Burning Man

5 weeks to go for 2010- Burning Man "Metropolis"

Anyone coming from overseas for the event this year??

I just had a bit of UK rainy Sunday morning inspiration.....
Booked a flight to Vegas, a 4WD and a ticket for Burning Man.
Preparation Zero.
Going to fill the car with water, booze and a few bags of crisps and see what happens.
Anyone else going?

ha ha...unfortunately, Burning Man is not something you can plan at the last minute! Especially coming from overseas......

I'd decide at least 4 months before the start of the event, to give yourself a fair chance. Otherwise, you run out of time to get the stuff together that you'll need! If you're still going, let me know if I can be of any assistance in getting you prepared!!

Mike

oooops.....

Preparation Zero.
Going to fill the car with water, booze and a few bags of crisps and see what happens.
Anyone else going?

lol good on you...i would love to be going this year but dont have the hols in work so will be there next year, where you hiring the 4wd from and how much is it costing you? you taking a tent?

Preparation Zero.
Anyone else going?

Good for you. You will love it... Have alot of friends who go out every year and say it is amazing, so enjoy!

Got the 4wd from Vegas airport....just some Ford SUV thing. £200 for 9 days. Don't think I am going to bother with a tent....maybe just peg a big tarp over the car and sleep in the back.
Just buy a couple of lilos one on the roof as insulation and one to sleep on....
And Bob's your father's brother....

Got the 4wd from Vegas airport....just some Ford SUV thing. £200 for 9 days. Don't think I am going to bother with a tent....maybe just peg a big tarp over the car and sleep in the back.
Just buy a couple of lilos one on the roof as insulation and one to sleep on....

cant fault it:)

I've seen a few people doing the SUV thing with a tarp , you will get a lot of dust in the vehicle so you probably should store all your clean clothes and stuff in zip up bags

Also get a big cool box from Wal-Mart that you can keep your drinks in and you can buy ice at the festival to top it up
And get a cheap bike ($70) as well you will need one for getting about, it's a bit of a trek from one side of the site to the other

Check out the first timers guide and survival guide on the BM website , lots of useful information on there

I-Spy....AWESOME mate! You're in for a hell of a good time! My name is Mike....I live in Reno, Nevada.....the last major town before you get to the festival. Please contact me if you need any help with getting ready and I can tell you what you'll need! Also, if you need some cool people just to meet up with and party, you are welcome to come hang out at our camp! There are about 85 of us.....we have a big Mutant Vehicle (Art Car) to drive around out there and love to have a good time! I PM'ed you with some contact information! Hope to meet up on your trip to the US! If I don't see you, have a fantastic time at the event and I hope to hear an update of what you thought when you return home!

M

Hey Stephen-

Awesome buddy! Glad you're coming! I PM'ed you with some contact info.....definitely stop by, would love to meet you mate! When you getting to the US? You can always grab a place to crash in Reno with me until you go out if you need a bed for the night... I leave Monday morning early for the playa, but if you need anything before I head out let me know!

Safe travels bud...see you soon!

Mikey

t584880850_468872120850_1454.jpg

Wow....That was fun

David-

Super glad you made it and camped with us! Everybody said how much they liked you, and I am glad you had a great time while you were there! It was QUITE crazy huh? Hope to see you next year for sure....or sooner if I make it back to Ibiza. Have your email address and will certainly keep in touch!

Mikey

Ferd-

Excellent....I'm a huge Desyn Masiello fan as well! Excellent set out in the desert! My dream is to see Sander Kleinenberg out there, and then I will have seen everyone who I care to see out there (except Hernan....I heard he was there one year and I missed him!)

Anyhow, stumbled across these videos on YouTube from this year. The first is a Sharam production and has 3 different parts you can play. The second is a video done by the guys who did "My Playa Adventure" that I posted in September 2009. Anyhow....hope you enjoy everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwZ-IifCJA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7206sXRJWvc

Happy New Year Everyone

Just wanted to let everyone know that Burning Man tickets for 2011 went on sale today for everyone and anyone who is interested! Hope everyone is enjoying their New Year....and hope to see you in the desert!

Mikey :D

Back