Best and worst Mojitos

kimajy

I'm a bit partial to the odd 'Mojito in the Med' and would welcome some recommendations as to where to go to get the best ones, and where to drink something else.

Starter for 10 :

Best - Cap d'es Falco does a cracking Mojito and to be fair, Cafe del Mar's haven't been too bad, if a bit inconsistent.

Worst - Hacienda Na Xamena at the pool, hands down (could hardly taste anything through all the soda water.. accompanied by some of the worst service I can ever remember in a so-called top hotel, at a record 45 minutes and 2 reminders to get a drink. Search elsewhere for your luxury hideaway !)

Best value for location definitely Canguiri in Cala d'es Moro at 5 Euros (as compared to 11-12 on the Mint Lounge to Savannah run.)

There`s a french guy that has a little bar in ibiza town that does the best mojitos i have ever had.He gives you these great little shot too when your leaving.. I think he is called Jack.All his cocktails are around 10euro and are easily the best on island.

Villla Mercedes and Cafe Mambo(outside of sunset) are not bad but you pay for the quality. Villa Mercedes use Havana Club Rum which is my favorite.

Bay Bar does a good Mojito for €8

I remember overdosing on Mojitos in Marian apartments San An (bar stays open as long as you stay drinking) at €6 a go. Not the best but they all taste the same after the 4th or 5th:)

Villla Mercedes and Cafe Mambo(outside of sunset) are not bad but you pay for the quality. Villa Mercedes use Havana Club Rum which is my favorite.

I remember overdosing on Mojitos in Marian apartments San An (bar stays open as long as you stay drinking) at €6 a go. Not the best but they all taste the same after the 4th or 5th:)

True, I love a fresh Mojito not the pre-made kind. There is a bar near the Marina in Ibiza town that has good ones.

Bar Called Project Orange in clapham junction does a mean one. perhaps not world beating but as good as you'll get.....in clapham

There`s a french guy that has a little bar in ibiza town that does the best mojitos i have ever had.He gives you these great little shot too when your leaving.. I think he is called Jack.All his cocktails are around 10euro and are easily the best on island.

Sounds promising.. I love a good mission but reckon I could get thru' a great many Mojitos looking for a French guy possibly called Jack somewhere in Ibiza Town who owns a bar :lol: .. any idea where it actually is / a steer on how to get there :?:

Villa Mercedes and Mambo not too shabby indeed - 12Euro-ish a pop soon mounts tho'

Have a bit of a soft spot for Bay Bar actually - they looked after my suitcase in the middle of the day for ages whilst I went off doing stuff after - yep, you guessed it - I lost another hire car key in the sea on the morning of my arrival on a previous trip :rolleyes: Didn't know they did good Mojitos - must go say hi to them soon and have some bevvys there.

Probably be onto red bull & vodka before I hit my 5th Mojito, to be fair ! :)

Thanks for these.

living the dream baby. btw that bar Project Orange is amazing the only alternative place round there , independltly run with a firece guns n roses music policy

Mojitos in Mambo are gone in 2 sips and are 12 euros. I think the ones in Ibiza town in the bar that used to be El Divino bar, I'm not sure of the new name, are nice and a bit better value for money at 10 euros, The Mojitos on playa den bossa beach bars like La Plage and the old Ushuiaia were nice but La Plage was very expensive at around 16 euros each hopefully it's changed! The Mojitos in the bar opposite Burger King in Playa Den Bossa I think it was once called Disco Point were definitely the best value for money, tasted good and lots of liquid however this bar is not exactly party central. I would have gone with Old Ushuiaia as being the best, sadly now just a legend! Can't wait for my holiday now it's the only time I treat myself to a Mojito :)

Villa Mercedes and Mambo not too shabby indeed - 12Euro-ish a pop soon mounts tho'

Have a bit of a soft spot for Bay Bar actually - they looked after my suitcase in the middle of the day for ages whilst I went off doing stuff after - yep, you guessed it - I lost another hire car key in the sea on the morning of my arrival on a previous trip :rolleyes: Didn't know they did good Mojitos - must go say hi to them soon and have some bevvys there.

Probably be onto red bull & vodka before I hit my 5th Mojito, to be fair ! :)

Thanks for these.

You are welcome. Im far from an expert on them though. Had about 6 of them last night in my local bar.

In Ireland we have them on draught now!

The owner of Bay Bar is an old friend of mine and i try to make it back there each year.

I'll stick with draft Guiness in Ireland .. make my own Mojitos with proper cane or palm sugar, fresh mint from the garden and Pyrat rum so anything too far short of the real McCoy's a bit of a no-no !

Think we've found the prize for where to get the worst Mojito so far !

I have loads of mint in my garden now. Should actually attempt a homemade one (if I buy the ingredients), tho the best mojito in rainy Scotland is arguably always going to seem lesser than the worst mojito in Ibiza!

I have loads of mint in my garden now. Should actually attempt a homemade one (if I buy the ingredients), tho the best mojito in rainy Scotland is arguably always going to seem lesser than the worst mojito in Ibiza!

Aye - youz'll jus' need a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the noo ..

A special mention for Es Reco d'Angel in the west end,maybe not the best (or the worst).....but

it's all about the show !!

7 euro

Back