Blood Donation - anyone?

I faint reguarly after donation. Just a got low sugar levels, whatever I do I can't stop it ( eating 15 Mars bars and 20 bottles of Lucozade ), but now they know I do it, they lie me down and just let me go. And I tell you, it's the best trip ever. Better than any drug I've tried, you go into a maaaaaaad world for about ten seconds and I ALWAYS come out of beaming like a beaned up 16 year lad from Huddersfield after a Scooter concert. It's AMAZING.

I faint reguarly after donation. Just a got low sugar levels, whatever I do I can't stop it ( eating 15 Mars bars and 20 bottles of Lucozade ), but now they know I do it, they lie me down and just let me go. And I tell you, it's the best trip ever. Better than any drug I've tried, you go into a maaaaaaad world for about ten seconds and I ALWAYS come out of beaming like a beaned up 16 year lad from Huddersfield after a Scooter concert. It's AMAZING.

I thought you werent meant to eat or drink before doing it like a certain amount of hours before? :confused:

I thought you werent meant to eat or drink before doing it like a certain amount of hours before? :confused:
God dont say that!!! I was planning on a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea before hand....:eek::eek:

If I dont have brekkie I will definately pass out FACT!!!

That's when you're anaesthatised.

They recommend eating LOTS before and after blood donation. I love pigging out on the snacks afterwards, makes it almost worth giving away a pint of the red stuff :D

God dont say that!!! I was planning on a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea before hand....:eek::eek:

If I dont have brekkie I will definately pass out FACT!!!

Pups this is the one occasion when you can have that bacon sarnie AND a fried slice and not feel guilty about it. The doctors have advised you to have it :lol:

After the first time, you will already be looking forward to the next, it's a brilliant feeling of having done something small that might do something big :)

It is a great feeling. To feel like youve done good, and maybe helped save someones life !! :lol:

Here in Spain there is such a shortage that people who donate blood get prioritised, i think its a great idea as it should encourage people to donate 8) Alot of spanish even have their blood type on their necklace, another good idea to help save time and maybe save your life !!

In fact that reminds me to find out when i can do it again, its been too long :spank:

That's when you're anaesthatised.

They recommend eating LOTS before and after blood donation. I love pigging out on the snacks afterwards, makes it almost worth giving away a pint of the red stuff :D

Ok here's a shallow question - how much does a bag of blood weigh?? desperately trying to kick off the last couple of lb's before my holiday at the end of that week.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and how long does it take to "make it back up again"? ;)

Ok here's a shallow question - how much does a bag of blood weigh?? desperately trying to kick off the last couple of lb's before my holiday at the end of that week.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and how long does it take to "make it back up again"? ;)

That made me laugh for some reason :lol::lol:

Ok sorry I was wrong on the eating beforehand, sounds like a good way to pig out and feel good about it :lol:;)

Well a pint of blood weighs.... I guess the same as a pint of liquid? How much does a pint weigh? Think of a pint of beer coming out of you I guess :?:lol:

The bad news is your body starts replenishing it as soon as it's gone. It takes 24hrs for your blood volume to replenish itself. So you might weigh a few pounds less for an hour or so but then you'll be back to normal.

The white blood cells take up to 10 weeks to replenish themselves though, but I don't think they weigh anything :lol:

Just avoid strenuous exercise, getting p1ssed, and anything else involving exerting yourself for 24hrs and you'll feel fine.

Its an excuse to sit on the sofa not doing anything and order in a takeaway!

That made me laugh for some reason :lol::lol:

Ok sorry I was wrong on the eating beforehand, sounds like a good way to pig out and feel good about it :lol:;)

Hey!!! anything that helps the last few pounds disappear!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will just do some extra exercise in the run up to my gushing blood for a good cause.... ;)

my mum gives blood all the time, i don't know if i can i would get blood infections from time to time but haven't had it over a year now, my mum constantly on at us to do it as well :)

wd pups :) :):lol::lol::)

Is your boss male? If so it must be a man thing, the passing out bit:oops:

cheers!

Boss is female so...... mind you I wasnt impressed with the size of the needle - that was a bit of an eek moment when I looked down to see a knitting needle hanging out from my arm.....8)8)8)8)

I am officially a big girls blouse :cry::cry::cry:

Since my initial visit I have done several without incident and my latest donation lead to me being dizzy, almost fainting and attracting the attention of veryone within 100 yards. Their procedure is to rush around, produce an industrial sized fan, lump ice packs on my forehead, elevate my legs and generally make it appear as though I was about to die:lol:

Sadly, I'm allergic to needles and therefore can not give blood :cry:

What do you mean by allergic to needles? Do you mean a "mental" allergy or a "biological" allergy? If you have an accident or you have surgery done, what will happen with you and the needles? Sorry if I'm too curious, but never heard of that

I try to give blood at least twice a year but I am too skinny and I'm not allowed to :confused:
I got 10 bags of blood given to me after my accident, so I am gutted I can't give blood, and I'm gutted I can't earn a couple of kilos to give blood :confused:

Back