Blau Park - Advice Needed

Party Girl

Hi everyone, hope you all had a fantastic christmas.

Now that we have got all the fuss of christmas out of the way, me and the man need something to look forward to so I am researching into our Ibiza 2004 holiday.

We are considering staying at Blau Park, but can't seem to find too much info on it. We stayed at the Gran Sol last year which was across the road and liked the look of it from the outside, but cant find any info on prices etc.

Has anyone stayed here? If so, what did you think, was it reasonable (I would imagine it would be a bit more expensive than your average hotel seeing as it is 4*) and who did you book through? I have done a few searches and can't seem to find any way of booking it independantly (which is what we would prefer) or even through a tour operator!

Any info would be gratefully received. Cheers ;)

nish said:
Pretty close to the windmill in the bay

i dont think so!! :eek:

blau park is in caló des moro - great location because is close to kasbah, kanya, etc!! ;)

4.jpg

Well if you wanna go to San An,
then Blau Park is the best!! Perfect location (close to Kanya) nice rooms and every night a beautifull sunset

No worries ;)

Ive walked past the Gran Sol a few times before as well. I thought it looked pretty smart. Did u not like it enough for a return visit? Or do u want to try something different this year?

:oops: got my bearings wrong there!

Think ill get my coat :oops:

:lol:

In my defence I was completely shit faced during my stay. ;) :lol:

Seen it before- looks pretty smart. Pretty close to the windmill in the bay

No, this is down by Kasbah and Kanya.

It does look really nice, we had a nose last year as we were staying in the Hotel opposite and would really like to stay here. I just want a bit more info on the prices and the facilities.

Yeah I really liked the Gran Sol, and we are still considering staying here, but I want to explore all possibilities just to keep my mind occupied (even though I have got exams to be revising for).

I also fancied something a bit more special, but if it is going to cost us an arm and a leg then we will go back to the Gran Sol.

I've stayed at the Blau Parc and would say it's the best hotel in San An expect for Pikes which is miles out of the way in any case. We went for a self catering room so we had a fridge + sea view.

Blau Park apparently doesn't open again til 12th Jan, we're booking then, DON'T take our place though and get in there first! :D

Let me know if you manage to book.

X

Hi guys

Blau Park apparently doesn't open again til 12th Jan, we're booking then

Who are you booking through Red, I presume you are booking direct, is that via the link that McRackin posted above? If you do book (i'm not booking yet as flights have not been announced, wish they'd hurry up), and of course if you don't mind, please could you let me have an idea of how much it is going cost you. I don't mind paying a bit extra but I don't want to get stung. When are you thinking of going?

I've stayed at the Blau Parc and would say it's the best hotel in San An expect for Pikes which is miles out of the way in any case. We went for a self catering room so we had a fridge + sea view.

Thanks for the feedback JT. Who did you book through and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? Would you say it was value for money considering the facilities?

Cheers guys ;)

I booked over the net. It was about 70 euros a night for an apartment which could have fitted 3 people (we only had 2). This was in 2001

the pool area is so nice that people from other hotels try and sunbath around the pool and the management have to keep going round turfing out the riff raff!

Very good value when compared to other good quality places in Ibiza. Pikes/Victoria/Royal Plaza were all about double.

Party Girl said:
Who are you booking through Red, I presume you are booking direct, is that via the link that McRackin posted above? If you do book (i'm not booking yet as flights have not been announced, wish they'd hurry up), and of course if you don't mind, please could you let me have an idea of how much it is going cost you. I don't mind paying a bit extra but I don't want to get stung. When are you thinking of going?

Will let you know as soon as, we're booking through their website (not sure if that was the same link) their phone number was on there.

We want the first 2 weeks in August (I know the most bloody expensive but what can you do when you teach? :evil: i'd take myself on hols in term time in exchange for a £100 fine if i could - sorry rant over)

I expect it will be expensive, but i'm sick to death of staying in poo holes andpaying double what you would everywhere else in the world. I could have gone on 5 round the world trips for the price of some of my Ibiza hols... :rolleyes:

Hello again guys

I'm still not sure whether to go to Blau Park this year or not, as I'm still debating whether to take two summer holidays this year in which case I will opt for the cheaper option. However I really fancy staying here.

JT, you wouldn't happen to remember the website which you booked it through would you? If so it would be most appreciated.

Red, will you submit a booking through the website or will you ring them when you choose to book. I don't like the fact that you submit a reservation before knowing the cost. I can be quite impatient and I'd want to know straight away. At least with a tour operator or online booking agent you know the price beforehand.

I've just checked the prices on the website and it looks a little more expensive than I'd hoped, €108-€120 per night is a bit out of my price range especially not for two weeks. Looks like I might be looking into staying at the Gran Sol again, which was quite good (nothing spectacular but comfortable and friendly) and better suited to my budget. Think I will have to ask my boss for a pay rise!!! :lol:

Party Girl said:
Red, will you submit a booking through the website or will you ring them when you choose to book. I don't like the fact that you submit a reservation before knowing the cost. I can be quite impatient and I'd want to know straight away. At least with a tour operator or online booking agent you know the price beforehand.
We are going to call direct. It is expensive for us too, so will have to see what they say about cost.

Here's hoping though, i'm getting too old for 18-30, i'm no longer 15! Last year we went with Escapades and it was utter toss.

Back