Champions League, Gameday #4

jose is now slaggin eidur saying that barcelona have taught him to dive.............IS HE HAVING A GIRAFFE!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

do people not remember eidur falling with style to get xabi alonso yellowed and banned from that memorable second leg.

every team mourinho has managed has incorporated diving/gamesmanship as a weapon in their armoury.
Yes, sometime Jose needs to learn when to shut his trap.

I can only hope that he was trying to put pressure on the refs... that would be understandable... though I fear he was actually just shooting his mouth off again.

In the US, when a player is kicked out of a game (in soccer or any sport), people say the player was "ejected."

When in Ibiza with several Spotlighters (in no proper state of mind, I might add), I made the grave mistake of using this term instead of the British term "sent off".

This, along with the term "armball", are now official Morbydisms :lol:
(apparently, gameday will now be added to the list, though I contest that one :lol:)

Thanks, I imagined it was something like that.
What's armball btw

Does he ever not complain or heat the fire before a big game or does he has an special thing with Barça? :eek:

he is like that pretty much all the time altho he is especially like that with Barça and liverpool cos he is bitter and holds a grudge against us. (y envidioso tb!;))

:lol:

Thanks, I imagined it was something like that.
What's armball btw
Another good one... in a discussion about a disputed Drogba goal, I wrote that he'd committed handball but then for some reason decided that, since he hadn't lifted his hand to the ball and it just bounced off his arm, I changed what I wrote to "armball" and completed the post.

This is, of course, was a grave mistake. I did not use the proper terminology - no matter where on the arm/hand the ball falls, one should use the phrase "handball". Thus, a Morbydism was born :lol:

When I read armballs and similar discussions I'm so glad to be spanish and be allowed to say the most silly things in here :lol: :lol: ;)

Barca 2-2 Chelski quite a match in the end, as much as i dislike the Chelski rent boys but they deserved a draw and maybe a win against Barca,some goal by Drogba right at the death fantastic ball control and finish,chelski looking good to go through now,the Catalan monkeys Barca :lol: are gonna have to fight now to qualify.

Liverpool thrash Bordeuax 3-0 so they are looking good to go through as well.

The big one for me is Wednesday nite Benfica v the mighty CELTIC FC my beloved Bhoys,id be happy with a draw over there,wish i was there some mates of mine are in Portugal now getting drunk:cry::lol: never mind ill be there in Glasgow in 3 weeks watching us beat Man United ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Champions League Results 31st October 2006

Group A
FT Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea

FT Levski Sofia 0-3 Werder Bremen

Group B

FT Spartak Moscow 0-1 Inter Milan

FT Bayern Munich 0-0 Sporting

Group C
FT Liverpool 3-0 Bordeaux

FT PSV Eindhoven 2-0 Galatasaray

Group D
FT Roma 1-1 Olympiacos

FT Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Valencia

Barca 2-2 Chelski quite a match in the end, as much as i dislike the Chelski rent boys but they deserved a draw and maybe a win against Barca,some goal by Drogba right at the death fantastic ball control and finish
Possibly one of the ugliest games I've ever seen. Neither side deserved a win with all that falling and tripping and whining, etc, in nearly even amounts.

Chelsea probably should have won if you're going by number of attempts on goal but for some poor finishing (Ballack, Robben?!) and 3 great saves by the keeper. Barca played some of their pretty football at times, but not as often as you'd expect, and defended pretty well.

The only decent moments in the games were the goals. Deco's shot well taken, Ronaldinho's great set-up for Gudjohnsen (I'm really glad he scored... Mounrinho shouldn't have slagged an Old Boy), Lampard's amazingly acute angle and, as stated above, Drogba's poise and ball control.

Must say I'm very annoyed at the television broadcast. All that confusion with the "2nd" Ashley Cole yellow card (the first one was actually for Lampard, but the TV cameras and computer graphics showed Cole). Amateurish.

Edit: Just realized the ref only played five and a half of 6 (!) added minutes. Symbolic of his poor performance as well...
chelski looking good to go through now,the Catalan monkeys Barca :lol: are gonna have to fight now to qualify.
Chelsea are definitely through now.... they only need one point from 2 games.... a win against Levski Sofia at home and we win the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly one of the ugliest games I've ever seen. Neither side deserved a win with all that falling and tripping and whining, etc, in nearly even amounts.

Chelsea probably should have won if you're going by number of attempts on goal but for some poor finishing (Ballack, Robben?!) and 3 great saves by the keeper. Barca played some of their pretty football at times, but not as often as you'd expect, and defended pretty well.

The only decent moments in the games were the goals. Deco's shot well taken, Ronaldinho's great set-up for Gudjohnsen (I'm really glad he scored... Mounrinho shouldn't have slagged an Old Boy), Lampard's amazingly acute angle and, as stated above, Drogba's poise and ball control.

Must say I'm very annoyed at the television broadcast. All that confusion with the "2nd" Ashley Cole yellow card (the first one was actually for Lampard, but the TV cameras and computer graphics showed Cole). Amateurish.

Edit: Just realized the ref only played five and a half of 6 (!) added minutes. Symbolic of his poor performance as well...

Chelsea are definitely through now.... they only need one point from 2 games.... a win against Levski Sofia at home and we win the group.

Yes i agree the referee was very ameaturish indeed certainly not fit to referee such a big game,i thought it was a good game allbeit a bit dirty,could this be the end of Barca in the CL i wonder?

I don't think so. Barca is a great team... European champions and all that. I think they'll beat Werder Bremen at home to go through and, if not, they'll do fine with Levski even away in Bulgaria.

Agree. Where's the british fair play? I thought the diving was an exclusive for us poor spaniards :confused:

Lampard's and Deco's goal were great

This is silly. The match was really heated and nobody in the stadium knew for who was the yellow card. But don't worry Morbyd, we are going to put a direct wireless speaker from the referee to the tv realisator :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I'm very annoyed with chelsea.
Their footy now it's a bit nicer to watch than the previous years but there's ages I've haven't seen such a dirty game.
Drogba asking for medical assistance and standing up suddenly when the referee says something to him (just to mention some of drogba's performances)
two chelsea players diving in the area and asking for penalty (actually that's a yellow)
ballack injuring gudjhonsen and making a very despective movement when the blonde was laying in the pitch
Terry shotting at Deco when he was in the floor (nice coming form a capitan)
Ashley Cole touching his balls and pointing the public at the end of the game (is that what you call a british gentleman?)
Morinho only accepting questions form english press and suggesting that the 7 yellow cards are because "someone" looked for them (that someone is barça players, of course)

Of course Barça isn't the best, cleanest team in the world, but the proportion 7-3 yellow cards / 14-29 fouls says something imo.

And, of course, our trainner doesn't have the mouth full of fair play, diving and theatre like others :confused:

This is a very very rare image. A shame it's the image of the game :confused:
1162335368.jpg

The big one for me is Wednesday nite Benfica v the mighty CELTIC FC my beloved Bhoys,id be happy with a draw over there,wish i was there some mates of mine are in Portugal now getting drunk:cry::lol: never mind ill be there in Glasgow in 3 weeks watching us beat Man United ;)

hail hail to that - c'mon the hoops! 8)

you can't blame spanish TV. nobody knew who it was for and in an interview afterwards, lampard said "well if i got booked, i don't know what for".

lampard's goal was one in a million. amazing.

JT makes me laugh, when he volleyed the ball at Deco when he was on the floor and then when he looked like he was gonna explode after drog scored.:lol: he's as bad at gamesmanship as the divers, just far far far more subtle about it.

you can't blame spanish TV. nobody knew who it was for and in an interview afterwards, lampard said "well if i got booked, i don't know what for"
Sil, you were in the stadium so I assume you didn't watch it on TV at the time.
This is silly. The match was really heated and nobody in the stadium knew for who was the yellow card. But don't worry Morbyd, we are going to put a direct wireless speaker from the referee to the tv realisator :rolleyes:
Grego, I'm not sure it's Spanish TV. It was the video feed that all channels get.

What happened was: they showed Lampard's yellow card as Cole's, they showed the Ref holding the card then a shot of Cole walking away and put up a graphic that the card was for Cole.

However, after the game, they showed another angle where you realize Lampard was standing much closer to the ref and the ref looking at him. Where was that angle earlier?

Frank did say he didn't know what the card was for, but the ref said it was for dissent.

JT makes me laugh, when he volleyed the ball at Deco when he was on the floor
What was even funnier was Deco's reaction... one second he was rolling on the floor clutching his leg like he was going to die, but as soon as the ball hit him, his face changed and he popped right up on his feet. Amazing recovery!

silvia said:
I'm sorry but I'm very annoyed with chelsea.
Their footy now it's a bit nicer to watch than the previous years but there's ages I've haven't seen such a dirty game.
Drogba asking for medical assistance and standing up suddenly when the referee says something to him (just to mention some of drogba's performances)
two chelsea players diving in the area and asking for penalty (actually that's a yellow)
ballack injuring gudjhonsen and making a very despective movement when the blonde was laying in the pitch
Terry shotting at Deco when he was in the floor (nice coming form a capitan)
Ashley Cole touching his balls and pointing the public at the end of the game (is that what you call a british gentleman?)
Morinho only accepting questions form english press and suggesting that the 7 yellow cards are because "someone" looked for them (that someone is barça players, of course)

Of course Barça isn't the best, cleanest team in the world, but the proportion 7-3 yellow cards / 14-29 fouls says something imo.
Aw, come on Silvia. There were no good guys and bad guys in this game. Everyone was at fault here not just Chelsea.

The Drogba case you mentioned, when he got up you could see on TV that blood was dripping from his nose! He'd just gotten hit in the face! Now, I thought he was waaaaay to theatrical last night but Barca were definitely after him - Motta tripping him as he ran by (away from the ball), someone pushing him in the back another time. He was a marked man. He pushed Motta down once too so Drogba's equally to blame.

It was a 6 - 4 card ratio, not 7 -3. One of Chelsea's cards was for dissent so it wasn't a playing moment. Another was for Terry's stupid kick of the ball at Deco (who was, stupidly, faking injury at the time).

Lampard was tripped. I personally don't care that there wasn't a penalty, but he's not a diver. But overall, there was diving all over the pitch on both teams and it was pathetic. I think Barca had the edge in diving, Chelsea had the edge in rough play.

As for Gudjohnsen's injury, Ballack's tackle was a fair tackle. On TV, it was clear that Gudjonhsen got injured when his foot came down on top of Ballacks foot. Unfortunate but not intentional.

It was an ugly game, Sil, but I think the blame was shared evenly.

it's all about points of views morbyd and we know we are not going to reach and agreement. I think chelsea was way dirtier than barça and nothing will make me me change opinion.

But the big difference, as I said before and you seem to ignore, is that we don't have our mouths full of fair play, rolling and theatre things like your devoted Mourinho, who every year is more and more rude, diva and unpolite with other teams and press.
And don't come and say it's his strategy, cos rudeness with press when the game is over has nothing else to see with strategy :confused:

Back