Carl Cox Invites @ DC10 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Nothing at all on social media for the Carl Cox party! Did anyone go?
Yes. Didn't stay late enough for Coxy (weekly team meeting Wednesday morning 🤢 ).

Numbers wise, nowhere near Circoloco levels of rammed and it was a slow build - obviously people were going for the main man and knew he'd be playing later. Terrace was busy but there was space. Predictably, the main room was much more sparse and the later it went, the quieter it got. Next week the line-up has a lot more star quality aside from Cox (Bug, Digweed, KiNK), so I guess it will be busier, but certainly from last night no indication it will get to uncomfortable levels

Musically it was quite hard across both rooms. Digital Africa had some sound issues. DJ Vibe played some nice stuff

I enjoyed dancing on the terrace and actually being able to dance as opposed to being ricocheted from shoulder to shoulder and being able to feel the aircon

Lots of tequila shots. Home and bed by 04:00, but still suffering now

Last edited:
Yes. Didn't stay late enough for Coxy. Numbers wise, nowhere near Circoloco levels of rammed and it was a slow build - obviously people were going for the main man and knew he'd be playing later. Terrace was busy but there was space. Predictably, the main room was much more sparse and the later it went, the quieter it got. Next week the line-up has a lot more star quality aside from Cox (Bug, Digweed, KiNK), so I guess it will be busier, but certainly from last night no indication it will get to uncomfortable levels

Musically it was quite hard across both rooms. Digital Africa had some sound issues

Sounds amazing. Early July, so suppose could get crazy busy into August.

Be interesting next week - Coxy Live set in Main Room, and then on the Terrace - My guess is the Live set will be early doors, which could mean the Terrace is perfect for Digweed and Bug.

Last edited:
Yes. Didn't stay late enough for Coxy (weekly team meeting Wednesday morning 🤢 ).

Numbers wise, nowhere near Circoloco levels of rammed and it was a slow build - obviously people were going for the main man and knew he'd be playing later. Terrace was busy but there was space. Predictably, the main room was much more sparse and the later it went, the quieter it got. Next week the line-up has a lot more star quality aside from Cox (Bug, Digweed, KiNK), so I guess it will be busier, but certainly from last night no indication it will get to uncomfortable levels

Musically it was quite hard across both rooms. Digital Africa had some sound issues. DJ Vibe played some nice stuff

I enjoyed dancing on the terrace and actually being able to dance as opposed to being ricocheted from shoulder to shoulder and being able to feel the aircon

DJ Vibe is always good 😎

It seemed like Carl Cox and his team created their own videos and didn't want any one else creating them.

Dc10 socials and co. didn't create a thing from yesterday

Seen a canny few vids on my Snapchat this morning, looked ok what seen through the rambling messes attached to the snaps 😱 although they should of taken next weeks line up and planted it on this weeks as if they want to stand a chance of a busy month they should of laid the opening down properly

Even if last night was a dud - you know he’s going to smash it once he gets a feel for the place. So much respect for CC.

Next week the line-up has a lot more star quality aside from Cox (Bug, Digweed, KiNK), so I guess it will be busier, but certainly from last night no indication it will get to uncomfortable levels
Be interesting next week - Coxy Live set in Main Room, and then on the Terrace - My guess is the Live set will be early doors, which could mean the Terrace is perfect for Digweed and Bug.

I'll be there on Tuesday gents - say hello if you see me, i'll be the one in the Mexican sombrero with moustache sunglasses

I would think the same, however, what I think might be interesting, and help spread the crowd a bit better is if he did it the other way around - DJ set earlier and then live show to close. Announce that on socials and then you get an earlier crowd and a much better room split imo

I was there this week. The music in both rooms was very good but the main room was practically empty all night, which was a real shame for all the performers. The music was great in there - Christopher Coe in particular - but I wonder whether many people didn’t realise it was live as you couldn’t see all of the equipment in the booth?!

It was nice to be in dc10 without being completely crushed though. That said - we left not long after Cox came on as it was impossible to get back in to the terrace at that point!

Pretty sure you left way after 4am hahah. Come back for more shots soon!! ;-)

agree with most of what you say, but it seems unavoidable on these forums to escape the "how busy was it" debate. Often this seems to be more important than whether the music or party was good itself, or how the crowd was and the atmosphere. For the record, I've been to many events myself that I consider legendary, regardless of how many people were there. Sometimes, a smaller crowd made it more special; other times, being in the midst of a packed club and the energy that created, made for something equally as special. Even at the most packed events, you'll find most people there having the time of their life and not bothered by how crowded it might be. I know for a fact personally, it was 100% to do with me and my expectations / feelings, whenever I didn't enjoy being in the mixer.

As busy as DC10 can get and as widespread as it is known, the club still sits outside how most of the others operate. No posters, no flyers, no tickets on the street. Everyone is welcome but you have to make a bit of effort at least if you want to go. Given the number of times I've seen an almost motionless dance floor of punters at many big events this summer, surely it's better to avoid diluting the crowd / atmosphere just for the sake of numbers. One of the most worrying trends I've seen this year is the amount of people in clubs who simply just aren't clubbers in any sense of the word. Ibiza is built on attracting new potential customers to experience the magic it has to offer, but there is a big difference between a kid on a package holiday having the time of their life, compared to a group of guys in chinos and polo shirts wandering around a club like it's a tourist attraction.

regarding the live, it's a big challenge and unprecedented to do something like this here, but things evolve and new things have to be tried.

hopefully see you again in the Tuesdays to come mate.

N.B. for context , I'm running Tuesdays at dc10. Hope to see some spotlighters there this summer. The chupitos are on me!

I was there this week. The music in both rooms was very good but the main room was practically empty all night, which was a real shame for all the performers. The music was great in there - Christopher Coe in particular - but I wonder whether many people didn’t realise it was live as you couldn’t see all of the equipment in the booth?!

It was nice to be in dc10 without being completely crushed though. That said - we left not long after Cox came on as it was impossible to get back in to the terrace at that point!
Yes, you're right and we've already taken this on board and will be looking to change the dynamic of the room so it's more obvious that it's a live set and something different.

Hope you had a good night

Sounds amazing. Early July, so suppose could get crazy busy into August.

Yes, Carl will play early on in the main room followed by Kink, then on the terrace, will play the last set as always.

Back