BPM festival expanding (brazil & portugal)

Flights less than €100 return for next September from dublin.. and a good thing is direct flights all year round because of Golf Wankers :).. very cheap in February and March from Dublin..

Me and the missus go every January for 4 nights, we pay about £120 each or thereabouts for flights, decent hotel and transfer. I spend that on a shit night out here :eek:. Can still get about in the day with shorts n t-shirt if not wet and cloudy.

I´m sure you guys have seen this, but just in case...

THE BPM FESTIVAL IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you to all our fans and artists who joined us for a magical first edition of The BPM Festival in Portugal this past September. You came from over 90 countries and we once again reveled together on the dancefloor. We are super excited to announce that we will be returning to the beautiful beachside towns of Portimão and Lagoa in Portugal for September 2018. Stay tuned for dates and more exciting news!

For so many of you who have been asking, due to instability in the region we will not be returning to Mexico. We have been working diligently and scouting new locations so we can bring you the best BPM experience in stunning locations across the world. We are also already in the planning stages to bring The BPM Festival to a new beach location in January 2019.

In the meantime, keep dancing and smiling on the dancefloor! Music unites us all and we look forward to creating more magical moments with you in the future.

22815077_10212146285065503_8822626000999422891_n.jpg

Nice lineup.. i was at BPM Playa del carmen and on the Blue Parrot club one day before the shooting, Joris voorn played there then, the area as a whole is probably one of the best venues to have these kinds of events on. Although the areas are run by mafia cartels.
BPM is really nice arrangement and i will probably visit BPM Portugal next year.
In my honest opinion i would strongly recommend people NOT to travel to these areas, and especially not go to events like this there. Without breaking any forum discussion regulations i think you can imagine what goes on in these areas.. and its a mess.
This is my personal opinion, and i will never travel back there again, just sayin.. stay safe

Last edited:
People should avoid this..

I would never go there after what happened in playa del carmen nearby. There is no reason why something like last year shouldn't happen again and this danger is much more concrete than a random terror attack somewhere else IMO.
Plus I agree, you can't really financially support those cartels there with your money.

Tulum is a little more insulated from crime compared to PDB, and it helps that this party isnt associated with the BPM crew. Even so, I'd still wouldn't take my chances and I love Tulum.

Tulum is a little more insulated from crime compared to PDB, and it helps that this party isnt associated with the BPM crew. Even so, I'd still wouldn't take my chances and I love Tulum.

why do you think so? genuinely interested.

I think large scale events as a whole in Mexico should be avoided. Tulum or Cancun for a regular vacation may be okay but when people pour in there for a festival the Cartel is going to want a piece and after last year it is not worth the risk.

Hoping Puerto Rico is on the horizon for BPM.

Hoping Puerto Rico is on the horizon for BPM.

I think Puerto Rico has far bigger concerns than hosting BPM even if we are talking about 14 months from now. I can see them more looking at something like Cayman Islands. I dont really see any other fit in the Caribbean in my opinion and it'll be very very difficult to find something that offered up the vibe Playa del Carmen with the exception of last year. I dont see Jamaica, Bahamas, or P.R. as a real fit and many of the islands are going to have to do massive rebuilding of infrastructure which is a shame in general but also a shame for festivals like SxM which i heard really improved from year 1 to year 2 and now doesnt even have a chance to put on year 3.

what about panama then? the ibiza sonica guys are there various times a year and there seems to be a tiny bit of a scene there.

I think Puerto Rico has far bigger concerns than hosting BPM even if we are talking about 14 months from now. I can see them more looking at something like Cayman Islands. I dont really see any other fit in the Caribbean in my opinion and it'll be very very difficult to find something that offered up the vibe Playa del Carmen with the exception of last year. I dont see Jamaica, Bahamas, or P.R. as a real fit and many of the islands are going to have to do massive rebuilding of infrastructure which is a shame in general but also a shame for festivals like SxM which i heard really improved from year 1 to year 2 and now doesnt even have a chance to put on year 3.

San Juan/Condado was not hit anywhere near as hard as the rest of the island. The Martinez Brothers, Guti, Lee Foss and others were tweeting about doing something for PR. The major issue would be travel in and out. My mother in law is there currently and the wait for flights out is about 2 weeks. If the flying situation is better and depending on the speed of rebuilding it could be viable in 2019. Could always do a cruise there with parties on the beach in Condado area.

I think Puerto Rico has far bigger concerns

They will push to try to get tourism back, but many of the hotels will remain closed until late 2018. Most people will not have power until early next spring.

I have lived in PR, and always thought it had potential. If I were to start a festival I would look to the smaller PR islands of Culebra or Vieques.

what about panama then? the ibiza sonica guys are there various times a year and there seems to be a tiny bit of a scene there.

Close to Panama...I was thinking Cartagena in Colombia. Friends were researching a bachelor party there soon and it seems like it could work.

I can't see it working in south america to be honest, surley the organisers will know the risks of it happening again. And how many punters would take that risk?

Carribean seems a great idea but with the natural disasters that have happened I would think money and thoughts would be spent elsewhere.

The only other winter hot sun beach location would be Australia maybe? But I suspect that would be a touch too far?

Back