Barbie and Tom - Some News

I feel like I have jinxed the whole of South East Asia with our travel plans :confused: I daren't turn the news on tomorrow morning for fear of what might have happened in Vietnam or Malaysia :oops:

We swapped our flights last night so now flying out on 14th Feb straight to Goa, back on 14th Feb from Bangkok - what we do in the middle bit is anyone's guess :lol:

Could you add Romford to your itinary please? Thank you.:lol:

That's brilliant news Barbie - you will love it!!!! Good on you for "going for it" after spending a week in retirementville in Cyprus, our plans are still definately on for packing up completely in a few years - more so now than ever - life is too short to keep plodding on and saving it for a "rainy day" sod that rainy day - do it now while your young enought to live it large!!!

Cool. I went to India, Thai, Laos, Cambodia, Nam and Malaysia this time last year. I wouldn't bother with Laos though imo.

Have fun :)

Im really pleased for you, hope you have a great time.. blah, blah blah,

The question is when and where are you planning your final clubbing blow out before you go? ;)

I find that strange becos I absolutely loved Laos the times I was there. Much more tranquil then Thailand or Vietnam. People still genuinly friendly, not targetting every single tourist as a walking ATM machine. Nature still unspoiled, much cheaper too. Granted Vang Vieng is a tourist trap, but even that place got its charm (lovely menus too). And Vientianes must be the most laid back capital city in the world. The world heritage town Luang Prabang is beautiful, french architecture, temples, and great restaurants. But my favorite place in Laos is Muang Ngoi, nothing really much to do, but gorgeous setting and the perfect place to zone out for a while.

Cool. I went to India, Thai, Laos, Cambodia, Nam and Malaysia this time last year. I wouldn't bother with Laos though imo.

I find that strange becos I absolutely loved Laos the times I was there. Much more tranquil then Thailand or Vietnam. People still genuinly friendly, not targetting every single tourist as a walking ATM machine. Nature still unspoiled, much cheaper too. Granted Vang Vieng is a tourist trap, but even that place got its charm (lovely menus too). And Vientianes must be the most laid back capital city in the world. The world heritage town Luang Prabang is beautiful, french architecture, temples, and great restaurants. But my favorite place in Laos is Muang Ngoi, nothing really much to do, but gorgeous setting and the perfect place to zone out for a while.

Laos was my favourite place when travelling too. I loved travelling somewhere that was still unspoilt by tourism, nothing Westernised about the whole country which was great!
Whereabouts is Muang Ngoi?

I didn't like Laos but loved Cambodia, esp the north although also the boker national park in the south.

Its in the west of Laos, a busride from Luang Prabang to Nong Khiaw then a long tail boat journey and voila. I guess its a bit how Vang Vieng would have been before tourism. No bars ,no internetcafes, no vehicles ! Just some guesthouses ran by the friendliest Laotian families. The perfect place to get away from it all.

N8, what exacly you didnt like about Laos if you dont mind me asking?

Laos was my favourite place when travelling too. I loved travelling somewhere that was still unspoilt by tourism, nothing Westernised about the whole country which was great!
Whereabouts is Muang Ngoi?

I didn't find it as interesting at Cambodia or vietnam. I know it's had it fair share of problems in the latter half of the 20th century but from a modern historical and socio-political pov i didn't think it had so much to learn about as it's neighbours i mentioned above. I wasn't really in the area for chilling/relaxing, i'd had enough of that in India and Thailand!

Hello :lol:

I forgot you went travelling last year, how long did you spend in Malaysia??

The question is when and where are you planning your final clubbing blow out before you go? ;)

:lol: 7th February ;)

Plus The Head is back from LA for 2 weeks (with Pam :lol:) and Gollum is going to try and come over from Barcelona so it will be a triple whammy :eek::lol:

Hello :lol:

I forgot you went travelling last year, how long did you spend in Malaysia??

Not long :lol: Just went to Kuala Lumpar as it's only about 50p for a flight there from Bangkok. Cambodia was my favourite of all the countries in the region though.

send me 2 thai brides over for a few weeks i will marry them and nail them both then send theres packing back 2 thailand with the divorce papers 8)

I did 3 months in SE Asia nearly 3 years ago now. My job was kept open, we had someone house sitting who looked after our dog. Had the best time ever! Started off in Bangkok, then went North of Thailand, flew to Lao, then flew to Vietnam, we then went to Cambodia, then back to Thailand and went to the islands, hopped over the border to Malaysia then flew to Bali for our last 2 weeks. The most disappointing part was Bali.

You will see some stunning beaches in Thailand & Malaysia & you will see some amazing sunsets, really when you go back to Ibiza to see the sunsets in San An, you'll wonder what the fuss is about.

In 2007 we went back to Thailand & my bf (at the time) proposed during the sunset in Maya Bay (Phi Phi islands)

Next year we plan to go to Hong Kong & the Philippines as we didn't get to go in our 2006 trip. So if anyone has some tips for the Philippines, please let me know. So far planning on seeing a friend in Manila, then flying down to the Visayas, probably Boracay and some other places (undecided yet).

Anyway, just wanted to say have fun Barbie! :)

Not long :lol: Just went to Kuala Lumpar as it's only about 50p for a flight there from Bangkok. Cambodia was my favourite of all the countries in the region though.

Is Kuala Lumpur still the place with the markets of designer counterfeits? A co worker of mine had a beautiful Chanel bag I wanted and she said it was real and from Paris; when I offered her money for it (she said it cost 300 euro) she told me she'd buy me one, but that I had to wait until she went back to Kuala Lumpur. :confused:

There are rep clothes, bags, shoes, Jewellery, home wear etc, anything you want all over SE Asia. It's all made in ChengZhou in China.

There are HUGE districts there for each type of goods. Literally hundreds of market stalls in each one wholesaleing the different kind of products.

The top end reps are still in the Hundreds of $ though but they're 99% accurate.

These sites are good...

http://www.runwayhandbags.net/home.php
http://www.replicahandbags1.com/index.html
http://www.highreplica.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
... Chanel bag ...
... she said it was real and from Paris ...
nyye1.gif

... probably as "real" as the stuff from ibiza´s lookylooky-men
2z3unn7.jpg

Back