Berlin Clubs

visiting Berlin never quite happens for me, which is a bit strange seeing as so many of my fave DJs all have some connection there. People like DJ Alex Pewin, Steffi, Tornado Wallace, Danny Wang and Paramida are amongst the very best in the business musically and I get the impression Berlin despite the pressures of gentrification hasn't sold out (yet).

visiting Berlin never quite happens for me, which is a bit strange seeing as so many of my fave DJs all have some connection there. People like DJ Alex Pewin, Steffi, Tornado Wallace, Danny Wang and Paramida are amongst the very best in the business musically and I get the impression Berlin despite the pressures of gentrification hasn't sold out (yet).

Same here. All credit to the Berlin scene, it can be tempting to make the trip looking at those line-ups, but I'm not going anytime soon.

Minor reason is you get to see foreign deejays more easily around the corner these days.

More importantly those unpredictable and harsh door policies are a major turn-off for the dionysiac minded.

Most importantly it's a vulgar notion to associate music too much with certain names or places. Bill & Frank once again, on the meaning of house (Last Night a DJ Saved My Life: The History of the Disc Jockey):

1634633383314.png

Last edited:
Same here. All credit to the Berlin scene, it can be tempting to make the trip looking at those line-ups, but I'm not going anytime soon.

Minor reason is you get to see foreign deejays more easily around the corner these days.

More importantly those unpredictable and harsh door policies are major turn-off for the dionysiac minded.

Most importantly it's a vulgar notion to associate music too much with certain names or places. Bill & Frank once again, on the meaning of house (Last Night a DJ Saved My Life: The History of the Disc Jockey):

View attachment 12960

yep... I miss the tribal identity that went with it all, your hair, your clothes, your trainers. London still had that until 20 years ago. although I'm sure there's kids developing their ids in other ways now. house music all over the world is now just a lifestyle acc. Berlin at least has tried to protect something of its heritage, which the tourists don't understand. in Barcelona too, there is still an underground of sorts. I'm meeting up with them tomorrow night. but generally, people get older and can't commit anymore sadly...

What is it with Elon Musk refused at the door of Berghain ?

Maybe they had probs with other celebs ? Or is it the door politics ?

german newspaper :

Ok , 10s after this , I forgot it There are more urgent things around

Planning a wee weekend to hopefully pop my pbar cherry at the end of this month

What time does pbar usually finish on Monday morning?

I'm just trying I choose what time my flight home on Monday can be 🤪

Also what are current covid restrictions for Berlin clubs if any?
Proof of vaccination?

Back