Babs' 10 Year Anniversary in Ibiza - Part 1

My review is ditto Babs' but add in a few more sleeps and meals ;)

Agreed it was a really fab holiday, everyone got on brilliiantly and we all had the right mixture of clubbing nights and nice meals out too.

Cocoon was brilliant for me, but I do recall Sven being totally funked out of his face!!! At one point he was dangling off the balcony in Amnesia upside down with a bouncer on each of his legs trying to pull him back up :lol: Was a really fun night though.
Space disappointed me this year to be honest. I like the inside terrace now but I miss the "going off-ness" of the outside terrace. They used to have such amazing names for the closing of the terrace, I remember Steve Lawler closing it a couple of years ago and playing "Hideaway" and "Everybody all over the World".... cue me and everyone else properly EXPLODING from 11.30-12am. Now it seems like they put a few ok names on the sunset terrace (Jonathan Usyless the exception) and save the big names for the inside terrace. OK this can be good, as Danny Howells was on Sunday, but to me, Space is about dancing in the sun outside, before having the main DJ of the night close the terrace. It seems like Space has gone a bit more harder and proggy... the first week I thought the inside terrace and Discotque were terrible, it was moody, deep music, nothing like what Space should be IMO.

I'd have liked to see maybe Sneak or Danny H close the sunset terrace, then maybe have another big name DJ inside from 12-2am? It seemed a waste to put Sneak on at 10pm, knowing a lot of people will still be on the sunset terrace.

Nevertheless we all still had a great time minxing around, lets hope Sept will be better music wise :D

Barbie said:
See you in September and if needs be we'll cause a riot and gatecrash the stupid VIP area so we can reclaim it to its rightful owners :lol:

DAMN RIGHT !! IITTTT'SSSSS OOOOOUUUUURRRRRSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

chances are they will have changed it by then anyway :confused:

i'm confused........

you walk into space and to the left you have the sunset terrace?

inside is the dicosteque?

where is the inside terrace??

geezamenchie said:
i'm confused........

you walk into space and to the left you have the sunset terrace?

inside is the dicosteque?

where is the inside terrace??

To the right as you walk in. It has a glass roof. Not really a terrace :)

Babs i was at WLS and at Gatecrasher dont think i saw ya ?
Saw John (morbyd in space *Top Guy* and he ontroduced me to another spotlight who i couldnt remember who it was ?)

Gatecrasher was pants i thoguht the idea of gatecrasher classics was going to be banging i was proved wrong half the lcub was open there was no atnosphere and the club was ****e!!

'The afterparty went into the funky room i think then when that shut was in like some kitchen wiith pits and pans about came ou of there and there were families having there breakfast

Fronty said:
Babs i was at WLS and at Gatecrasher dont think i saw ya ?
Saw John (morbyd in space *Top Guy* and he ontroduced me to another spotlight who i couldnt remember who it was ?)

Gatecrasher was pants i thoguht the idea of gatecrasher classics was going to be banging i was proved wrong half the lcub was open there was no atnosphere and the club was ****e!!

'

fronty, were you DJing in plastik on the thursday night?

i was in, tunes were class!

never got those tickets for the boat party though :(

Fronty said:

I thought the club was a hole and the crowd was awful but I loved hearing all the old classics from my Gatecrasher days, as I said in my review the trick to enjoying the night is to get so acquainted with Katie that you don't know/care where you are :lol: ;)

Barbie said:
I thought the club was a hole and the crowd was awful but I loved hearing all the old classics from my Gatecrasher days, as I said in my review the trick to enjoying the night is to get so acquainted with Katie that you don't know/care where you are :lol: ;)

Katie can be so much fun :lol: :lol:

geezamenchie said:
fronty, were you DJing in plastik on the thursday night?

i was in, tunes were class!

never got those tickets for the boat party though :(

Yes i was that was me i was the big lad !!
Played Es Paradis aswell was amazing, i had boat party tickets with me u should of said,

Glad you enjoyed anyway !

Music went very funky after i came off.

grego said:
the old terrace

i've never seen the old terrace, only been going for 2 years :confused:

Fronty said:
Yes i was that was me i was the big lad !!
Played Es Paradis aswell was amazing, i had boat party tickets with me u should of said,

Glad you enjoyed anyway !

Music went very funky after i came off.

cool, i was sitting on a stool just in front of you, was a bit ****ed that night ended up having a quiet one. spot of food poisoning/over partying :lol:

i probably would've said if i was in a fitter state to go out! aye your tunes are exactly what im into, good stuff mate 8)

geezamenchie said:

cool, i was sitting on a stool just in front of you, was a bit ****ed that night ended up having a quiet one. spot of food poisoning/over partying :lol:

i probably would've said if i was in a fitter state to go out! aye your tunes are exactly what im into, good stuff mate 8)

The old terrace is the new terrace on the right hand side. Not worth going to really. :lol: :lol:

geezamenchie said:

Cooooooool thts what the policy of HowCleanIsYourHouse is some people mix filthy with funky etc etc we are dedicated dirty house and electro night.

By the way i went to filthy mondays @ es paraqdise it was fooooooooookin awfull they were playing moby raining again well filthy thaqt tune :)

me and my mate trying to get the same idea going for a night in glasgow, i've only had my decks for just over a year so still improving but at the moment we have a monthly residency in the front room of a trance orientated night. struggling to get the punters in....seem more interested in ****ty trance or R n B up here - frustrating!! the thing is, when you give your CD out people love the tracks but are not prepared to come and support!

geezamenchie said:
me and my mate trying to get the same idea going for a night in glasgow, i've only had my decks for just over a year so still improving but at the moment we have a monthly residency in the front room of a trance orientated night. struggling to get the punters in....seem more interested in ****ty trance or R n B up here - frustrating!! the thing is, when you give your CD out people love the tracks but are not prepared to come and support!

Maybe do soem colloaborations for each other if your intrested ?

Back