Champions League Draw

Jam Man

Manchester Ushiite'd v Bayern Muchingflapjack
Lyon v Bordeaux

(Winners meet in the semi final)

Arsenal v Barcelona
Inter v CSKA

Looks like a Manc v Barca final then....

Or Man U v Inter

Worst draw possible for CSKA... might pop over to the hotel to say hi to Jose though (visiting teams often stay in the one across the street from my office)

Last edited by a moderator:
Europa League:

Fulham v Wolfsburg

Hamburg v Standard Liege

Atletico Madrid v Valencia

Benfica v Liverpool

Possibility of Benitez v Valencia or Torres v Atletico in the Semi

Also an all English final?

Europa League:

Fulham v Wolfsburg

Hamburg v Standard Liege

Atletico Madrid v Valencia

Benfica v Liverpool

Possibility of Benitez v Valencia or Torres v Atletico in the Semi

Also an all English final?

Though i'm not a Fulham supporter i watched the game v Juvè down my local & actually enjoyed watching it:D. If an English Club deserves winning the Europa League this year it must surely be R Hodgsons Fulham & not tossers calling themselves Liverpool:evil:

Though i'm not a Fulham supporter i watched the game v Juvè down my local & actually enjoyed watching it:D. If an English Club deserves winning the Europa League this year it must surely be R Hodgsons Fulham & not tossers calling themselves Liverpool:evil:

Why not hit us with one of your incredibly funny and not at all bigoted jokes?

Go on, there's a field of tumbleweed dying to get out....

:rolleyes:

I agree, i'm an arsenal fan and i can't see us getting past barcelona.
But i pray in the name in the name of all that is holy that man utd don't get to the final or god forbid win the fecking thing, that would be a disaster.
Bayern are capable of knocking them out and after 99 will have plenty of motivation.

If/when Inter play Barcelona I fancy it to be a very close match. Stuttgart shot themselves in the foot by being to scared to tackle Messi, I don't see Inter having that problem. A few swift whacks early on, and they'll keep him under wraps. Although I shouldn't say that like it's easy. :lol: and Barca have other players that can do the busineness.

For me it's a Man Utd - Inter final, and I think they'll struggle with Rooney. Whack him, and he'll whack you back, and not like he would have a few seasons back.

Messi is just taking the piss at the moment (8 in 3) - his second against Stuttgart and his second against Zaragoza were just RIDICULOUS - the crowd were bowing! :)

that said - still have a few reservations about the team's plan b, when they get hustled out of possession as chelsea last year and stuttgart in the first leg discovered

+ my money's on Zlatan doing the off this summer... (he doesn't fit at all)

Messi is just taking the piss at the moment (8 in 3) - his second against Stuttgart and his second against Zaragoza were just RIDICULOUS - the crowd were bowing! :)

that said - still have a few reservations about the team's plan b, when they get hustled out of possession as chelsea last year and stuttgart in the first leg discovered

+ my money's on Zlatan doing the off this summer... (he doesn't fit at all)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rK6vyUQ6kQ

1.13 onwards. Incredible. I love the way he does not even particularly rely on pace. The ball stays no further than a couple of foot from him.

I know i'm repeating what others are suggesting, but how good was Marradonna to be better than him?

I know i'm repeating what others are suggesting, but how good was Marradonna to be better than him?

he needs to turn it on at the WC as well - it will always be the global yardstick for greatness, immortality etc

some of the mess-turbation in the press at the moment is getting a bit much though. He'll go and have a stinker on Saturday now :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
he needs to turn it on at the WC as well - it will always be the global yardstick for greatness, immortality etc

some of the mess-turbation in the press at the moment is getting a bit much though. He'll go and have a stinker on Saturday now :confused:

the only thing napoli had won when maradona arrived was the anglo-italian cup (and the coppa italia once or twice when some naples gangster spent some cash)

by the time he'd left they'd won 2 league titles, another coppa italia and a UEFA cup.

they've not won anything since.

messi will never play in a team anywhere near as bad as maradona had to for large parts of his career.

Back