Best and worst Mojitos

A special mention for Es Reco d'Angel in the west end,maybe not the best (or the worst).....but

it's all about the show !!

7 euro

Got to be worth a detour to check this out on my next stumble through San An for sure. All this talk of Mojitos was a big mistake... just gone and booked a flight out early Tuesday morning and need to be back for a meeting on Thursday first thing. :lol: :spank:

living the dream baby. btw that bar Project Orange is amazing the only alternative place round there , independltly run with a firece guns n roses music policy

Thanks - If ever I find myself offloaded at Clapham Junction I know exactly where to go now. As long as they have G&R's Tribute to ACDC I love Rock 'n' Roll for me to jump off the bar to, and knockin on heaven's door to sing along to, I'll be fine :p

Mojito Drink Recipe Ingredients:

6.3 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced (25 oz. per bottle) or your favorite rum
60 mint leaves
5 teaspoon(s) sugar
2.5 oz. lime juice
10 oz. soda water

Pour over ice or blend with ice your choice

Makes 5 drinks

mojito drink recipe ingredients:

6.3 oz. Captain morgan original spiced (25 oz. Per bottle) or your favorite rum
60 mint leaves
5 teaspoon(s) sugar
2.5 oz. Lime juice
10 oz. Soda water

pour over ice or blend with ice your choice

makes 5 drinks
:d

Bar Tulip in the bay used to do a really good mojito for about 8 euro. Especially if the dutch guy there makes them himself. There's also a place in Figueretes - Cafe Haddock I think - may have a weird name but they do pretty good mojitos and the past couple of years they've had a 2 for 1 happy hour on cocktails between 6-8pm. Had a couple of good ones near the harbour in the old town, expensive but nice.

Worst one I ever had was in Tenerife.... I swear it was just iced water with mint floating in it.

Bar Tulip in the bay used to do a really good mojito for about 8 euro. Especially if the dutch guy there makes them himself. There's also a place in Figueretes - Cafe Haddock I think - may have a weird name but they do pretty good mojitos and the past couple of years they've had a 2 for 1 happy hour on cocktails between 6-8pm. Had a couple of good ones near the harbour in the old town, expensive but nice.

Think I hit Bar Tulp on a very bad day last trip - 1/2 an hour before Sunset, the place was pretty dead and after 15 minutes of trying to get someone's attention for a swift one (short of jumping around in front of them) I got bored and left for Bay Bar and Es Calo d'es Moro.. not how Tulp is normally, by the sound of all the recommendations the place usually receives - but disappointing nonetheless as I'd gone out of my way to go there specifically on account of the number of times it appears in peoples' fave bar slots ! So didn't get to thy their Mojitos after all :confused:

Will have to arrange a non-driving evening in Figueretas/Port sometime. Sounds like some good drinking holes round there all in all.

Think I hit Bar Tulp on a very bad day last trip - 1/2 an hour before Sunset, the place was pretty dead and after 15 minutes of trying to get someone's attention for a swift one (short of jumping around in front of them) I got bored and left for Bay Bar and Es Calo d'es Moro.. not how Tulp is normally, by the sound of all the recommendations the place usually receives - but disappointing nonetheless as I'd gone out of my way to go there specifically on account of the number of times it appears in peoples' fave bar slots ! So didn't get to thy their Mojitos after all :confused:

Will have to arrange a non-driving evening in Figueretas/Port sometime. Sounds like some good drinking holes round there all in all.

I agree, the service hasn't been as good in the past couple of years as it has been. I have seen people come in, sit down and walk out after a few minutes of not being served. If that happens, I just make a nuisance of myself until I'm served :)

Worth trying again.

Not seen it mentioned and as its the only mojito I've ever had Marina's cocktail bar in PDB
Totally awesome, had a fair few last year before heading to Amnesia for Creams closing party:p

2 favourites

Es Reco d'Angel is definately one of my favourites for a traditional mojito in san antonio( love the crazy owner)..and paul the owner tulp makes awesome cocktails, never had a problem with the service!!
Of course if you ever around the bay of San Antonio I will make you a great cocktail in the Pink Panther...:D

Es Reco d'Angel is definately one of my favourites for a traditional mojito in san antonio( love the crazy owner)..and paul the owner tulp makes awesome cocktails, never had a problem with the service!!
Of course if you ever around the bay of San Antonio I will make you a great cocktail in the Pink Panther...:D

Sounds like I may have to stop off on my next sortie to take you up on that :p

What about the bar "El Mojito" in Playa d'en Bossa who claim to have 30 different Mojitos :eek: ? Is this still there and if so has anyone been / know its whereabouts more precisely ?

I recommend FUSION in Figueretas,the best I had last trip....8 euros

top tip: happy hour 7 - 8pm bogof.

Ok just had the best Mojito Ive ever had in London and propably ever at this lovely (and very cheap) Mexican restaurant by Charing Cross
http://www.lupita.co.uk/

Food was extremely good , simple but with good ingredients and not overly stodged with unneccesary stuff like some Mexicans Ive had. Def reccomended!

Nothing over a tenner on the menu. Most things a 5er tho you would maybe order 2 if you were hungry but still great value

Might be unexpected, but, around San Antonio Bay, The Reggae Bar do an excellent Mojito made with fresh mint. They were €8 in June this year.

Back