bugged out weekender jan 2013

I liked a couple of the Jessie Ware singles but some of the album comes rather too close to diva warbling (a la Whitney or Mariah). I remember Disclosure's name in relation to her now you mention it - production team or remixer or something...?
yeah check the jess ware - running (disclosure remix).

i will dig out the timetable from last year...friday night music didn't start til abput 7/8, went until 6 (i think)

pool party was on the saturday, think started about 2/3ish (i think...music in the oehr areas started about 5/6...again, ran til 6

sunday, music in the 3 areas started a bit earlier as tthe closing time was maybe 1am or 2...can quite remember..

dont rememebr the swiming being open on the sunday, but the arcades / ten pen bowlign was on...remember man utd were playing someone (maybe arsenal) and the main bar being busy during the day on the sunday for that....i see the other pub will be open this eyar, as last eyar they were building another hotel and the sun & moon pub was shut as it was right next to the building works, the go karting wasn't on either...which ws probably a good move noting the state of some folk:p

Can't imagine go-karting being a good idea for our lot!
Do they put the set times up on-line beforehand or do you just find out when you get there?
Cheers

Can't imagine go-karting being a good idea for our lot!
Do they put the set times up on-line beforehand or do you just find out when you get there?
Cheers
I'm sure the set times came out a good few weeks before the event, also they gave out timetables for free at the event when you checked in.8)

i did think they missed a trick with that, as usally i would've expected to pay for a laminate/lanyard...also they didnt have any merchandise on sale which i thought was a bit daft...2500 people....souvenir t-shirt....easy money be had there.

yeah will be good for you if your ibiza crowd go as well, but mate, youll be fine anyway, crowd was really good last year, no hassles at all, just people out having a good time & your bound to meet loads of new people....plus you'll have the advantage that they are bound to understand what you're saying:p

We normally go to this sort of thing in small groups. There's no passengers then, it doesn't matter if one of the lads goes missing for hours, you know that there's nothing to worry about and they'll return with a hilarious story later on. We never find it hard and it's always fun to meet people, but it would be cool if our neighbours from Ibiza come down, they were quality.

A beer sounds good, I'm sure we'll all be tipping plenty of that down our necks that weekend. Shame it's months away, I only watched the video on the site earlier and it's got me excited already.

All booked and paid for 8)

Absolute pile of sh*t of a website. And if you're looking at booking a room, don't do it through the Butlins site. They haven't got the cheaper rooms available on their site, only the deluxe ones that I guess they're unlikely to sell. Pick 'Option 2' and take the 5 minutes to sign up with Crowdsurge if you're like us and are not bothered with paying through the nose for 'a bit of luxury'. All I need from a room is somewhere to stash my stuff, shower, and maybe get a bit of sleep.

Xmas hurry up and get out of the way this year, it's all about a cold weekend at the seaside in January :D

i did think they missed a trick with that, as usally i would've expected to pay for a laminate/lanyard...also they didnt have any merchandise on sale which i thought was a bit daft...2500 people....souvenir t-shirt....easy money be had there.

Damned if they do damned it they don't! Come on lets praise them for keeping the original acid house spirit alive by not trying to cash out at every opportunity :spank:

All booked and paid for 8)

Absolute pile of sh*t of a website. And if you're looking at booking a room, don't do it through the Butlins site. They haven't got the cheaper rooms available on their site, only the deluxe ones that I guess they're unlikely to sell. Pick 'Option 2' and take the 5 minutes to sign up with Crowdsurge if you're like us and are not bothered with paying through the nose for 'a bit of luxury'. All I need from a room is somewhere to stash my stuff, shower, and maybe get a bit of sleep.

Xmas hurry up and get out of the way this year, it's all about a cold weekend at the seaside in January :D
was actually surrpised how decent the weather was this year...but then it is all relative, and we were coming down from aberdeen / glasgow so positively tropical:p:p

seen it listed yesterday that chemical brothers are playing a dj set at the weekedner now as well...very nice booking8), which might also see me skip a proposed 2nd trip to WHP to see them in december to save ££££.

& ****, just realised i was meant to dig out the timetables from last year to post up....i will look into it,

Damned if they do damned it they don't! Come on lets praise them for keeping the original acid house spirit alive by not trying to cash out at every opportunity :spank:
agreed, was good touch with the timetables8)

my point about the tshirts / merch, was more, as it was the first one last year (well bar the one they done 10yrs ago in wales that nearly broke them), i figured the extra money they could've pulled in from selling out some tshirts might've helped fund them for another year at Bognor..+ 2000 people wandering about the UK with a bugged out weekender tshirt is good free publcity for the next one..help them build up the brand / spot in the festival calendar so to speak.....(number wise this year were, i'd say ok-ish, they mightv'e expected a bit more, im not sure, we certainyl got a free apartment upgrade, so spare occupancy was there (also last year they did sell day tickets, which this year i dont think they are doing:?:

to be honest i didnt think they really promoted it that well last year in the lead up too it, was a bit of a hidden gem...dunno how well it was promoted in london / manchester / liverpool (the traditional bugged out locations?)

i do reckon bognor regis butlins was probably quite easy for them to negotitaite with/get a good deal out of from what some of the locals were saying about the place...certainly not the bggest seaside destination in january is bognor regis!!:lol:

It's never going to be hugely in demand. It's really soon after Xmas and New Year, before most people's January payday, and the fact that Bognor is miles away from anywhere. I'm guessing and hoping that'll mean a decent crowd.

It doesn't look like there are day tickets, but I think it's good value. 3 nights of music and accom for £159 and with a lineup that good already - no brainer.

I'll love it if that rumour about Chemical Bros is true, where did you spot that?

It's never going to be hugely in demand. It's really soon after Xmas and New Year, before most people's January payday, and the fact that Bognor is miles away from anywhere. I'm guessing and hoping that'll mean a decent crowd.

It doesn't look like there are day tickets, but I think it's good value. 3 nights of music and accom for £159 and with a lineup that good already - no brainer.

I'll love it if that rumour about Chemical Bros is true, where did you spot that?

chems are 100% playing. but it is a DJ set - not a live chems show

was annoucned on facebook / twitter yesterday by bugged out & the chemicasl brothers.

got the bugged out email newsletter today with a big spread about the chem brotehrs playing also.

Hopefully there'll be just the right amount of people, you don't want it too rammed anyway. Should make January more appealing!

having two **** days at work, slightly easing my mood is the notion that bugged out is now less than 2months away!!!, and indeed 2months today will have seen us already enjoy the friday/saturday days/nights...seeking a 2nd wind for a big push for the final sunday no doubt come the time!!:)

I can't wait! We've recruited some more people which I'm pleased about. The 2 girls who had the apartment next to us in Ibiza have booked up, and the 3 others who we met up with out there are talking about it. Would be good to have the whole Ibiza '12 crew there for a weekend of partying, and I'm working on a couple of others. I bet the demand would be a lot bigger if it wasn't in January. I like that though, should make for a good crowd.

The only slight annoyance is that it looks like I may have to travel down from Barrow-in-Furness to get there, rather than the short drive from home. Never mind.

just booked my travel for this:p
think we've got 10 going now, meeting another 2 there.

looking forward to seeing Bicep, regret not going to see them in the sub club the other week...been lsitenign to their beats in space & boiler room mixes quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my holiday approved, 5 days off over that weekend for ruining myself and recovery. 6 weeks to go, I can't wait! More excited about Bugged Out than Xmas, New Year, and the 12 days off work.

Really wanna go so bad to this! But finding 3 ppl willing to part with that kinda cash January is proving tricky :(

Even offered to pay for my bro as part of his joint Xmas & B'day present, but he wasn't keen :cry: Suckage

Back