Barca vs Chelsea

sorry, zero sympathy for CFC

they played against 10 men from a makeshift half-strength side at home (one of whom Alves was demoralised for missing the final) and didn't capitalise + Abidal sent off FOR WHAT????? THEN CFC have the GALL to intimidate the referee. toy/pram syndrome to the max. Nor any mention of the penalty Barca should have had last week so to suggest it's a conspiracy shows chelsea up as the classless, charmless, graceless, nouveau, jumped up wideboys we all know they are.

The Ref was specifically chosen by UEFA to ensure that Barcelona were given every chance to progress to the Final.

UEFA and the football world desperately wanted a "Glamour Tie" final between Man Utd and Barcelona. Think of the commercial benefits and the huge fan base of Barca and Man Utd, the two most commercially successful teams in the world.

Two English teams with a defensive mindset would probally end up a boring game and UEFA did not want an all English final. The TV ratings would be a lot less compared to all the razzmatazz and media circus that will accompany the Man U Barca Final.

I firmly believe that Refs can be influenced by UEFA. They select them and choose who they want, its a closed shop. My long held suspicion of this was made even more dubious by the clear Picqe Handball.

The Ref had a clear view of it. The hand even deviated the flight of the ball in an uncrowded box. A blind man would have awarded the penalty.

The real Question is; Why did the Ref not give the penalty?

The whole ruckus caused by Drogba and Ballack only takes attention away from this question, which UEFA will want to avoid. They are the Ring and Paymasters in the entertainment circus that is the Champions League. Of course you want the two best teams in the Final, its good for buisness.

Chelsea had their chance to win and their negative and defensive approach in the Nou Camp backfired on them. Barca played football to the end. and did not change their style of play. They deserved to go through.

But this does not get away from the real issue. Refs are influenced by UEFA to insure that certain teams are favoured over others when it come to commercial benifits.

Best of Luck to Barca in the Final. I feel they wont need it.

The Ref was specifically chosen by UEFA to ensure that Barcelona were given every chance to progress to the Final.

UEFA and the football world desperately wanted a "Glamour Tie" final between Man Utd and Barcelona. Think of the commercial benefits and the huge fan base of Barca and Man Utd, the two most commercially successful teams in the world.

Two English teams with a defensive mindset would probally end up a boring game and UEFA did not want an all English final. The TV ratings would be a lot less compared to all the razzmatazz and media circus that will accompany the Man U Barca Final.

I firmly believe that Refs can be influenced by UEFA. They select them and choose who they want, its a closed shop. My long held suspicion of this was made even more dubious by the clear Picqe Handball.

The Ref had a clear view of it. The hand even deviated the flight of the ball in an uncrowded box. A blind man would have awarded the penalty.

The whole ruckus caused by Drogba and Ballack only takes attention away from this question, which UEFA will want to avoid. They are the Ring and Paymasters in the entertainment circus that is the Champions League. Of course you want the two best teams in the Final, its good for buisness.

Chelsea had their chance to win and their negative and defensive approach in the Nou Camp backfired on them. Barca played football to the end. and did not change their style of play. They deserved to go through.

But this does not get away from the real issue. Refs are influenced by UEFA to insure that certain teams are favoured over others when it come to commercial benifits.

i do kind of agree.

just like the many years united never had a peno given against them at old trafford or us in front of the kop.

the same way a manager comes out and says ronaldo/torres/cesc need protection, then the first slight tackle that goes in on them, the cards come out. it's almost human instinct.

that's why you need the ref to be as non-human as possible, colina is about the only example of this i can think of.

it's the same as booking players for shirt pulling, taking your shirt off, etc, etc, yet people like marco materazzi goes around leaving stud marks down peoples ankles and its all fair game. i'd rather see a player in the crowd after a goal with his shirt whooping round his head, than have them retired out the game early cos of a lack of ref protection (think marco van basten).

basically power corrupts, ref's and uefa have power.

all in all though, chelsea's defensive plan didn't work because barça believed in themselves to paly football their way and create enough chances to win through. in the end, they only needed one and that's just football.

yes, he made some mistakes but he also sent abidal off !!!!!!!

BARCA WERE PLAYING WITH TEN MEN

there's no conspiracy about it, you total turkey :rolleyes:

What difference did ten men make at such a late stage???

Barca had to attack, so a man less in defence didnt make much difference.

Barca still had 11 men on the pitch....the ref was playing for them also!

They started with 12 and ended with 11

that's why you need the ref to be as non-human as possible, colina is about the only example of this i can think of.

basically power corrupts, ref's and uefa have power.

You hit the nail on the head Grego.

Look what they did to Colina when he wouldn't play ball with them.

All this type of corruption could be stopped if UEFA agreed to video refs for contentious decisions like those peno calls and sending off's last night.

It work brilliantly in Rugby and American football.

Why not soccer??

Reason is simple......Power and coruption would loose controll of their little cartel.

Drogba is an immature prat. I wouldn't want him wearing my team's shirt..

didier-drogba_1398259c.jpg

Oh, and as previously said...

John Terry, England Captian.

:lol:

Terry said: “We had six or seven penalty claims waved away and that’s astonishing. If a player makes consecutive mistakes, he’s going to be dropped. The referee made bad decisions and that’s what happens with inexperienced refs. Players come into these games hoping and praying they don’t make mistakes, but referees are the same – only they get away with it.”

Drogba will face an investigation after swearing into a television camera and angrily confronting Ovrebo, but Terry said: “I’m fully behind Didier, the way he reacted. You can see the passion he played with in the game and afterwards. But the fact is the referee is the one who should face the consequences, not Didier and not us going through.”

:rolleyes:

Drogba is an immature prat. I wouldn't want him wearing my team's shirt..

Oh, and as previously said...

John Terry, England Captian.

:lol:

Terry said: “We had six or seven penalty claims waved away and that’s astonishing. If a player makes consecutive mistakes, he’s going to be dropped. The referee made bad decisions and that’s what happens with inexperienced refs. Players come into these games hoping and praying they don’t make mistakes, but referees are the same – only they get away with it.”

Drogba will face an investigation after swearing into a television camera and angrily confronting Ovrebo, but Terry said: “I’m fully behind Didier, the way he reacted. You can see the passion he played with in the game and afterwards. But the fact is the referee is the one who should face the consequences, not Didier and not us going through.”

:rolleyes:

Your signature pic is so appropriate underneath this :lol:

Firstly, I hope all you Barca fans who go on about how your team play proper football are happy how your team went through in that game. Don't ever preach to us again. An attacking side who had one shot on target against us in 90 mins of football, even Boro topped that. Morons

Secondly, I hope we boycott this 'competition' next year. Why don't we have Platini just come out and name his two favourite teams to play at the end of it. Save us supporters the time and effort.

Thirdly, to think I said the ref in the first round had a mare. :lol::lol::lol:

FAO Morbs, (have a word with Roman and see if we can't get him to switch off the gas supply to France as of now. That'll teach 'em)

PS good on you Drog, tell it as it is

Firstly, I hope all you Barca fans who go on about how your team play proper football are happy how your team went through in that game. Don't ever preach to us again. An attacking side who had one shot on target against us in 90 mins of football, even Boro topped that. Morons

Secondly, I hope we boycott this 'competition' next year. Why don't we have Platini just come out and name his two favourite teams to play at the end of it. Save us supporters the time and effort.

Thirdly, to think I said the ref in the first round had a mare. :lol::lol::lol:

FAO Morbs, (have a word with Roman and see if we can't get him to switch off the gas supply to France as of now. That'll teach 'em)

PS good on you Drog, tell it as it is

barça had over a dozen efforts, admittedly only one was on target, which was the crucial goal. against real madrid at home, we had 7 shots in total i think, 4 on target, 4 were goals. that's just football.

how is a pea roller from 40 yards any more worth than a shot that misses the bar by a few inches.

by the way, i thought you were one of the old guard matt........i guess it must be something they put in the half time pimms down at the bridge hey.

I'm aggrieved with the referee for unfairly denying 2 barca players the chance to play in the final

so the ref is a kunt

so we ALL agree :!:

now the conspiracy theorists should shut up and stop mouthing off like paranoid twaats

chelsea = no class - demonstrated YET again..

it's like bobby robson (proper gent) once said

LEARN HOW TO LOSE!

LEARN HOW TO LOSE!

Like your manager a couple of years ago when he stopped your players shaking hands with the ref and chelsea players after the game :lol::lol::lol:

Or perhaps you mean when Barca smashed up our changing room causing untold damage :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and PS it was a draw, can't you go off and talk to johnny68 about football, I feel you'll have a great chat with him.

Hi Grego, Ferd and Silv by the way, yes I am fairly old school Chelsea, which is why I left it to today to comment. The reaction after the game was fairly well less measured shall we say

Utter bollocks.

Utter Bollox?

Wait until you see....

Next move by UEFA will see the Referee issue an apology stating that he made a mistake..

I can't really comment on the game itself because I managed to miss it, and the only highlights I've seen are the two goals.

I did watch El Clasico at the weekend though and was absolutely blown away by the quality of the attacking football ... and the scoreline. And the scoreline in yesterday's game, coupled with what I witnessed in the first leg, again to me confirms what I was saying in another topic about Barca "not quite looking so hot" when they face English teams who know the art of defending a little better. Real Madrid were shambolic defensively at the weekend. As much as people have lambasted Chelsea for being "negative", they, sitting 3rd in the Prem, are comfortably better than Spain's 2nd best team at the moment.

And I think all Barca fans should be wary in the final. I want them to win as much as the next Man Ure hating English football fan. But Man U have a better defense than Barca and have the players going the other way to really hurt Barca.

As for the conspiracy theories thing. I don’t for one second believe that UEFA would go as far as to order a referee to deny a team a path to the final by making terrible decisions. It would just be too easily found out. By the sounds of it the referee was horrendous for both sides last night, so not much evidence of it there. But I do believe, and have done for a while, that UEFA “fix” draws to create better “money-making opportunities”... or I suppose, what they would call, “better entertainment.” For years, teams that have had real showdowns in various stages of the competition have been paired together in group “grudge” matches the very next year. And, personally, I don’t think it’s any coincidence that this year Barca and Man U were kept away from each other in the draw, Man U were left to waltz to the final in the easiest half of the draw, while Liverpool and Chelsea were again paired to knock each other out. Barca-Man U, from a neutral’s perspective, is the dream final.

But, as a Liverpool fan, I don’t give a ****. I’ll gladly see my side take on anyone to win the CL. Whatever UEFA want to throw at us, we’ll take it on. It’s all part of the challenge. In fact, I would hardly call it a conspiracy. It’s just the way the competition works.

No class Chelsea...

Meanwhile Barca coach Pep Guardiola has praised captain John Terry for his behaviour after Wednesday night's last-four defeat.
Despite being Terry's third semi-final exit in the competition the Blues and England skipper visited the Barcelona dressing room and shook hands with each member of their playing and coaching staff.
It was an act of sportsmanship for which the Barca team and staff applauded him out of the room.
"I want to thank John Terry for coming into the dressing room and congratulating us," said Guardiola. "He's a true gentleman."

Bunch of donuts.

P. S. - Manchester United will destroy Barcelona. And any Englishman who does not back their country's best representative against a Spainish team... :spank:

But, as a Liverpool fan, I don’t give a ****. I’ll gladly see my side take on anyone to win the CL. Whatever UEFA want to throw at us, we’ll take it on. It’s all part of the challenge. In fact, I would hardly call it a conspiracy. It’s just the way the competition works.

and as a Chelsea supporter I'll gladly concur, but last night was ridiculous. One or two mistakes you could probably put down to bad judgement. This was something else entirely, why bother having a penalty box if you'll never give penalties. Arguably Abidal (or whatever his name is) should have been sent off much earlier when he denied the Drog a clear scoring chance so that's a non-discussion in my book (although certainly for what he did get sent off for was crazy). But the Pique handball??? Although possibly not intentional clearly was a hand ball in the box nothing given. The Eto one probably not so much but still giveable. Alves I would say was 50-50 pen/free kick depending on how you view it as to where the challenge started or where the infraction took place, certainly a card though.

Can't understand why they had this ref in the first place although he did really well in the Euro's didn't he. :lol::lol::lol:

Back