Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

Ibiza jazz festival is entering its final days in the old town, and then we have the Artemis 1 launch later today.

Sounds like a good occassion to throw in one of my favourite albums of the year so far.

Founded in 2019, Astral Flex is a band of musicians/producers born of an ascendant local culture of producer based, improvised music in Melbourne, Australia. Recorded on the 50th anniversary of humankind's first step on the moon, their debut release "I Can See My House From Here" is presented here in two forms; as a spacey nu-jazz improvisation on Side A, and as a collection of house/electronic remixes on Side B.

Remixes were done by the band members themselves, a great album for both the living room and the dance floor imo. The sort of music I like to hear in a live setting.

Also like this jazz piece a lot, from another band but from that same Melburnian scene:

Hi folks

This month's Shades Of Sound show is up on @soundcloud Keeping the dying embers of summer alive with the balearic spirit. Link in stories. Enjoy x

Playlist:
Gnork - Orgasm by Kindness
ロフト tapes - Vector Roller
New Composers - 324-A
Juan Laya & Jorge Montiel - My Way
Lilith - Todor Amor E Bom (Remix)
After 7 - Can't Stop (One World Instrumental)
Kordak - Why Can't We Live Together (Mood Mix)
Ouija - Meet Me At The Lab (Original Mix)
Voice Of Africa - Hoomba Hoomba
B.U.M. - Just Touch
Eternal Love - Tropico Absoluto
Jilo - Floating Sunset
Nikke Nicole - Nikke Does It Better (Dub It Better Mix 2)
Warsaw Afrobeat Orchestra feat. Bosq - Only Now (Bosq Remix)
Sasha Marvin - Entity (Fitzcarraldo Extasy Of Love)
E.v.o.e - I Don’t Wanna Give Up Your Love (Leopardo Boom Boom Mix)
Ajuna - Anjuna's Dream (Magia Version)
Manuel Darquart - Euphoria
Desert Island Disco - Glistening
Malasso - At The Beach That Day
Eternal Love - Kuasia

Back