Barcelona club row?

Ok... so whats the craic with El Row?

Goin over for Sonar again this year, just wondered if it was open/shut/roofed etc.

Proper delighted this thread has been re-posted. I'd never heard of this place till today and it looks awesome. 100% going there soon 8)

Let us know how it's looking this year Rikkay. I think it's just the inside now and the roof closed after they got shut down over noise.

Best bit about Elrow (aside from the extravagant crazy Catalan partying) was the lack of many Brits or tourists. If it gets on the map it will fast deteriorate into a tourist stop like DC-10 and the atmosphere will be spoiled. A friend of mine who lives in Barcelona went late last year and said it had really suffered from the combination of bad publicity, trouble with the authorities and closure of the outside terrace. Was very overcrowded inside with the reduced space.

It hasn't helped that the entry prices have soared either.. the local crowd of regulars who absolutely made the vibe are falling away fast. They were up in arms over the New Year's prices and many went elsewhere. Unless the whole club remains 'open' (literally) this season, I think this bird may already have flown. Will probably be good - but not "great".

Yeah, will do. I'm hoping that the roof closure was just for the winter rather than any noise problems but will find out this weekend. Just spoke to friends in Barcelona and apparently it's very warm there at the moment so if they can have it open, they will do.

Hopefully the 'box tickers' who just want to say they've been will stay away give us another summer before it becomes a victim of it's own success.

It'll invariably go the way of DC10 and have pissed-up Brits and hen do's in there sometime soon though :(

Its all well and good the locals enjoying it and wanting to keep it like that but at the end of the day if it's a good party then people, like myself from the UK will want to try it out.

Don't think there's anything wrong with that. Maybe they should have two prices one for locals and other for tourists, I wouldnt have a problem with paying more than locals.

Finally found something on why they were shut down at the end of October before the Winter re-opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=I9WVkcDaLUI

I'll pretty much bet there won't be outdoor clubbing in the open terrace at Elrow next Summer and that the roof will get closed in. Same old story. Nothing great lasts for long these days !

:lol: Love the way they overlaid the last section with the nuisance caused by bad parking and drink driving with this hellish rock music, just to emphasize the point.

I do sympathise with the locals though. Didn't realise the neighbours could hear the music when the roof is off. Not fair on them to hear that at 6am every sunday morning.

Kimajy do you think the with the recent changes El Row will still be worth going to? Im going to be in Barcalona on a Sunday so thought id check it out.

Does the open and closing time change every event?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimajy do you think the with the recent changes El Row will still be worth going to? Im going to be in Barcalona on a Sunday so thought id check it out.

Does the open and closing time change every event?

Probably, yes - if you're there anyway. We'll have to see how it all pans out this Summer.. opening has been at 5pm for all parties since they were shut down for noise infringement last year.

I don't know anyone who's gone in the last couple of months so not sure if the 'garden' (open-air terrace) is open with a DJ setup now the nights are longer... that was my favourite bit.

outside is open again folks... im feeling that its better than any club i have ever been to.... Viva ElRow... :twisted:

outside is open again folks... im feeling that its better than any club i have ever been to.... Viva ElRow... :twisted:

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: .. you're gonna get well jaded when you party elsewhere now, Sophie ;) .. for a crazy Fiesta it's very hard to top :p. So when are you going back ? :lol:

Back