Carl Cox Invites @ DC10 2022 - Reviews & Reports

I'll be there on Tuesday gents - say hello if you see me, i'll be the one in the Mexican sombrero with moustache sunglasses
I'll look out for you. Some free drinks on me if you're actually in the full gear.

and chupitos anyway if you manage to spot me somewhere and tell me you're the guy who was meant to be wearing a Mexican sombrero.

Did you go? Or what you see from the clip?
The same questions I was gonna ask.

it amazes me that anyone could form an opinion about an event, whether sport, or music or theatre or anything else, without actually being there.

Not to mention that music taste is subjective anyway, so if one person thinks it's not amazing, that doesn't mean everyone else there felt the same way!!

Yes, you're right and we've already taken this on board and will be looking to change the dynamic of the room so it's more obvious that it's a live set and something different.

Hope you had a good night
We had a great night, thanks. Wishing you all the best with it for the rest of the season!

It seemed like Carl Cox and his team created their own videos and didn't want any one else creating them.

Dc10 socials and co. didn't create a thing from yesterday
Not sure what you mean by this and sorry to disappoint a few of the comments here, but we didn't honestly focus too much on social media and coverage and video clips for the opening, as we wanted to make sure the event went well and the right people were there and everyone had a good time.

usually people are moaning about phones in clubs and filming and not being in the moment, yet then seem annoyed or think badly when that exact thing doesn't happen.

Ahh I couldn't see any, I normally look on the instas for the promotors and the owner of dc10
We had a few this week but wasn't our main focus really. It was more important to make sure the music was right and we had a good crowd and everyone there enjoyed themselves. Honestly, I would always put that ahead of what type of social media clips we could get and where they were published.

For your info though, in the coming weeks, we'll be doing some real time clips and they'll go on carl's socials, dc10's and awesome sound wave, which is the label co-owned by Carl that is hosting the main room.

If you're able to come to Ibiza this summer, I'd love to invite you to the event and experience it in person and I'm sure you'd have a great time. If not possible in ibiza, then maybe to one of Carl's events that you're able to attend.

<3

good to hear!! are you still on the island or gonna be here again next 2 months ?
Sadly not! Got home on Thursday and I think that’s probably it for this year unless I can wangle something late September/early October 🙂

Hey @grego its great to have some input/comments/observations etc from somebody on the “inside” ! Keep up the good work mate 👍👊

Pretty sure you left way after 4am hahah. Come back for more shots soon!! ;-)

agree with most of what you say, but it seems unavoidable on these forums to escape the "how busy was it" debate. Often this seems to be more important than whether the music or party was good itself, or how the crowd was and the atmosphere. For the record, I've been to many events myself that I consider legendary, regardless of how many people were there. Sometimes, a smaller crowd made it more special; other times, being in the midst of a packed club and the energy that created, made for something equally as special. Even at the most packed events, you'll find most people there having the time of their life and not bothered by how crowded it might be. I know for a fact personally, it was 100% to do with me and my expectations / feelings, whenever I didn't enjoy being in the mixer.

As busy as DC10 can get and as widespread as it is known, the club still sits outside how most of the others operate. No posters, no flyers, no tickets on the street. Everyone is welcome but you have to make a bit of effort at least if you want to go. Given the number of times I've seen an almost motionless dance floor of punters at many big events this summer, surely it's better to avoid diluting the crowd / atmosphere just for the sake of numbers. One of the most worrying trends I've seen this year is the amount of people in clubs who simply just aren't clubbers in any sense of the word. Ibiza is built on attracting new potential customers to experience the magic it has to offer, but there is a big difference between a kid on a package holiday having the time of their life, compared to a group of guys in chinos and polo shirts wandering around a club like it's a tourist attraction.

regarding the live, it's a big challenge and unprecedented to do something like this here, but things evolve and new things have to be tried.

hopefully see you again in the Tuesdays to come mate.

N.B. for context , I'm running Tuesdays at dc10. Hope to see some spotlighters there this summer. The chupitos are on me!
I should be on free List thanks to a girl working for Carl promo team (if u Can help my best valuable spotlight mate from Bristol it would be handsome,italian Friend told me she had only one slot on her List only for me as i Was Trying to help one girl already in ibz last tuesday)
i won t say no to free chupitos me n other spotlight blokes 😎 that aug 9th (easy to spot me 🏴‍☠️)
Lot of mates contacts went even a girl met ibz 12 that got a selfie with Carl Screenshot_20220707-065510_1.jpg

Last edited:
Really need to pop my dc10 cherry and this could be the one July 26th. Out of interest, why don’t they open earlier and start in the garden for these Carl cox nights?

I'll look out for you. Some free drinks on me if you're actually in the full gear.

and chupitos anyway if you manage to spot me somewhere and tell me you're the guy who was meant to be wearing a Mexican sombrero.
Haha see you then!

agree with most of what you say, but it seems unavoidable on these forums to escape the "how busy was it" debate. Often this seems to be more important than whether the music or party was good itself, or how the crowd was and the atmosphere. For the record, I've been to many events myself that I consider legendary, regardless of how many people were there. Sometimes, a smaller crowd made it more special; other times, being in the midst of a packed club and the energy that created, made for something equally as special. Even at the most packed events, you'll find most people there having the time of their life and not bothered by how crowded it might be. I know for a fact personally, it was 100% to do with me and my expectations / feelings, whenever I didn't enjoy being in the mixer.

exactamente... forum’s weirdly obsessed with times, brands, production, popularity, marketing, salaries, social media beauty contests, in fact just about everything except the fcking music. time was when people wrote about records and drugs and freaks and trannies and gettng their minds blown out, all the escapist shit that supposedly drew us to all this in the first place.

Can honestly say last night was my best night in DC10 ever. They have really got their act together and it was comfortably busy throughout. Coxys live set as we walked in was perfect banging techno and the crowd were buzzing from the off. Moved into the terrace for Digweed who started slow but by the end was playing some really special tunes. Only stayed for an hour of Carls set on there as we were worried about taxi and it getting a bit too busy but it was perfectly fine all night! Only down side is Grego didnt find my mexican sombrero with moustache sunglasses for a free shot. But €6 for a water with straw is bang on. Anyone in 2 minds about going to this night should absolutely 100% do it!

Can honestly say last night was my best night in DC10 ever. They have really got their act together and it was comfortably busy throughout. Coxys live set as we walked in was perfect banging techno and the crowd were buzzing from the off. Moved into the terrace for Digweed who started slow but by the end was playing some really special tunes. Only stayed for an hour of Carls set on there as we were worried about taxi and it getting a bit too busy but it was perfectly fine all night! Only down side is Grego didnt find my mexican sombrero with moustache sunglasses for a free shot. But €6 for a water with straw is bang on. Anyone in 2 minds about going to this night should absolutely 100% do it!
Uggggh. The only night I REALLY wanted to go to and I miss it due to scheduling. Fomo all day

Back