Carl Cox @ Space 2016 - His Last Year Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pencilled in the 13th too, but the 6th is looking tempting. Nina would destroy the Discoteca, HS82 & Eats Everything on the Terrace looks hard to beat too

Actually prefer that lineup but don't fly out til Wednesday so miss it.

Probably two of the biggest DNB artists over the last 20 + years. I think it would be really interesting seeing them in the space environment rather than together at amnesia.

I was massively into DNB in my younger days and these two play very different styles.

Carl Cox used to do Fantazia etc with a load of the big (now) dnb djs such as fabio and grooverider.

Andy C - more upfront but excellent dj (though does play a lot of cheese now) - excellent atmosphere when he plays.
LTJ Bukem - is a pioneer of the liquid variety of drum and bass - this is such a beautiful tune

I'm not doubting they are excellent dj's and have been among the biggest in their genre (I have actually heard of Andy C before) but their sound simply isn't to my taste hence why i'll be giving them a miss

I can't spot a bad week.

Okay the dnb on the terrace week isn't to my personal taste, but other than that I think these weekly line-ups are fantastic.

Probably two of the biggest DNB artists over the last 20 + years. I think it would be really interesting seeing them in the space environment rather than together at amnesia.

I was massively into DNB in my younger days and these two play very different styles.

Carl Cox used to do Fantazia etc with a load of the big (now) dnb djs such as fabio and grooverider.

Andy C - more upfront but excellent dj (though does play a lot of cheese now) - excellent atmosphere when he plays.
LTJ Bukem - is a pioneer of the liquid variety of drum and bass - this is such a beautiful tune

One of my fave raving memories was back at Space in 2007 - Bukem playing in the smaller room and Carl Cox stood behind him nodding to the d'n'b. Brilliant. Not very busy but great to see two massive legends feeling the music.

Have to say I'm not at d n b fan at all but found myself in the terrace when Rob swire played the terrace and had an absolute blast

I can't believe how lucky I've been with my trip this year:
  • Eats Everything, Patrick Topping, Sante & Sidney, Bastian Bux et al at Elrow Saturday
  • Solomun + Dixon Sunday
  • Luciano, Carl Craig, Beyer, Engberg & Scuba Monday
  • Cox, Morillo, Francois K and Tenaglia Tuesday
I'm actually struggling to find a week where I could have picked it better...

My only regrets are not getting to see Digweed or Sasha, and having to miss Maceo in favour of Carl Cox, but that's hardly a problem!

Or keep partying on aka stay alive for Hyte or Paradise on Wednesday lol. Yeah I'll be doing the Sunday- Tuesday myself and I need some gap days myself to finally recover and see Formentera as well

View attachment 2381

:rolleyes: fckng hell ... i need THAT t-shirt ;)

please someone take a look in both space-shops tonight.
need this t-shirt in black and max. available size
(they don´t have bigger than xl or xxl anyway).

at space-opening and at "spaceonsundays" they didn´t have it ...
so maybe only at coxy´s night available ?!?

opening party last night - discoteca rammed (no surprise), terraza busy but not packed. was only in the club for one hour so got the tail end of luciano (which could have been much worse, thought it was pretty decent actually) and then of course seeing coxy start. man that was emotional and when he came on the place exploded.

first time I got that sentimental feeling I'll have lots of times this summer (and thousands of others will I am sure), realising it really is an era that will end at the end of the season. I understand that people might be taken aback of going to coxy because yes the discoteca will be very busy all season, but let's be honest, if you go you're experiencing a piece of clubbing history this summer. don't let that slip.

The thing I like was that in the terraza they didn't have it sectioned off for VIP this year.

It was free access for all. Well impressed.

We stayed until 6.15. Was busy as usual but I have done mostly Closings and defo not as busy as them.

As Stivi says get down there at some point if you never have been. You will defo regret it one day.

Reactions: ric
is that platform-thing behind the dj-booth in the discoteca always open for everybody respectively was it accessible when coxy was on last night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back