Champions League Final tickets

a fascinating thread which is illustrative of the broader divide between ye olde football and nu-football

However, I'm particularly interested in super polack's bizarre outburst.

always did strike me as a bit of an oddball

Morbyd, I somehow missed this thread, but after reading it i have a profound respect for your resilience in the face of overwhelming hostility.

:lol:
Glutton for punishment? :lol:
Looking back now, some of the abuse was deserved (I said some, not all, Dan :lol:)
Amazing how much more mellow I am, in life in general, some 4 years later.

Glutton for punishment? :lol:
Looking back now, some of the abuse was deserved (I said some, not all, Dan :lol:)
Amazing how much more mellow I am, in life in general, some 4 years later.

I always said you came across like a tw@t on here but you are really nice in real life - that is a compliment btw :lol:;)

a fascinating thread which is illustrative of the broader divide between ye olde football and nu-football

However, I'm particularly interested in super polack's bizarre outburst.

always did strike me as a bit of an oddball

Another poster who seems to have mellowed. In fact Super P (nee Pollark)'s calmer nature seemed to coincide with his career move away from industrial refrigeration equipment:confused:

Another poster who seems to have mellowed. In fact Super P (nee Pollark)'s calmer nature seemed to coincide with his career move away from industrial refrigeration equipment:confused:

That would have worked better with 'cooler' rather than 'calmer' y'see?

Morbyd, I somehow missed this thread, but after reading it i have a profound respect for your resilience in the face of overwhelming hostility.

:lol:
And I'm back for it again!

I just applied for the lottery for Champions League final tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Hoping, of course, that I won't need them when my team gets to the final and I get tix in the supporters' section :!:)

Expensive as f**k, by the way :x

Na, mate. It's not corporate tix. Just regular ones. You can sign up on the UEFA site until 18 March.

But the price is nuts. 150 to sit behind goal, 225 in the corner, 300 in the middle. That's GBP.

I'd hate to think how much they're charging for corporate tix!

out of interest, how does it work if you spend £300 on a ticket and then you get stuck with Inter Bayern Munich - do you get your money back? or do you just have to punt them on the black market?

You've got to buy them even before the 1/4 final, I think, so you could end up with Shakhtar v Marseilles :lol:

out of interest, how does it work if you spend £300 on a ticket and then you get stuck with Inter Bayern Munich - do you get your money back? or do you just have to punt them on the black market?

you just make 5 times that selling it to some neazzuri.

actually, isn't there a way to actually return them?? i thought there was so tickets didn't go to waste.

I do remember meeting these guys from Ghana in this sleazy little bar I won't name in the barrio chino in barcelona - may 1999, and they were in ecstatic mood, we got talking to them and they had managed to flog a couple of tickets to some United fans for £2000 :lol: (whether the tix were legit or not, I will never know)

UEAFA is saying the tickets are linked to a person so I guess that means no touting
Doesn't mean anything. They always threaten to check your ID at the entrance but never do. If they did it would take days for the stadium to fill.

For the final in Moscow, I gave my lottery tickets with my name on them to my brother-in-law (I got more through Chelsea) and he had no probs getting in. For Paris, I got tix from a travel agent friend with some random Russian names on them.

Back