Barca vs Chelsea

macdonsj

drogba compaining of cheating :rolleyes:

of the 5 claims - missed the 1st Abidal one
of the rest
Pique handball - looked to me he tried to get his arm away
Drogba each half - 1st one was close but down to easy, 2nd was cheating
last "handball" - never touched his hand!

Ballack a disgrace
Abidal, never a sending off
Essien on Iniesta - should have maybe seen red
Alves booked for hee-haw

victory for football

ps. Sky commentators are shocking
i pay Sky to commentate and discuss, not be cheerleaders for the English Premier league

drogba compaining of cheating :rolleyes:

of the 5 claims - missed the 1st Abidal one
of the rest
Pique handball - looked to me he tried to get his arm away
Drogba each half - 1st one was close but down to easy, 2nd was cheating
last "handball" - never touched his hand!

Ballack a disgrace
Abidal, never a sending off
Essien on Iniesta - should have maybe seen red
Alves booked for hee-haw

victory for football

i pay Sky to commentate and discuss, not be cheerleaders for the English Premier league

haha, what a game.. so funny at the end. some of the comments are so stupid. :eek:

the best team won at the end... Jamie Redknapp is raging haha :p

pique one was like basketball, defo pen. others were the type that you see given all the time.

abidal ejection was a major error. problem with having a ref that is sh!t is that he is sh!t for both sides. tonight the ref stunk, for both sides.

as for drogba, he is just the biggest disgrace to football going, he represents everything bad about football and is about the worst role model imaginable. total scum. i don't know any other player who damages our beautiful game quite as much as he does. i know many chelsea fans are embarrassed by him and what he does and so they should be.

as for barça, don't rate busquets at all, doesn't add anything to the side at all. iniesta and xavi would have been more solid in the middle by keeping the ball, they'll have a little scrap too if they have too.

ultimately though, trying to break down 9 blue shirts in the space of 10 yards is nigh on impossible, no matter which players you have and how long you try to do. a slight mess up and a genius shot were required to do the trick.

visca el barça!!!!!!!!!!!

pique one was like basketball, defo pen. others were the type that you see given all the time.

abidal ejection was a major error. problem with having a ref that is sh!t is that he is sh!t for both sides. tonight the ref stunk, for both sides.

as for drogba, he is just the biggest disgrace to football going, he represents everything bad about football and is about the worst role model imaginable. total scum. i don't know any other player who damages our beautiful game quite as much as he does. i know many chelsea fans are embarrassed by him and what he does and so they should be.

as for barça, don't rate busquets at all, doesn't add anything to the side at all. iniesta and xavi would have been more solid in the middle by keeping the ball, they'll have a little scrap too if they have too.

ultimately though, trying to break down 9 blue shirts in the space of 10 yards is nigh on impossible, no matter which players you have and how long you try to do. a slight mess up and a genius shot were required to do the trick.

visca el barça!!!!!!!!!!!

i would be more concerned with Kieta - horrible player

& Toure is never a CB :lol:

i would be more concerned with Kieta - horrible player

& Toure is never a CB :lol:

kieta i don't mind, he has his plus points.

sergi B just doesn't add anything. he is consistently the one who gives the ball away and generally always looks at of his depths. exactly like lucas for us.

toure is a great player, but he's too physical for a centre back. but it sort of worked playing him there tonight.

:lol:
yep, Redknapp's rant on Norway was almost as bad as Drogba....'why can't we have a ref from Italy, Spain...no not Spain'....:rolleyes:

Ref was shocking tho!

All round dissapointed with Barca, was hoping for a masterclass over the two legs. That Messi is no Kuyt. Looks like an English Teacher too.

JESUS FUKING CHRIST!

79 minutes of head-in-hands PURGATORY at the griffin (some criminally loud CFC ex-headhunter numpties sat behind me didn't help) and then salvation at the death

UNBELIEVABLE :D

I think I just aged ten years

ok, objectively, not a great show, shocking final passes throughout and I was relieved more than anything + sending off and alves booking were H.A.R.S.H. :rolleyes:

but, despite everything, JUSTICE prevailed :twisted:

sorry morbyd!

wow, wow, wow..

Barca never win these type of games.

Firstly, ref defo benefited us tonight. Pique's and Etoo were defo pens. The other two im not so sure about, but could easily have been given.

Abidal was no way red card either.

STILL.. as Macdonsj says Barca should've had a pen in the 1st leg and Ballack sent off (even if morbyd disagrees ;)). Plus I still remember Collina's mistake at the Bridge 4 years ago when Valdes was fouled in Terry's goal.

These things happen.

Agree with people about Toure at the back, you could tell he'd never played there, the offside trap was a shamble. I think Busquets is decent, but needs to gain more experience and Keita is a decent squad player. It's evident our 1st choice midfield Xavi, Iniesta and Toure.

As for Iniesta, if he manages to add goal scoring to his game like tonight, he'll be up there with the worlds best.

Chelsea's defending was immaculate, awesome... but aside for the fact my team got through, it MUST be good news a team that basis it's football on passing and movement wins over another that basis it'self on long ball, flick on and pick up the 2nd ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
41438070313915552513415.jpg

gold

if the ref had an off night - he was pretty even-handed about it...

poor Abidal and Alves :(

Being English i suppose I should have wanted Chelsea to progress, but after the way their players have acted and the football they played, I'm glad they didn't. Dont get me wrong i felt a bit sorry for them, there were some shocking decisions last night ( Hypia was also denied a blatant penalty in last years semi also :lol: ) But WTF is Drogba doing complaining about their players diving ??? :spank: What a complete hypocrite.

If he hadnt missed the sitters he did over the two legs they would have qualified. If he hadnt dived around so much in last nights game there wouldnt have been so much extra time for them to score in.

And as for them going at the ref at full time, esp Drogba :twisted:

As grego says. Hes a funkin disgrace. Roman should get rid !!

Champions League games refereed by Tom Henning Ovrebo
Nantes 0 - 1 Galatasaray 26-09-2001
Feyenoord 0 - 0 Dynamo Kiev 01-10-2002
Arsenal 0 - 0 PSV Eindhoven 12-11-2002
Milan 0 - 1 FC Bruges 22-10-2003
Everton 1 - 2 Villarreal 09-08-2005
B Munich 1 - 0 FC Bruges 27-09-2005
Porto 0 - 0 CSKA Moscow 13-09-2006
Bordeaux 0 - 1 Liverpool 18-10-2006
Lille 2 - 2 Anderlecht 21-11-2006
PSV Eindhoven 1 - 0 Arsenal 20-02-2007
Lyon 0 - 3 Rangers 02-10-2007
Real Madrid 4 - 2 Olympiakos 24-10-2007
Milan 1 - 0 Celtic 04-12-2007
Inter 0 - 1 Liverpool 11-03-2008
Man Utd 1 - 0 Roma 09-04-2008
Standard Liege 0 - 0 Liverpool 13-08-2008
Atl Madrid 2 - 1 Marseille 01-10-2008
Celtic 1 - 1 Man Utd 05-11-2008
Inter 0 - 1 Panathinaikos 26-11-2008
Barcelona 5 - 2 Lyon 11-03-2009
Villarreal 1 - 1 Arsenal 07-04-2009
Chelsea 1 - 1 Barcelona 06-05-2009
Plenty big games there young Jamie you helmet!

Ballack, have a look who ducked from Iniesta's shot in the last minute! I'm surprised he didn't shout 'no stingers or toepunts ref'!!!!

Drogba - cocksmith! Terry captain of England - joke! Ban the lot, 20 matches.

The commentators were worse than the ref! Not by much though!

I am off to have my bo11ocks sown back on after they fell off from laughing too much! I think Michelle Platini is having his done too!

2 great goals, some very dubious officiating

1 Absolute nailed on penalty (the pique handball) That was a penalty no question

the others....seen em given, seen em not given. Perhaps the drogba one, if drogba wasn't drogba!!

Some very "man u-esque" protesting by the Chelsea players.

Fair play to Hiddink though for coming out to give an interview.............taggart wouldnt have, he never does, if the unimaginable happens on Sunday and us blues get a point...or dare I say it 3 points at the swamp will he give an interview? I think not.......but alas I fear we will never know!!!

Ballack, have a look who ducked from Iniesta's shot in the last minute! I'm surprised he didn't shout 'no stingers or toepunts ref'!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

100k a week and he can't risk taking one in the face to get to the final of the european cup.

having been on the receiving end of last minute goals (riise last year for example and michael thomas still haunts me), i do feel some sympathy for chelsea. i mean john terry has this record in the european cup

04 - lost semi
05 - lost semi, cried
06 - lost to barça who went on to win it
07 - lost another semi to us, cried again
08 - missed the chance to win it from 12 yards, cried me an ocean
09 - lost to barça again after defending for 180 minutes, decided it was the ref's fault......

so actually, i guess i have no sympathy for him actually. :lol::lol:

Back