Car hire

Can anyone recommend a hire company I can pre book with? Only looking for one day if it doesn't cost too much. I don't have a credit card and don't intend on getting one. There are so many sites out there offering deals, I don't want to book one and end up paying £100s once I collect the thing lol

it works fine with doyouspain u just pay 70€ when taking the car, they pay u back 40€ after a few days home, for oil if u tell them u are in for full/full tank policy (at least 3days renting for this policy)

they ask u for addon insurance

_sorry ,not in, give the keys car straight away , i got a party right now :lol:

Price are not the same in july august, its x 6/7

Last edited:
Last years hire car was from Moto luis booked through spotlight. Delivered to the airport. Full to full fuel policy. No charge for second driver. Great service would definitely recommend them.

Always recommend Moto Luis. Got a cheaper deal one year with a major supplier but got conned by the classic fuel-tank scam.

Did a credit card chargeback and they kicked off saying I still owed them money. Just ignored it and will never use them again.

Back with Moto Luis this year, can't fault them.

Interested to see how the deal the OP posted works out. Obviously hoping it works out fine, but I'd be keeping a very close eye on the credit card account for a few weeks after the rental.

we hired a nissan quashqai from record, we were very happy with that ride and the price, about 240 Euros for 10 days, the queue for the pick-up was dayum long, the spanish guy on the desk useless, but a lady later was very helpfull, what i really hate is that they never put in any frontwindow wash liquid.

I booked a car yesterday for 14 days on doyouspain and the cost for the whole 14 days...

€1.60

(Ok it was actually €83 after adding premium insurance cover) but i still couldn’t believe it:lol:

Make sure you have a credit card
Even with a credit card RECORD GO scam me 230€ :mad: claimin my card was not a credit card ,forcing u to take full insurance that doestn require a credit card :confused: even written on it ( their manager didnt want to recognize my card as a credit card, the 2nd day,add old car replacement 30000 km ) :rolleyes:
ive read other scam such paying 50€ on odrer to be on a queue with les waiting :rolleyes:

still no feedback from my mail, avoid them at any cost unless willing to loose money :D

Have a look on trustpilot.com about feedback about ur renting car ull see all scam they may do to you

i hope Goldcar is more honnest as ive already ask one staff the day i left ibz aug 7th if my card is a credit card and she answer, yes its a CREDIT CARD, its written on it

ive subscribe 130€ the extra full insurance in order that they cant trick me again as ill already have the full insurance , ive already rent with Goldar 10 times, little scam was little scratch or money forgotten in safe place they kept on their pocket, they already warn be for the credit card opening 18, i pay full insurance 80€ for 4 days, and changed my card into Debit+Credit since, it doesnt prevent me from beeing scammed july/aug 18 :(

Last edited:
??

I know about the hefty deposit and i know they will try find the slightest mark on the car on return to charge you but apart from that...
Just get your excess insurance before you go and you’ll be fine. Think the comparison site for it is moneymaxim.com. I paid £12.50 to cover me for a week

??

I know about the hefty deposit and i know they will try find the slightest mark on the car on return to charge you but apart from that...
The dys insurance is a scam

You buy it but they won’t let you take the car unless you block 1100E on a cc

So what the ping of paying dys insurance

Best to hire car on dys and use the hire computer insurance
It’s costly but the best

The dys insurance is a scam

You buy it but they won’t let you take the car unless you block 1100E on a cc

So what the ping of paying dys insurance

Best to hire car on dys and use the hire computer insurance
It’s costly but the best
The block is only until the car goes back, then if you get billed for anything, you claim it back from the insurance. Provided you have a big enough credit limit on the card that they do the block on, not a problem

We hired a wrangler jeep for a few days from MotoLuis, and just to echo what has already been said here I think they were spot on.

I saw a discount code on spotlights Instagram page and decided to make full use of it, so I could book it up before I arrived on the island. Good to know it was all sorted beforehand.

Took the extra insurance policy. When we collected you had the option of a cash or credit card deposit of €100.

Just as well, as when I was out about I scraped the wheel arches on one side on the way up to Port San Miguel.

Thought I’d definitely lose the deposit, but after a quick look at the damage motoluis said it was no problem. Got the deposit back. Result.

Also, had a few downpours trough the night and the jeep was absolutely filthy inside!

They weren’t bothered either, just said they were used to that dusty dirty rain in Ibiza lol.

Would use Motoluis again definitely.

Back