bugged out weekender jan 2013

TM78

http://buggedoutweekender.net/index.php/lineup

added more names today for next years weekender...its looking strong already, the one this year was excellent, we had a brilliant time, seriously considering coming back down again for it again.

ANDREW WEATHERALL & IVAN SMAGGHE
ANNIE MAC
BENGA – LIVE
BEN UFO
BLAWAN
BOYS NOIZE
BRODINSKI
DAN AVERY
DAVE CLARKE
DUSKY
EATS EVERYTHING
EROL ALKAN
FRANKIE KNUCKLES
GESAFFELSTEIN
HEIDI PRESENTS THE JACKATHON
MACEO PLEX
MAYA JANE COLES
SCUBA
SKREAM
THE TODDLA T SOUND

Just had a look at the line-up in the last 10 mins myself - defo on this and for my stag do!!! Don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds but a few mates went last year and said it was amazing plus I know how hard it is trying to get a group of more than 4 lads in anywhere at one time nowadays! This will solve all problems!

Few more added. I'm looking forward to having this to look forward to when everyone else is miserable with January blues and failed New Years resolutions. Should be a very tidy start to a mental 2013.

ANNIE MAC
BENGA – LIVE
BEN UFO
BICEP
BLAWAN
BOYS NOIZE
BRODINSKI
DANIEL AVERY
DAVE CLARKE
DISCLOSURE - LIVE
DUSKY
EATS EVERYTHING
EROL ALKAN
FAKE BLOOD
FRANKIE KNUCKLES
GESAFFELSTEIN
JACKMASTER
JOY ORBISON
JULIO BASHMORE
LOEFAH & MC CHUNKY
MACEO PLEX
MAYA JANE COLES
ONEMAN
REDLIGHT
SCUBA
SKREAM
THE TODDLA T SOUND

Few more added. I'm looking forward to having this to look forward to when everyone else is miserable with January blues and failed New Years resolutions. Should be a very tidy start to a mental 2013.

ANNIE MAC
BENGA – LIVE
BEN UFO
BICEP
BLAWAN
BOYS NOIZE
BRODINSKI
DANIEL AVERY
DAVE CLARKE
DISCLOSURE - LIVE
DUSKY
EATS EVERYTHING
EROL ALKAN
FAKE BLOOD
FRANKIE KNUCKLES
GESAFFELSTEIN
JACKMASTER
JOY ORBISON
JULIO BASHMORE
LOEFAH & MC CHUNKY
MACEO PLEX
MAYA JANE COLES
ONEMAN
REDLIGHT
SCUBA
SKREAM
THE TODDLA T SOUND
meant to say, we've ended up booking for this again, excited about the prospect, as its good to have this to look forward too in january. & we did have such a brilliant time this year.

another friend has booked the hotel for her & her boyfriend as his xmas present, so trying to keep the secret until then that they are going, & that a crowd of us are going as well8)

so ali bon tempi, jack, look out for some over 30's from scotland, no doubt raving & misbehaving if last years is anything to go on.:p

ali, think its a good move for a stag doo....we ran into a crowd from nottingham doing Melt festival / the techno train in germany for the guys stag....amazing time they were having, and as you say, removes a lot of hassle getting into places.

Will be on the look-out, all 30 somethings here too! The last time I did anything like this were the Tribal gatheirng weekenders in Southport in 2001 and 2002.

There could well be a group of over 30's with us too, one of the girls we met in Ibiza this year is on about trying to arrange a group of her mates to head down for it. Are there concessions for over 30s?! :lol: There will be at least 2 of us representing the mid-twenties!

Unmissable for us really as it's only 40 miles down the road, not sure how it slipped under the radar this year.

There could well be a group of over 30's with us too, one of the girls we met in Ibiza this year is on about trying to arrange a group of her mates to head down for it. Are there concessions for over 30s?! :lol: There will be at least 2 of us representing the mid-twenties!

Unmissable for us really as it's only 40 miles down the road, not sure how it slipped under the radar this year.
we were definitely some of the oldest one there last year, that and our accents did make us stand out a touch compared to the majority of south east england crowd...all good fun though.:lol:

i'm hoping the pool party goes a bit better this year, was about 10 people that turned up last year! (in the viewing gallery part where the djs were, and only about 4 of us were even dancing:lol:...we did also make school boy error on our arrival time for the music bingo on the sunday...

on my list to see:

BEN UFO
BICEP
BLAWAN
BOYS NOIZE
BRODINSKI
DANIEL AVERY
DAVE CLARKE
DISCLOSURE - LIVE
DUSKY
EATS EVERYTHING
EROL ALKAN
FRANKIE KNUCKLES
GESAFFELSTEIN
JACKMASTER
JOY ORBISON
JULIO BASHMORE
MACEO PLEX
MAYA JANE COLES
SCUBA
SKREAM

Some list that is! Really strong lineup so far and I bet there will be a load more. A few that I definitely want to see:

Boys Noize
Brodinski
Disclosure
Erol Alkan
Fake Blood
Maya Jane Coles

What sort of times was the music starting and finishing this year? Nothing on the website about it. I really like the idea of the whole thing though, a couple of thousand lunatics taking over a seaside resort in the middle of winter for a long weekend. I bet it raised some eyebrows when it was first suggested but I've heard from a few people that it was ace this year.

So how big are your groups? There'll be 13 of us in total with maybe a couple more to book up. I've got every intention on making the pool party but depends on what time it starts and how much the night before has taken out of me. Saying that I imagine the water and that could sort you out again! Looking forward to seeing this lot:

BEN UFO
BICEP
BOYS NOIZE
BRODINSKI
DAVE CLARKE
DISCLOSURE - LIVE
DUSKY
EATS EVERYTHING
EROL ALKAN
FRANKIE KNUCKLES
JACKMASTER
JULIO BASHMORE
MAYA JANE COLES

Some list that is! Really strong lineup so far and I bet there will be a load more. A few that I definitely want to see:

Boys Noize
Brodinski
Disclosure
Erol Alkan
Fake Blood
Maya Jane Coles

What sort of times was the music starting and finishing this year? Nothing on the website about it. I really like the idea of the whole thing though, a couple of thousand lunatics taking over a seaside resort in the middle of winter for a long weekend. I bet it raised some eyebrows when it was first suggested but I've heard from a few people that it was ace this year.
i will dig out the timetable from last year...friday night music didn't start til abput 7/8, went until 6 (i think)

pool party was on the saturday, think started about 2/3ish (i think...music in the oehr areas started about 5/6...again, ran til 6

sunday, music in the 3 areas started a bit earlier as tthe closing time was maybe 1am or 2...can quite remember..

dont rememebr the swiming being open on the sunday, but the arcades / ten pen bowlign was on...remember man utd were playing someone (maybe arsenal) and the main bar being busy during the day on the sunday for that....i see the other pub will be open this eyar, as last eyar they were building another hotel and the sun & moon pub was shut as it was right next to the building works, the go karting wasn't on either...which ws probably a good move noting the state of some folk:p

So how big are your groups? There'll be 13 of us in total with maybe a couple more to book up. I've got every intention on making the pool party but depends on what time it starts and how much the night before has taken out of me. Saying that I imagine the water and that could sort you out again! Looking forward to seeing this lot:

BEN UFO
BICEP
BOYS NOIZE
BRODINSKI
DAVE CLARKE
DISCLOSURE - LIVE
DUSKY
EATS EVERYTHING
EROL ALKAN
FRANKIE KNUCKLES
JACKMASTER
JULIO BASHMORE
MAYA JANE COLES
9 of us. 4 of us were there last eyar.

i didnt actually go in the water at the pool party, was just in the viewing bit upstairs dancing about:lol::lol:...did have the swim shorts on, had intentions of going in, was probably the bracing walk along the beach (the butlins is literally 5min walk from bognor beach)..was a bit chilly wanderign about and kinda put me off:p

Group size - 2 so far! I've come to realise that most of my friends aren't into the music scene enough to bother inviting. Good friends but they're just not on our level when it comes to partying. That's why we end up going to see our Manchester friends as often as we do, they're much more clued up.

It'll be good if the girls we met in Ibiza get a group together to join us. If not, it's not like the place is going to be short of people there for exactly the same thing.

Saw Disclosure piddling about on laptops before Hot Chip last Friday. Never heard of them before, but they were good and I must check out their stuff.

Saw Disclosure piddling about on laptops before Hot Chip last Friday. Never heard of them before, but they were good and I must check out their stuff.

They're getting a lot of publicity and it won't be long before they're a really big deal. Hope they know how to manage that. Just saw that they're playing a new venue in Southampton on Dec 1st so may check them out then. Meant to be very talented.

i think disclosure played bugged out weekender last year (maybe?, never seen them anyway), but i did see them support the 2 bears at the subclub in january...pretty good, seen them months later at Melt! in germany, they'd obviously grown a lot better in that time (bearing in mind how young they are), jessie ware came out at the end of their set and they played Running...was a total moment...8)

also funny to see the reaction to disclosure / jessie ware by the crowd in germany...think was both their debut shows in germany (pretty sure they said that)...was just all the british & irish making a big noise:)

i'ved high hopes for both disclosure 7 jessie ware int he future...think they will be worth catching at Bugged Out for sure.

I liked a couple of the Jessie Ware singles but some of the album comes rather too close to diva warbling (a la Whitney or Mariah). I remember Disclosure's name in relation to her now you mention it - production team or remixer or something...?

Group size - 2 so far! I've come to realise that most of my friends aren't into the music scene enough to bother inviting. Good friends but they're just not on our level when it comes to partying. That's why we end up going to see our Manchester friends as often as we do, they're much more clued up.

It'll be good if the girls we met in Ibiza get a group together to join us. If not, it's not like the place is going to be short of people there for exactly the same thing.
yeah will be good for you if your ibiza crowd go as well, but mate, youll be fine anyway, crowd was really good last year, no hassles at all, just people out having a good time & your bound to meet loads of new people....plus you'll have the advantage that they are bound to understand what you're saying:p...our (well my west of scotland / glasgow accent) seemed to stump quite a few people, especially after a couple days of partying...talking speed does increase:lol::lol:

drop me a pm near the time if you want as well, we can have a drink or something down there.

i will get the bugged out timetable from last year, and post the info as a guide when i get the chance.8)

Back