#Brexit

I think that's why when the thread came up, I decided to comment. No-one's had a good time of it, have they? Whilst it got spicy on this thread early on, if anyone who got sold on this said, "you know what? I got done," we'd have moved on a bit. Where the repair is, who knows, but at least we'd maybe get away from the division that our ruling elite are still relying on to cling to power.

Pretty much the only benefit I can find is that surely these charlatans could never pull of a con of this magnitude again?
I wanted to remain, I'll start with that. It's been a shit show with no positives for me.

However the area I live in voted heavily to leave, I don't think the mood has change much since.

The Labour (major opposition party) lead in the polls is so big, and if you add the Libdems and SNP (other parties) even bigger over the Tories that Starmer (opposition party leader) could now start to make moves towards the single market.
There will not be any exceptions from EU rules for the UK this time. The status quo pre-Brexit cannot be restored. The Brexit generation needs to die first, for this to become politically acceptable.

There will not be any exceptions from EU rules for the UK this time. The status quo pre-Brexit cannot be restored. The Brexit generation needs to die first, for this to become politically acceptable.
That's why I think the only option is the single market, we'll ahve to accept freedom of movement (thank goodness) but we won't have to join Schengen nor take the euro. Has to be said that a lot of anti-EU's prior to the referendum suggested we became like Norway, inside the SM/CU but outside the EU, maybe that should have been a third choice on the ballot. I think it would have won, easily.

Merc went into the garage 17th July, due to be returned 11th August, just called them and and date is now unknown due to hugely extended delivery times for parts....guess why the garage says?

Merc went into the garage 17th July, due to be returned 11th August, just called them and and date is now unknown due to hugely extended delivery times for parts....guess why the garage says?
I had exactly the same issue when buying my latest car. Stuck at port for weeks on end due to the same reason :rolleyes:

Brexit-related, we managed to sort a lot of the red tape out at last. The amount of unnecessary grief we were unnecessarily put through.
glad you got it sorted. starting to hear of more and more people getting their documentation. I think things are generally starting to move now that the paper pushers understand the system a bit better. It was like the blind leading the blind at the start

glad you got it sorted. starting to hear of more and more people getting their documentation. I think things are generally starting to move now that the paper pushers understand the system a bit better. It was like the blind leading the blind at the start
You try exporting anything with even trace amounts of animal product in it (including milk/eggs) from the UK to the EU. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ, it makes my head spin

Not a single discernible benefit has come from it. Not even the main protagonists talk it up any more do they. Neither of the main political parties willing to talk honestly about the detrimental impact it has had and will continue to have on the country (although I hope that quietly behind the scenes it'll get unpicked bit by bit).

I do get a degree of satisfaction reading about the brexit voters who now can't live in their second EU homes etc but it does nothing to offset the limitations it's placed on everyone as well as the costs.

In a few years time you won't be able to find anyone who'll admit to voting for it.

Not a single discernible benefit has come from it. Not even the main protagonists talk it up any more do they. Neither of the main political parties willing to talk honestly about the detrimental impact it has had and will continue to have on the country (although I hope that quietly behind the scenes it'll get unpicked bit by bit).

I do get a degree of satisfaction reading about the brexit voters who now can't live in their second EU homes etc but it does nothing to offset the limitations it's placed on everyone as well as the costs.

In a few years time you won't be able to find anyone who'll admit to voting for it.

word 🙏

I think the ETIAS when brought in will kill Brexit once and for all. Something that is Brexit related, can't be blamed on Ukraine, Covid or even jeremy Corbyn.

I'm staring at my passport wondering when it's elegibility runs out...ie it lasts over 10 years (there was an add-on) yet you have to arrive in Spain before ten years of the start is up, and leave three months before the official end, not stay for more than three months, and to top it off we will have to buy the ETIAS and match that with the length of the passport. Plus fingerprints, iris scans etc.

Brexiters claim it's OK because "we do that going to the US".

We're not going to the US once a year well planned in advance, we're going to IBIZA and sometimes we make the call the day before we set off!!!

Back