*** Carl Cox 2013: The Party Unites ***

exactly my thoughts! when i seen the line ups i was praying loco dice would play the terrace!

However, his pulling power is now at epic levels and growing by the week as he gets an ever bigger following! The Terraza will be at breaking point with him on there....

yeah you're probably right, thankfully no carl cox which may mean discotecca is perfect if terraza is too busy

"... you are responsible for people´s happiness when you play music ..."

great interview with carl cox 2nite @ igr !

ultimahora-interview with CC:

"...
The name of Carl Cox (Manchester, 1962) has become one of the most recognizable of the extensive list of DJs who each summer assail nightclubs for convetir Eivissa Island a mecca for those who enjoy dance music, is linked in particular to the club of which he is resident for twelve years, Space, where every Tuesday develops its particular 'revolution'.

- You were one of the 'big' to come ... if not the first. How was your first contact with Ibiza?

- I arrived in '85 to enjoy the Island Good music, good food, and the clubs were the most interesting. Ku, Privilege now, it was something I wanted to see. A nightclub that had a pool, roofless, dancing under the stars, amazing! In England we had nothing like that. Amnesia, amazing, beautiful, all white. Angel's, Glory's, Pacha, of course, and of course, space. Everything was different, his eyes wide. Sound systems, the well-dressed, elegant. For me this was a great thing to see. Then it came to *****, and as a tourist I could understand the island better, before coming to put my music.

- You came almost to the house ...

- Yes, my friends, and was 86 or 87 - thought it'd bring the house to the island then was not heard about this style. It was more Europop, more danceable pop. I remember it well, they were Yellow, Asia, The Communards ... None of house, funk and soul ... And Paul Oakenfold, Danny Rampling and Trevor Fung decided they wanted to bring. It was a special music and you could tell something was up. Vi grow and grow this kind of music here. It was a time also clicked on Eden, Chaos, Summum, Ecstasy ... in Sant Antoni, and then to Angel's, perhaps the only club in the world which had a slide which people used while the track was packed ...

- A style to which you have remained faithful and to connect well with people.

- Exactly. I just play what I believe. My music has always been open to the public to connect. I skewer, and if you enter, either. If not, that's fine, but look elsewhere. I've always been able to get a good sound. It's something I've grown. I gave house parties for five and those five people, haunted ... And then, for two hundred, four hundred, a thousand, but publicly always understanding, always looking for what I have to put then a disc to the next, always making people connect with the music I'm making. With house, with electronic music, look and look very hard. I did always calling and asking, and going where you had to pay what it cost and disk I was looking for. I dunno, a song by Gary Numan you like and can not find ... Now you not, those days are over.

- Yes, now we are looking at Facebook and you ask them directly, right?

- Exactly! Hey, I'm your biggest fan! Ha ha! Now it's easy ... But I respect a lot to music. My passion to keep looking for new threads is very strong and I still do. We may not have the same feelings, but I still want to offer new music and still enjoy when I hear something fresh, new, want to use it. Ok, I'm in Space, put this at the beginning, the end, I keep it for next week, an original idea.

- You are someone who is always aware of the public's reaction. Do not are now some who are supposed to be putting a lot of the great distance between them and what happens on the dance floor?

- I always work hard to create the music for the moment. The discs are also thinking for the time, so if you want, the DJs do not have to think too much. The music will go up, go down, a little quieter, faster. It is intended to be so, but I still think it is necessary to work to create those moments and so I feel more fulfilled as a DJ, to the point that I still use CD players like dishes. I think that gives a lot more energy, more soul into a performance. To me, well, I like to play all kinds of things, and if something has differentiated me was that, this being pending.

- Also has a special relationship with Joseph Rossello, owner of Space. He says they look like family ...

- Comes at once, at first, I came to play at Space. Pepe has always been interested in the sound of dj. Who is this guy? asked one day. The sponsor always tells you you're great, and that's fine, but Pepe wanted to know why. So when he saw me, a young guy, black (laughs), not famous, but I could do people dance, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German, English, must have been impressed, because I play for everyone . I'm not an English disc jockey who plays for the English, that's too easy. He hears, and look, and thought, 'got something'. He saw something special in me. Even today do not know what I have, but what I have. I told him about me, my story, Barbados, where it came from my family, who came to Space to dance. And I said, one day you have to play at Space. And for me it was a dream to play at this club, because inside was a nightclub and was the terrace outside ...

- And how did that opportunity?

- Then came React Records, which had a party here, a Sunday, and Pepe heard me play and said 'we have to make this again dj play again'. He told James, React to ask me. Never asked me directly. Then one day we were talking at the bar and asked me how I felt. We had a great connection, without me to ask who I was, only that he would like to see me play a little more at the club. And he asked me if he could come to an opening. 'Sure, no problem, just tell me and I come'. And I went to play, and more and more people each time. My birthday, more people, full, full, and then asked me to do the deck for BBC Radio 1, Eddie Gordon, and it changed so that it was the terrace. I always had in mind how would my own parties. I asked them to change the placement of your speakers, which were oriented in the wrong way, also the cabin, which was next to the bar. Remove the wires, ... And Pepe: 'what are you doing to my deck?' The party was an incredible success.

- And since 2001 came as a resident.

- Yes That was 95 or 96. Then there were the We Love Sundays. I said I need to move the DJ booth, we moved from one place to another. The sound system was horrible, we change. Also that limparan bathrooms. And if you do everything, I agree. And when I came to play the first time, everything was correct. Great.

- And the relationship continues.

- We have always understood very well. And now a club terrace. So my relationship with Pepe is the best thing to have, because I want to work with Spanish, I will not be one of those Englishmen who come in and say it is because I know better than anyone, because the combination of ideas for Pepe and that I can give do we proceed. We do not agree on everything. When I drum and bass DJs in the nightclub, Pepe put his hands to his head. I would say, but if people are dancing! I hated that style. It was fun, but I wanted him to understand that he was a music club, not a single site of house, but anyway ...

- And for this year?

- We changed some djs team and we have taken a step forward in generational. We have opened the door to see new musicians. We have also improved production. We do it every year, yes, but this year we've gone a little further into the technical and people can see right away

- Does it mean that they feel safe with what they have achieved in recent years?

- Sure. It is important not to change so drastically. People like what we have created. If it is not broke, why fix it there.

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/noticias/cultura/carl-cox-solo-pongo-aquello-creo.html

Carl Cox & Marco Carola uffffffffff

The strong point will not wait, the Main Room Dj Booth at Space will receive two real icons of the music of the 21st century. Marco Carola is a techno-making machine, he wastes no time in building complex mathematical formulas or bucolic scenes, Marco goes to the point. Digging in his sound is note that Marco Carola started behind the drums, the forcefulness of his rhythms and always well marked compass, explain his references as percussionist. Beyond his technical and training, Marco Carola is a star which stands out with his own light in the techno world.

To close this special night, the host with the most captivating smile behind a mixer. If something like Carl Cox is beating himself, break the expectations, and "fight" with his colleagues in the DJ Booth with the healthy intention of progressing and being best DJ every day. And far from sowing controversy among other DJs, Carl gets all come into play, feel comfortable, and strive to build memorable sessions. His philosophy is based on the duty of the DJ to give everything, on the responsibility to thousands of people who have paid an entry, and the commitment not to betray a way of understanding music.

This Tuesday, July 23th, from 9 pm, don't miss even a second of everything that will happen at Space Ibiza, it will be a night to tell to your grandchildren.

CARL_Y_CAROLA_COLLAGE.jpg

Carl Cox at Space

We may go on Tuesday 20th but we only wanna see the headliners, what time do they start? what time does the club finish?

it really gets interesting from midnight-1am onwards and club closes at around 7am. coxy normally starts at 3-3:30am.

carl_cox_13_agosto.jpg

With no time to assimilate the success of the past weeks, Carl Cox invites you to a new edition of 'The Revolution', this Tuesday, August 13th from 9 pm at Space Ibiza. Starting at 9pm on the Sunset Terrace, Black Butter Records will showcase performances by Oneman and Brian Beezwax & Mr Bistow. Black Butter Records will also be hosting the Premier Etage, with performances by Gorgon City, Kidnap Kid and My Nu Leng. El Salón will present Speakerbox attended by Symphony, B Traits, Decibel and Bitr8. Once more, Kryoman will be in charge of the show and the animation. On the Space Ibiza Terrace we have a great line-up, with performances by Uto Karem, Nicole Moudaber, and Umek. Umberto Carmignani is the name hidden behind Uto Karem, one of the rising values of the new Italian techno. He masterfully manages his own label, Agile Recordings, whose first reference was in collaboration with Rino Cerrone. Loose Records, Minitec Series or Minimouse Records are some of the labels Uto Karem has worked for. Nicole Moudaber is one of the leading ladies of house and techno rhythms, an unstoppable force that overcomes with each remix or reference that takes on multiple labels she collaborates. Umek is the perfect type of Dj to close a festival. His huge power is perfect to satisfy the crowds who, by the way, love him. His latest productions are focused on promoting and underpinning Earresistible Musick, where he is being introduced in more sophisticated sounds. In the main room the DJs will be Eats Everything, Deetron, and Carl Cox. Eats Everything (Daniel Pearce), the new incorporation on Elastic Records, is one of the few producers that have really exploded in the underground house scene. He has wasted no time finding his own style and made it very clear with 'Entrance Song', released under Catz N Dogz. The man behind the name of Deetron is the Swiss Sam Geiser. He started DJing in several clubs in Switzerland until becoming a resident of one of the most famous, the Trax Rohstofflager in Zurich, where he has been playing along with Jeff Mills, Robert Hood, Luke Slater, Surgeon and Steve Bicknell among others. Deetron became popular for his ability driving three turntables and moving between techno, house and Detroit's classic tunes. And to close the night, as every Tuesday, we will count on the most charismatic host of the White Island, our beloved Carl Cox, who needs no introduction. The best way to learn the secret of Carl Cox and his parties is by approaching one of them and live in first person the energy flowing from Cox in each performance. This Tuesday, August 13th from 9 pm at Space Ibiza, we wait for you to live once again a unique night with Carl Cox and his Revolution.

[h=2]Magda joins Carl Cox: The Revolution[/h]
carl_cox_magda_20_agosto_ok.jpg

Carl Cox:The Revolution is back at Space Ibiza this Tuesday, August 20th starting at 9 pm, the most important party of the decade returns on this occasion with big surprises and with a worldwide category cast of DJs. On the Sunset Terrace, at 9pm Future Disco presents performances from The Revenge, Sean Brisman, and DJ Callum after midnight. Future Disco will also be in charge of the Premiere Etage, with performances from Ian Blevins and Severino. El Salón presents Speakerbox with appearances from Mistajam, Yasmin, DJ Cable, and Bitr8. Once again the show and the animation with be done by Kryoman. On the Terrace we can expect the presence of Masters at Work and Nic Fanciulli. Nic Fanciulli is no longer one of the most emerging talents of the United Kingdom, in order to make it a reality. He started with music at 16 years old, working in a record shop and playing in clubs in his hometown where he got his first weekly residence at Class Club. He attended one of Carl Cox's sessions and the experience left a deep mark on him. With 19 years of age Fanciulli also created his own label, Portent Records. His style moves through different levels of house; a pinch of deep-techno rhythms alongside shockingly dark bases. Masters at Work ("Little Louie" Vega and Kenny "Dope") have been some of the authentic masters of electronic music for over more than a decade. The two New York natives have accumulated an overwhelming quantity of work, that include hundreds of original productions, remixes and parallel projects. Vega and Gonzales definitely mix everything that they can find, house, hip-hop, funk, disco, latina, africana, and jazz. It will be an authentic blast to be able to listen to their music and to enjoy their energy in the booth of the Terrace of Space Ibiza. Dyed Soundorom will open up the Club, this really young French DJ has gotten to place himself at the head of the most requested artists of Parisian clubs. He began to link himself to the night world as a promoter for the React parties and act in French lounges like Queen, Rex club and the after Kit Kat Forever du 287. His sound is a mix of deep house with bases of break soul accompanied by great vocalists. Here one of the most loved DJs in Ibiza, and the bluest eyes on the clubbing scene: Magda. Thanks to the support and help from Dan Bell and Claude Young, Magda became a DJ in 1996 and formed a part of DJs Women on Wax. Years later her sets started to have a strong minimal characteristic which lead to the invitation from Richie Hawtin at Epok, the New Year Party of 1999, which would suppose the beginning of a new stage in her career. Since then, her work has been intimately allied with Hawtin, traveling alongside him and other Mnus artists. Carl Cox will put an end to the night with one of his magical sets, full of rhythm and vibrations that will make the walls of Space Ibiza shake. The essence of Carl Cox doesn't only reside in his music, but in his smile, his body language, to the drops of sweat that emerge his forehead are all contagious. To live the experience of attending a Carl Cox session should be mandatory for whoever visits Ibiza. This Tuesday, August 20th be sure to attend Carl Cox: The Revolution, starting at 9pm at Space Ibiza.

Can someone confirm whether Carl Cox will actually be playing on Tuesday 3rd September? I cant see him on the lineup for that evening? Thanks a lot!

Back