Champions League Draw

messi will never play in a team anywhere near as bad as maradona had to for large parts of his career.

not only that i don't think there's any other team than Barcelona where he would be so effective. The style of play employed by Barca suits his game to a T.

he needs to turn it on at the WC as well - it will always be the global yardstick for greatness, immortality etc

I agree he has to play well in a world cup, but he doesn't have to win it. Cruyff and Di stefano never won it and yet they're regarded as great.
Plus he can't help being managed by an inept manager at the moment.. :rolleyes:

Maradona only won 3 league titles in his career, plus one UEFA Cup. Messi has already won more than him at club level, and he's only 22.

Like Grego says, Messi will never play for a team like Napoli so it's very hard to compare.

Well, I called Inter 8)

Despite my bittersweet feelings towards him, I have to admit a certain amount of pleasure watching Jose Mourinho celebrate on the pitch in the Nou Camp :twisted:

And Buckets is an ass.

Well, I called Inter 8)

Despite my bittersweet feelings towards him, I have to admit a certain amount of pleasure watching Jose Mourinho celebrate on the pitch in the Nou Camp :twisted:

And Buckets is an ass.

SHOCKING

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_biscuitsshakey.gif

Well, I called Inter 8)

And Buckets is an ass.

funny that, cos it just made me think what a twat he was. :rolleyes:

inter deserved to go through, barça knew what needed to be done and didn't break the gain line enough to create the chances. sometimes you just have to put your balls on the table and fcukin go for it.......

oh well, bayern munich or inter then, what a choice........nearly as bad as chelsea or utd for the title. :lol:

Agreed Grego, best team got through, no excuses what so ever.

We didn't have the spark needed, but proud we went out trying to play football the way we always do.

Well done to Inter, a great defensive performance.

Time to focus on the league, and when the season ends time to start replacing the biggest fraud that is Ibrahimovic. I wanted to give him a chance this season but he's been shocking.

I knew we'd miss Iniesta :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Turning on the sprinklers wasn't especially sporting behavior either!

Not like the pitch wasn't wet enough...

When it happens to a manager who decides to play on sand in a CL quarter final so that it disrupts the passing of the opposition team I think it's perfectly justified :lol:

It was a pretty dull game to watch.

As for the whole hand in the face red card scene... if it'd been th eother way around you know any inter player would've hit the deck in the same fashion. Both teams are easy to gown at the best of times.

Forza Mourinho!

Loved his celebration at the end 8) :lol:

You disappoint me Dan! :twisted:
Lets hope Spurs make the CL next year and we end up in the same group ;)

Like Russel says, everyone does the same these days when it comes to cheating. To say it's a continental thing would also be silly as this happens everywhere in the modern game.

people seem to forget that Motta was already on a yellow as well

it should have been a yellow for that incident = going off anyway
what he was thinking i'm not sure
no need for him to hand off on someone who was never reaching the ball

his antics after the red card should see him get a Drogba-esque suspension

A team of rejects beat a team of stars!

Typical Italian performance. Defending a lead and holding on.

Have to question the Barca team tactics....Messi once again was underutilised kept coming up the same channel all the time. Hes not a center forward.

Barca unlucky to have goal disallowed as it was ball to hand and unintentional.

Jose Mourinho a master tactician and a great judge of a player. He bought most of that inter team himself.

Poor performance by the referee.

Cheating is just part of the modern game today.

You disappoint me Dan! :twisted:
Lets hope Spurs make the CL next year and we end up in the same group ;)

Like Russel says, everyone does the same these days when it comes to cheating. To say it's a continental thing would also be silly as this happens everywhere in the modern game.

Sorry Ferd, I did feel for you when the full time went. :spank:

They should be more attacking when they travel Ferd, instead of grinding out draws like they did when they played us ;)

I just love how Maureens such a school boy when it comes to his celebrations and seige mentality! Can't stand his style of play, but it's always nice to see the underdogs win once in a while (and stick one up the fashionable club du jour ;) )

I just hope the upset doesn't send the board doing anything rash like sacking the manager or any of the forwards. I warn you now Barcelona: HANDS OFF CROUCHY AND REDKNAPP!!

:lol:;)

Back