Barbie and Tom - Some News

It certainly beats planning for a 2 week holiday to Ibiza :lol: There's just so much to think of, even planning a rough route is a minefield cos certain areas we need to avoid at certain times :lol: Oh well I'm sure it will all come together :?:lol:

It will. :) No matter if the weather is bad or there is political unrest or you just have some travel mishap, its just all one big adventure that's only 3 months away!!

How exciting and brave and wonderful :):) I am sure it will rock your world in so many good ways... Good on you for having the courage to go for it and ENJOY.

How exciting! I've so much respect for people who do this, especially when they've got commitments such as work and mortgages and the easy option would just be to stay put.

Know a few people contemplating doing the same thing at the moment. I'm tempted to head off for a hotter climate but a new job will keep me here for at least another year or two and then who knows!

Am I wrong in thinking when I first saw this post I thought you were going to be announcing a new arrival :oops::oops::lol:

Have a great time, I think you'll take another 6 months after that - and dont come back to UK, try Ibiza first!! Ive been pushing this idea as i have a large mortgage free house to rent but as I have 2 kids at school its made tricky, i think they'll thrive on it myself. Mrs thinks otherwise and hangs onto her folks like a lamprey. Life's too short not to no matter what happens.

I am off to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos in January. Swap itinerary if you wish?

A little shaky in Thailand right now!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081126/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_political_unrest
:eek::eek:

I'm sure it will get cleared up by the holidays so it shouldn't affect your trip. But something to keep an eye on...

Interesting - Bangkok has the world's 18th busiest airport. A lot of traffic disrupted this week.

:lol: I did have to laugh when I saw the news this morning, we've not even left the country yet and there's already disasters springing up :spank:

The situation in Thailand has been going on for a while and has just come to a head, we're flying into Goa now for the start of the trip so that gives us ages to get to Thailand so hopefully we won't arrive in the middle of a military coup :eek:

Good luck with your travels, you must be really excited. I think everyone should try and travel around for at least 6 months if they can, see some of the world and gain new experiences. Theres so much out there and life's too short to let it pass you by.

I too thought you were announcing a new arrival :lol:

That's what EVERYONE thought who we've told, even our families :spank: :lol:

+1:oops:

Have a brilliant time. As if you wouldn't. The review & photo's will certainly be something to look forward to :) :) :) Remember to get travel / health insurance X5 :) :) :)

Bitterly regret not doing something like this 10 years ago.

hopefully the awful events of tonight will not affect you too much

might want to avoid India at the moment tho - if reports are believed about them targeting UK/US citizens

There are always reasons NOT to travel, or NOT to move overseas, whether its because of the economy, terrorism, family, being too'old' etc.

Yeah things can go face down but I think bad things can happen at anytime and so can good things.

Even having bad times or delays in your travel will still be a fantastic travel experience!! :)

It's almost like the bad people of the world are tracing Barbie's path before she & Tom get started :!:

It's actually probably good news... security will be tighter everywhere by the time they arrive in February.

It's almost like the bad people of the world are tracing Barbie's path before she & Tom get started :!:

It's actually probably good news... security will be tighter everywhere by the time they arrive in February.

I feel like I have jinxed the whole of South East Asia with our travel plans :confused: I daren't turn the news on tomorrow morning for fear of what might have happened in Vietnam or Malaysia :oops:

We swapped our flights last night so now flying out on 14th Feb straight to Goa, back on 14th Feb from Bangkok - what we do in the middle bit is anyone's guess :lol:

Back