Best and worst Mojitos

Anyone drink Vodka Limon anymore on the island?
Long before the Mojito hit ibiza it was all about the Vodka lemon ...
isn´t there a comeback of vodkalemon and gintonic around the corner anyway ?
because nowadays every hillbillygoat****ingredneckwhitetrailerparktrash is drinking
redbull these days ... so it´s not "cool" anymore :idea: :?: :!: :twisted:

every hillbillygoat****ingredneckwhitetrailerparktrash is drinking redbull these days ... so it´s not "cool" anymore :idea: :?: :!: :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-lkl9TzsU

This little billy goat drinks Vodka Red Bull too you know :spank::spank::spank: ..

but then again I am getting on a bit .... and as I don't snort coke, 'bump' amphetamines or pop ProPlus, it helps me stay awake for 2 days at a time. It's nice to know I am once again terminally "uncool" :p :twisted:

I generally dislike mojitos but the ones from the little cocktail bar opposite the church in San Antonio are divine. The little place with only one or two tables inside and out. Literally was a perfect evening for me their last year.

Mojitos at La Torre at Cap Negret are quite good but the best mojito I have had on the island is at the beach bar in Portinatx on the small beach at the end of the resort past the paradise beach complex.

The bar man crushes the ice by hand and makes them with Havana club and tops up with fanta lemon instead of soda which tates great! 8)

Villa Mercedes make the great strawberry daquiris too ;)

Most mojitos I've had in Ibiza are lovely and made properly. To find a good 1 in the UK is the problem. Always lacking the 'mojito' flavour and basically tasting like cheap Bacardi and lemonade. A nice mojito to me can still be enjoyed when it's gone as in the ice tastes good

545169_3903397260080_1747359091_n.jpg

FB

1zx5kk5.jpg

had 2 very good strawberry-mojitos inside the migjorn-appartments.
don´t kow if this place is "open to the public" or only for guests ?!
didn´t stayed there, but took a look at the end of the season.
they have a very friendly professional barkeepeer there all season,
who uses firstclass ingredients
, not pre-mixed bull**** or stuff like that :p

qp3wb7.jpg

top background-story about this barkeeper 8)

"...
Caribbean Style Cocktails
I make the best, biggest and freshest cocktails in Ibiza in a style know as Caribbean.
Its a style that reflects happy, big, fresh and most importantly, natural fruit cocktails.
They are specially designed to refresh people lying by the pool or on the beach
and I learnt the skill from time I spent working at celebrity hangout, Nicki Beach Club in Miami.
I also worked in Cancun and Brazil perfecting the technique.
I am very proud of my cocktails as they match perfectly with the Ibiza party
and people having fun ...
..."
=> http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/workers-in-ibiza.html

top background-story about this barkeeper 8)

"...
Caribbean Style Cocktails
I make the best, biggest and freshest cocktails in Ibiza in a style know as Caribbean.
Its a style that reflects happy, big, fresh and most importantly, natural fruit cocktails.
They are specially designed to refresh people lying by the pool or on the beach
and I learnt the skill from time I spent working at celebrity hangout, Nicki Beach Club in Miami.
I also worked in Cancun and Brazil perfecting the technique.
I am very proud of my cocktails as they match perfectly with the Ibiza party
and people having fun ...
..."
=> http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/workers-in-ibiza.html

Living in the states and traveling often to the caribbean i must admit there is nothing like mixed cocktails in the caribbean. the fruit and ingredients used are so fresh and sweet it elevates all drinks and if you are a rum person there is no better rum than rums from caribbean islands with great sugar cane...

Back