Car hire

Moondust

Thought i would share this for anyone looking at renting a car in ibiza around July/August time.

No idea why it is so cheap but managed to book a car for just over £8 for 6 days with doyouspain.com

car hire.JPG

I've used Class before, they were good apart from having to wait 45 minutes for a minibus at Ibiza airport. Think the driver was having a nap somewhere as when he arrived, he looked like he'd just woke up!

Class do a airport pick up and drop off which is worth considering. Its sitting in the short stay when you land with the keys under the mat. Nice and simple.

Thats some price for peak season. It must just have the two wheels you see in the photo and the other side is up on bricks. Either that or you've scooped a wonder deal!

I'd avoid DoYouSpain, its just an agent that links you to other companies and then its hard to resolve things 'if' it does go wrong. I'd stick to local companies like Class Rental, Moto Luis or Autos Mari etc.

Is there a minimum length of time that you need to have held a license for?

No but some companies want you to be over a certain age, and some want you to pay a surcharge if you are under 21 lets say...it can be quite an extra per day.

I am as sceptical as everyone else but i have been hiring cars on Ibiza through doyouspain for 10 years or more and never had a problem yet. The booking voucher and insurance documents arrived by e-mail as they always do :-

voucher.JPG

I'd avoid DoYouSpain, its just an agent that links you to other companies and then its hard to resolve things 'if' it does go wrong. I'd stick to local companies like Class Rental, Moto Luis or Autos Mari etc.

No but some companies want you to be over a certain age, and some want you to pay a surcharge if you are under 21 lets say...it can be quite an extra per day.
I'm 24, late bloomer on the roads hahaha!

I've rented with do you Spain twice before (albeit on the mainland) . Not a problem. As for the excess, the company offer you chance to reduce it to nil if you pay their insurance at the desk. Normally costs about €100 but I think it's worth it for the peace of mind.

I also ran the exact same booking with the collection from the Airport rather than the port out of curiosity. The price for that was what i would normally expect it to be. For whatever reason the Port collection is the price i attached.

Im not doubting its a genuine transaction but whether the hire place honours it is another thing. Worth a punt i guess, but you may end up not having a car.

Back