Best Times!

That is the best post on Spotlight, by far!!

Is it wrong to actually feel a bit scared of going back to Ibiza... not been in a couple of years. I'm actually worried it wont be the same :(

I thought the same Miss Boo, but when I went for openings last year, it was amazing.

After hearing about people kissing the tarmac and all that nonsense, getting off the plane for the first time in 97 and it was p*ssing down.

It picked up ever so slightly;)

Actually THE biggest annoyance when you are out having a cracking time, is needing to pee :lol:

Worse than needing to pee is the peculiar mix that takes place when you try to layer beer (or just lots of booze) on top of a decent dinner, resulting in the beer jobbies.

Is it wrong to actually feel a bit scared of going back to Ibiza... not been in a couple of years. I'm actually worried it wont be the same :(

Seriously don't be :)

Some things are different for sure but the 4 days I spent there last September were up there as one of my top trips. Although I think squeezing a week/10days worth of fun into 4 kind of intensified the experience for me :lol:

Going on a Space/DC-10 bender before getting straight on a 'Thompsons Highlights' boat trip compared by a Victoria Wood clone with loads of obese families eating and falling over/being sick due to the choppy waves.

Es Vedra is apparently one of the three most magnetic places in the world. Very spiritual day. :lol:

I was apprehensive going last year but it worked out brilliantly in the end. Having a reasonable/affordable itinerary you could stick to and avoiding the things you knew you would hate really paid dividends. Had I done the trip 10-15 years earlier maybe my sole reason for going would've been the clubs, but the events I went to felt more like house parties than clubs and I massively preferred that intimate/relaxed feel, especially the open air stuff. I'm sure I will return to the clubs at some point but I really didn't feel I was missing out on much. Maybe when you've spent half your life in clubs in London, clubs abroad don't really have that much additional appeal? I dunno.. The only thing I really did miss was this advertised pirate ship party which sadly didn't have the budget to go ahead

getting a early morning phone call off two very spangled mates claiming they had caught the ferry and were now in Mallorca. When they turned up three hours later turned out it had in fact been Cala Bassa.....:D

it is still class Becki.

8) I hope so!! I went for the closings in 2009 and didn't have the best time. It was good, but not GREAT. But it was a real last minute decision and we were only a small group, plus the days we were there weren't brill either, we missed a lot of the better nights.

I'm waiting for Ferdi to pop up and convince me to book this year :twisted: :lol:

far far too many amazing memories over the years......

off the top of my head...and weirdly most of these are a fair amount of time ago...

- Tong playing Billy Jean at the Essential Mix at Priv in 2001. First time i had heard the record when it came back out as a club track. being surrounded by my closest mates and all looking at each other in astonishment as we realised what the track was.

- the entire Sasha set at the Ess Mix at Priv the following year (2002), simply a wonderful set from start to finish, one i still listen to now and one that contains my fav dance record ever (Underworld - 2 months off)

- 10pm til midnight on the Space Terrace (old) the following day. Tong closing the terrace.....the best room in the world ever in total and utter full effect. U2 towards the end brought the house down. I love that old terrace and, for me, that was the ultimate session on it.

- Sasha in Pacha last year - when he dropped Piano Lessons. A record that my mates and I had been LOVING since Danny Howells had played it at my night a few weeks earlier.

- Danny Howells - Old Space Terrace 2004. Octave One - Blackwater. One of the greatest records ever played by, in my view, the greatest DJ

8) I hope so!! I went for the closings in 2009 and didn't have the best time. It was good, but not GREAT. But it was a real last minute decision and we were only a small group, plus the days we were there weren't brill either, we missed a lot of the better nights.

I'm waiting for Ferdi to pop up and convince me to book this year :twisted: :lol:

Book!!! the liverpool contingent is going early September (6th for us), is Ferd going the closings?

Book!!! the liverpool contingent is going early September (6th for us), is Ferd going the closings?

27th Aug to 3rd Sept I believe so just gonna miss you guys.

I'm going to try again and get Glasto tickets today (third time lucky) and if no joy... well it would be rude not to :twisted: :lol:

one of my moments:

Started Saturday at Bora Bora pitcher of Sangria in hand Gypsy woman playing met new best friends, people yelling at the plane

Off to Pacha all night Sanchez was playing

Sunday Morning a a smoothie the into We Love

Pass out and then passed out

Sunday evening back to Space bounced up stairs to the terrace all night. Died in the tunnel for a bit

Sunrise out for a smoothie

Back into space for La Troya

Monday afternoon stumbled down the beach back to my hotel beer in hand smile on my face loved it

Wednesday morning and afternoon in Space in 2007 after a Tuesday night at Amnesia. Think we worked it out at 18 hours of partying. Space started off with In Bed With Space and moved to something else in the afternoon and we were on the outdoor terrace and the sun was beating down and it must have been 27-8 degrees. The DJ played Samim - Heater; oh my what a moment! The place went off. That's what it's all about!

far far too many amazing memories over the years......

off the top of my head...and weirdly most of these are a fair amount of time ago...

- Tong playing Billy Jean at the Essential Mix at Priv in 2001. First time i had heard the record when it came back out as a club track. being surrounded by my closest mates and all looking at each other in astonishment as we realised what the track was.

- the entire Sasha set at the Ess Mix at Priv the following year (2002), simply a wonderful set from start to finish, one i still listen to now and one that contains my fav dance record ever (Underworld - 2 months off)

- 10pm til midnight on the Space Terrace (old) the following day. Tong closing the terrace.....the best room in the world ever in total and utter full effect. U2 towards the end brought the house down. I love that old terrace and, for me, that was the ultimate session on it.

- Sasha in Pacha last year - when he dropped Piano Lessons. A record that my mates and I had been LOVING since Danny Howells had played it at my night a few weeks earlier.

- Danny Howells - Old Space Terrace 2004. Octave One - Blackwater. One of the greatest records ever played by, in my view, the greatest DJ

One of my fave songs ever

Back