Carl Cox Invites @ DC10 2022 - Reviews & Reports

It was really good, music was some of the best I've heard this year. If I closed my eyes I could almost imagine I was at Carl Cox at Space again. Also can't say I noticed the music being noticably quieter, sound was fine.

The only downside was how rammed it was, made me wish the party was somewhere else. But otherwise had such a good time I could forgive how busy it was. My friends didn't feel the same though so I couldn't stay as long as I would have hoped.

Yes it was a great night felt like everybody was really up for it. Had many chats with random people and met at least 3 groups who had flued in just for this night. Music was also good maybe not 5/5 but close, went home at 4 so cant say anything about the last hours. I think it was perfectly busy I seen the terrace much worse.

Not yet, but I am sure @grego will let us know nearer the time if we ask nicely. My guess would be 1-4 or 2-4, not sure if he has a 2 or 3 hour set.

I'd also say 1-4am. dc opens at 11 on tuesdays so 2hrs for squire, then 3hrs for diggers and then coxy til close.

Well! Where do I start? Still feeling slightly fragile so hopefully this mini Cox Closing Party review makes sense.

Genuinely the best night I’ve had in DC10 in years (including obviously pre pandemic).

We arrived about 23:45, Terrace was still quite quiet for Squire, but it sounded good. Went into the Main Room for Coxy’s live set and as expected he was smashing it already. Pretty busy even this early. I actually don’t catch him that much, but best set I’ve heard from him since Space’s last season.

Started to really fill up around 1am with outside area getting busy too. We went onto the Terrace just before Digweed started. It’s no secret I love him, but this was not a typical Digweed set. This was Digweed having the courtesy to get the crowd ready for the guy whose night it was, and wow did he. Only once before have I heard a full-on Techno set from him, and as with Digweed he made it as precise as ever. Was amazing to see the Terrace absolutely going for it, and the energy was amazing.

Popped outside for a break before Coxy was due on, and the outside area was rammed. Gutted I gave my space up, as was literally 10 deep at the door trying to get in.

Stayed outside for a bit just enjoying it by the door, and then managed to get back in for Coxy. Again playing very well, though as good as it was I actually preferred the Live set from earlier, but probably just me.

Flagged about 6am so called it a night as lots on this week.

Amazing night overall, and hopefully Cox keeps this night next season. Personally I prefer him here as opposed to Privilege.

Back