Blood Donation - anyone?

Sorry, Sil. It wasn't a serious comment.

It's a mental thing. I'm just a big baby when it comes to needles.

Plus my bloodtype is AB and I've got sickle cell trait, so I don't think give blood anyway.

Sorry, Sil. It wasn't a serious comment.

It's a mental thing. I'm just a big baby when it comes to needles.

Plus my bloodtype is AB and I've got sickle cell trait, so I don't think give blood anyway.

Ah, that's what I was imagining ;)

Most men are big babies, and this is an horrible generalisation but I think I can say it after seeing most of my male friends going pale and almost fainting when I showed my injuries, while women used to cope with it much better.
I think this has something to see with the fact that women see blood every month (hormonal period) and that our bodies are done to put up with the giving birth pain :D

Ah, that's what I was imagining ;)

Most men are big babies, and this is an horrible generalisation but I think I can say it after seeing most of my male friends going pale and almost fainting when I showed my injuries, while women used to cope with it much better.
I think this has something to see with the fact that women see blood every month (hormonal period) and that our bodies are done to put up with the giving birth pain :D

Men are SUCH babies! Look at all the men on this thread saying how they feel dizzy/have fainted after giving blood! The women just go in there, whip a vein out... bish bash bosh.. done! :lol:

I normally give blood on a regular basis, have been a bit naughty lately though, I probably havent done it in about 6 months. It doesn't bother me at all, I just get bored waiting for the blood to come out... bring on the crisps and biscuits! :lol:

Back