Can Ashley Cole get more unpopular?

I didn't think it would be. :lol:

Level 42? :oops:

(I'm becoming more Dad like by the second.)

Though am confused as to why 'One more time' (Daft Punk) is generally accepted as passable.

That conversation wasn't actually imagined, Mark Knopler was shopping in a New York electrical store and by coincidence Dire Straits were being played, it was just when they were just getting famous.
I knew it was based on a real conversation he'd heard but figured he''d filled in the details himself.

But that's neither here nor there :lol:

I like some of both Dire Straits and Level 42. But I'm old...

MISSING WORD COMPETITION

dire straits
chris rea
chris straits
dire _ _ _

(chris rea is actually ace BTW and anyone who disagrees can do one)

I saw that this morning.

The author mis-characterized some of Mr A's business past (I even know exactly what hatchet piece of a Guardian article he based it on) but I thought that point entirely irrelevant.

More relevant was the part about JT using club resources and not being punished.

If Ashley were to be fined or punished some how (which, I should point out, no one from the club has ever said would happen), then you could say there's a double-standard at play.

I don't really fault Ashley for screwing around. That's his own personal problem no matter how hot and famous his wife is. BUT, using club resources to do it was over-the-line, in my personal opinion.

:lol::lol:

Road to Hell scared me when i was younger.
Always liked that tune. :lol:

Chris Rea is one of those artists who has songs I've heard on the radio and liked but just never got around to listening to one of his albums.

Weird fact: He's quite popular in Russia... probably more so than in the US.

Always liked that tune. :lol:

Chris Rea is one of those artists who has songs I've heard on the radio and liked but just never got around to listening to one of his albums.

Weird fact: He's quite popular in Russia... probably more so than in the US.

seriously his music is so soothing when you're freaking out in the car or something because someone narrowly didn't kill you and then you stick josephine on and yeah all is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAlww9hl4E

American's are equally celeb obsessed and even more keen to buy into sensationalism.

So true. The American obsession with celebrity is far worse than the UK's, the 'paps' over there are far worse. Why follow Tiger Wood's nanny taking his kids to school FFS :rolleyes:

Dire Straits were being played, it was just when they were just getting famous.

A good friend of our family ( a liverpool DJ) was a huge reason why Dire straits hit the big time, he was playing their music and promoting them way before they were big. Mark Knopfler had a eulogy read out at his funeral last year thanking him. Apparently top blokes the lot of them.

(chris rea is actually ace BTW and anyone who disagrees can do one)

I grew up listening to Chris Rea, his Road to hell album is 8), I've had about 5 copies over the years.

To be honest, I find the British attitude towards all this amusing, frightening and sad (present company excluded, of course ;))

You pay some of these guys a few million pounds a year to play a sport and, as a result, feel entitled to know the details of their personal lives? Then you vilify them for doing things that, statistically, a large number of non-rich people are out doing every day.

As if some 20-something kids from disadvantaged backgrounds with little education and, in many cases, little intellect who have suddenly struck it rich are supposed to instantly have the best judgment on earth!

In the States, they pay top athletes twice as much (with a lower tax rate) and no one begrudges them their earnings, unlike in England with the constant talk of those evil "overpaid" footballers. No one knows/cares about athletes private lives... until they crash their car into a tree with a golf club hanging out the window.

But I suppose there is a cultural difference there in which we tend to celebrate financial success whereas in England you do seem to love to vilify it. You're like those guys in the imagined conversation of Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing" :lol:

It's class thing I'm half convinced. Damn those kids from council estates earning millions.

No one has a pop at actors, musicians ec for earning a fortune. Or QC's charging 5 grand an hour.

Btw does anyone know are footballers contracts actually quoted in X per week - or if that just putting it into language we better comprehend at home & it's actually yearly?

Biffa has surely got to leave him now :spank:

That Toni really cant have much dignity left, but having no specific career of her own she's probably stayed with JT for the fame and lifestyle. Whereas Biffa has her own career and money so she realy should kick Ashley into touch. And then come here to be consoled the Liam way ;)

:lol::lol::lol: I thought I was the only one who used that name for her :lol::lol::lol:

Btw does anyone know are footballers contracts actually quoted in X per week - or if that just putting it into language we better comprehend at home & it's actually yearly?

Dont know about contracts, but here is an example of a wage slip, non other than an ex red :lol: 55k in one week to the tax man :eek:

3863d1193834229-john-arne-riise-wage-slip-dsc00222.jpg

I believe they're quoted in annualized salaries in the contracts. So, yes, trying to make it easier for you folks to understand.
(edit: but they also have all kinds of extras built in)

In the US, we tend to think in annual salaries while here in Russia they quote monthly and you wacky Brits do weekly. Hard to keep it all straight in my head :lol:

Back