking about penalties :eek: :lol:

This is not a Morbydism! I've actually heard the term used by Europeans! :lol:

If I were Americanizing it, I would have said "Round 4" :spank:

Definitely not in common useage round this way :lol:

You enjoy gameday 4 and let's hope for no armballs :eek: :lol: ;)

jose is now slaggin eidur saying that barcelona have taught him to dive.............IS HE HAVING A GIRAFFE!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

do people not remember eidur falling with style to get xabi alonso yellowed and banned from that memorable second leg.

every team mourinho has managed has incorporated diving/gamesmanship as a weapon in their armoury.

I'm looking forward to my first arsenal game tomorrow night :) Can't wait to take in the atmosphere at emirates stadium! :D

translation into teletubbie, please :oops:
In the US, when a player is kicked out of a game (in soccer or any sport), people say the player was "ejected."

When in Ibiza with several Spotlighters (in no proper state of mind, I might add), I made the grave mistake of using this term instead of the British term "sent off".

This, along with the term "armball", are now official Morbydisms :lol:
(apparently, gameday will now be added to the list, though I contest that one :lol:)

jose is now slaggin eidur saying that barcelona have taught him to dive.............IS HE HAVING A GIRAFFE!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

do people not remember eidur falling with style to get xabi alonso yellowed and banned from that memorable second leg.

every team mourinho has managed has incorporated diving/gamesmanship as a weapon in their armoury.

Does he ever not complain or heat the fire before a big game or does he has an special thing with Barça? :eek:

Back