Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

"The ever excellent Soundway have a new compilation coming up at the end of November. Compiled by Trujillo, aka. DJ and record collector Andrés Astorga, Ritmo Fantasía: Balearic Spanish Synth-Pop, Boogie and House (1982-1992) is a collection of early, rare ‘one-off’ grooves was inspired by the early Balearic scene pioneered by the Ibizan nightclub, Ku Club, whose iconic early artwork by Yves Uro adorns the record’s sleeve. "

If anyone interested I’ve done the first part a BALEARIA series for 2021 after a long break from the decks. It’s quite ambient; feedback welcome.

What came first, this or Sueno Latino? Think SL may have nicked bits of this. Great re-issue!

good question. sueno latino was deffo a rehash of Manuel Gottshieng E2E4. I actually prefer SL's. I know everything on DFC came out around 89-91 but dunno if Bager was first. Certainly there are the same influences there.

On a similar note, did you check this compilation? Right up your strasse...

not yet, need!

*<related> I think I may have shared this before but here is a brilliant piece journo Philip Sherburne wrote about the origins of the 'loon bird' sound, which was a feature on Pacific State and many of those epic tunes

Last edited:
Have a vinyl only gig coming up in 3 weeks so i've been going to record fairs and picking up 45s - good haul yesterday captain sensible, grace jones, timmy thomas, the clash, vangelis, skatt brothers amongst others. And a few film soundtracks. It's never enough though!! And i can't afford shit right now

Have a vinyl only gig coming up in 3 weeks so i've been going to record fairs and picking up 45s - good haul yesterday captain sensible, grace jones, timmy thomas, the clash, vangelis, skatt brothers amongst others. And a few film soundtracks. It's never enough though!! And i can't afford shit right now
We will be in Barcelona from the 19th,
where's you playing?

Last edited:
We will be in Barcelona from the 19th,
where's you playing?

Cool! 🙂 It's a new amateur thing i'm doing with some local pals at Salvadiscos (poble sec) 20h-midnight. 10€ entry for a year's membership (a community hub). It's just a bar on a square so don't expect anything amazing. Introduce yrself. I'll be the baldest, fattest one.

Cool! 🙂 It's a new amateur thing i'm doing with some local pals at Salvadiscos (poble sec) 20h-midnight. 10€ entry for a year's membership (a community hub). It's just a bar on a square so don't expect anything amazing. Introduce yrself. I'll be the baldest, fattest one.
And I will be a longhair muscle one, but
not in a good shape after a month in Ibiza.

Attachments

• rsz_20211003_211848.jpg
    rsz_20211003_211848.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
Unless I turn up

came out about this time last year. Darshan (Metro Area) on the controls.

Thanks for the memo!

That Version version was already featured in Bill's show over 2 years ago (25 July 2019).

I had it marked on Bandcamp back then but somehow I never was able to buy it. The release date has shifted a few times, but there may have also been a technical issue with the website. Even after release date you couldn't purchase it, I may have even sent them a message for that.

After more than a year I removed it from the wantlist but seems I I'll be getting it after all : )

Back