Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

I really wanted to like this because they’ve made so many classics but they’ve gone for the latin urban market here with the obligatory autotune… ☠️

Been reading about the precarious health of Ashley Beedle

one of many amazing edits by him.

Yes I had no idea until it all went viral on social media. Have donated. His Bent remix is an all time favourite of mine. Good memories of Danny Howells playing it in the sunshine on the Space terrace.

Likewise and more recently his Lady Blackbird ‘Beware a Stranger’ remix was one I loved. Probably because it was very similar to the Bent one!

So many to choose from. Had a great radio show too that I enjoyed very much. A true OG. Hopefully his situation improves but really not promising from what I’ve read.

Yes I had no idea until it all went viral on social media. Have donated. His Bent remix is an all time favourite of mine. Good memories of Danny Howells playing it in the sunshine on the Space terrace.

Likewise and more recently his Lady Blackbird ‘Beware a Stranger’ remix was one I loved. Probably because it was very similar to the Bent one!

So many to choose from. Had a great radio show too that I enjoyed very much. A true OG. Hopefully his situation improves but really not promising from what I’ve read.

The Balistic Brothers remix (aka X-press2) of DNote Garden of Earthly Delights

Last edited:
Yeah, everyone's rooting for Daddy Ash. Such a top man. Too many amazing records to mention. New Jersey Deep, War on the Bullshit, Blacker, London Xpress + all the remixes/edits Quentin Harris, The Streets, Elton John, Brian Protheroe, Andrea True Connection..

This was one of my faves, og is just lounge background fodder but he turned it one of the most beautful records I heard early 2000s, wasn't massively into 'broken' but the strings on here totally floored me, esp after a big night

This month's Voices show...was on the island briefly in August so took inspiration and included a few tracks I heard out and about...big shout to all the island dj's like JST, George Solar, Phil Cooper, Pete Gooding and the likes of Chris Coco...was aiming for something that they might put together over an evening before/after a sunset...tricky as it is to cram that into an hour!

Total Blue - Chaparral
Nightmares on Wax - Les Nuits
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues
Cleo Sol - Reason
Joyce - Aldeia de Ogum
Mario Rui Silva - Ngele-Ngele-Ngele
John Haycock - In a Bloopy Mood
Nitin Sawhney - Daydream
Bullitnuts - Heavy Air
Thievery Corporation - Indra
Mark Seven - Semon (Edit)
Alex Kassian & Manuel Gottsching- E2-E4

This month's Voices show...was on the island briefly in August so took inspiration and included a few tracks I heard out and about...big shout to all the island dj's like JST, George Solar, Phil Cooper, Pete Gooding and the likes of Chris Coco...was aiming for something that they might put together over an evening before/after a sunset...tricky as it is to cram that into an hour!

Total Blue - Chaparral
Nightmares on Wax - Les Nuits
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues
Cleo Sol - Reason
Joyce - Aldeia de Ogum
Mario Rui Silva - Ngele-Ngele-Ngele
John Haycock - In a Bloopy Mood
Nitin Sawhney - Daydream
Bullitnuts - Heavy Air
Thievery Corporation - Indra
Mark Seven - Semon (Edit)
Alex Kassian & Manuel Gottsching- E2-E4

Heavyweight selection. Nightmares at Wax played les nuits live at dalias years ago. Sounded acers

In honour of the recently departed Frankie Beverly

Outstanding proto-house and a staple in many a balearic set. 40 years old and still the sound of the future. Not bad for a 'B' side

Flow has normally been one of the best things of the summer, but unfortunately I didn't have time this year because I had 5 gigs in the same week. 😅 I have a lot of friends producing the festival and it is definitely one of the most interesting festivals in Europe. I'm dreading what the future will bring. The festival was sold last year and, with another acquisition, it was owned by an American investment company with questionable activities in the Middle East.. 😬

Back