Carl Cox @ Space 2016 - His Last Year Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the one in the main room is defo for VIP table bookers and friends. I got within 1/2 a metre of Pepe but didn't get to shake his hand damn it.

They had blue wristbands on last night.

However the place in the terrace was no VIP this year. First time in 5 years I have seen that.

Also Coxy didn't do his usual revolution introduction this time either just straight into the tunes from 3.30.

opening party last night - discoteca rammed (no surprise), terraza busy but not packed. was only in the club for one hour so got the tail end of luciano (which could have been much worse, thought it was pretty decent actually) and then of course seeing coxy start. man that was emotional and when he came on the place exploded.

first time I got that sentimental feeling I'll have lots of times this summer (and thousands of others will I am sure), realising it really is an era that will end at the end of the season. I understand that people might be taken aback of going to coxy because yes the discoteca will be very busy all season, but let's be honest, if you go you're experiencing a piece of clubbing history this summer. don't let that slip.
You seem to don't like Luciano at all , could i ask you why if i'm not to indiscreet? I used to love him when he was playing dc10 back in the days and now i not anymore into his sound because of his looping things, imo he was much better when he was playing vinyl but would like to Heard someone from the industrie ...

You seem to don't like Luciano at all , could i ask you why if i'm not to indiscreet? I used to love him when he was playing dc10 back in the days and now i not anymore into his sound because of his looping things, imo he was much better when he was playing vinyl but would like to Heard someone from the industrie ...

I am the same as you. I loved luciano in his dc10 days (say 2006-2008), he really was one of my favourite DJs in that era, I totally adored it when he used to close the terrace with chymera's arabesque. but he's changed so much since then musically (in my opinion) and obviously my taste also has changed somewhat in the last few years so nowadays he's just not my cup of tea anymore. but as I said, he did an OK job at coxy opening so I thought I'd mention it. the stuff I post is always a personal view of mine so I totally understand if people don't agree on what I say. that's what makes life interesting :)

I am the same as you. I loved luciano in his dc10 days (say 2006-2008), he really was one of my favourite DJs in that era, I totally adored it when he used to close the terrace with chymera's arabesque. but he's changed so much since then musically (in my opinion) and obviously my taste also has changed somewhat in the last few years so nowadays he's just not my cup of tea anymore. but as I said, he did an OK job at coxy opening so I thought I'd mention it. the stuff I post is always a personal view of mine so I totally understand if people don't agree on what I say. that's what makes life interesting :)

I'm very tempted to go to his Paradise date (6th July) be interesting to see what he plays

When Carl Cox came on at 3:30 it was far too busy and hot for my liking so only managed half an hour, there was plenty of space in the other room where matthias tanzmann was playing so stayed in there all night.

Off subject but DC10 the night previous was perfect in regards to numbers which was a pleasant surprise, you could move around the terrace at ease

When Carl Cox came on at 3:30 it was far too busy and hot for my liking so only managed half an hour, there was plenty of space in the other room where matthias tanzmann was playing so stayed in there all night.

Off subject but DC10 the night previous was perfect in regards to numbers which was a pleasant surprise, you could move around the terrace at ease

the first hour when coxy comes on is ALWAYS packed. was the case over the last 8 years or so and certainly won't change this summer. from about 5am onwards it gets better.

have also mentioned this before, but circoloco in june is nowadays a pretty comfy thing compared to peak season (or june in years gone past).

When Cox got on stage I was as far as the sound booth, after a little while I worked my way around and ended up pretty close to the front. I was there for the rest of the set. I've seen Coxy at other 4 or so events but this one felt truly special. I was expecting more out of Luciano but I have nothing bad to say. Cristian Valero (if thats his name) was total fire.

I also went to DC10 the night before, and as you guys mentioned moving around wasn't all that hard. Certainly a lot easier than going in lets say late July. I have to say though, not the best Martinez brothers set I've seen.

Still not enough party people on the island yet. July, August, Closing party... forget about it

Agreed but I have been numerous times in June and DC10 is always unbearable.

Another point why is the island busiet in July or August? I would have thought the majority would want to go when the flights are cheaper (June or September).

Agreed but I have been numerous times in June and DC10 is always unbearable.

Another point why is the island busiet in July or August? I would have thought the majority would want to go when the flights are cheaper (June or September).

If you think June is unbearable don't go when it really is busy!

Because it's high season, most people go on holiday in July, August.

june isn't the 'best' season for lots of people because a lot of parties aren't even running yet. and lots of people just don't take their holidays in june for traditional reasons - in their countries summer holidays have always been in july/august.

besides the 2 shops in space - has carl cox an extra sales booth for his stuff on tuesdays ??

besides the 2 shops in space - has carl cox an extra sales booth for his stuff on tuesdays ??

ah I wanted to post the other day, I went to see if I can find that t-shirt you were talking about but didn't see it anywhere I'm afraid

ah I wanted to post the other day, I went to see if I can find that t-shirt you were talking about but didn't see it anywhere I'm afraid
thank you :cool: ... even the big shop in the airport (CLUBIBIZA) which has a really good selection of franchise-stuff from most clubs - often better than the clubs own stores -
didn´t have it. so probably a special edition for the master himself ... that "normal" stuff wouldn´t fit him anyway ;)

What are the chances of some sorta after party after the closing this year?? I know with all the politics in Ibiza regarding outdoor parties its hard but for Carls last ever Tuesday at Space surely an exception could be made somewhere? Maybe even something at Cova Santa. Also whatever happened to the funk n soul thing he used to do? Did that die when Sands closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back