+++ As One 2009 +++

Do they have other promoters than Zoo Project and Channel Zoo... or what's the difference? :?:

IIRC Zoo Project (sat) is the promoter there
Channel Zoo (wed) seems to have other promoters under that umbrella

As One is mostly smaller promoters (e.g. Mulletover, Filthy Gorgeous) doing arenas at these parties

no doubt someone will prove me wrong here tho :lol:

I was at the opening party on Monday. Potentially it could be a great night. The Zoo's the only place left on the island where you can legally dance in the open air. It's also got reasonably priced drinks (5€ for a beer), a usable swimming pool (unlike Privilege) and a nicely varied music policy across the arenas. So you can move between styles to suit your mood.

All that was missing on Monday were punters. Shame. It's a very big space to fill and you need a decent crowd or it feels very empty. Hopefully the promoters will be able to get more people in over the summer as it could be an excellent party.

My advice would be to go there fairly early (it opens at 4pm) especially if you can blag cheap or free admission. If it's too quiet you haven't wasted the night as you'll still be in time for Cocoon or whatever.

IIRC Zoo Project (sat) is the promoter there
Channel Zoo (wed) seems to have other promoters under that umbrella

As One is mostly smaller promoters (e.g. Mulletover, Filthy Gorgeous) doing arenas at these parties

no doubt someone will prove me wrong here tho :lol:

yes baby ;)

THE ZOO PROJECT has nothing to do with the monday party "as one", different promoters, different style ;)

We are .....

CHANNEL ZOO on Wednesday
THE ZOO PROJECT on Saturday

I discovered that information on their webpage, so I deleted my question (a little too late... ;)). But thanks anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
give it a little time guys, it surely will pick up a bit during the season. rome wasn't built in a day ;)

I was there but not very busy, 'bout 400 in I think. The music and sound system was good though at the seal pit.

What annoyed me a wee bit about this night however was that a PR guy told me they had a free bus to Cocoon afterwords, seems a lot of people were told this. It was also advertised as being on until 4am.

Well, the party ended at 12am (the reason used was that it was not busy enough) and there was no free bus to Cocoon, but in fact a chargeable bus to San Antonio.

I wasn't too pissed off about this as I was going to Cocoon anyway and the bus was €3 to San Antonio then I did manage to catch a bus to Cocoon for another €3 as soon as I got to San Antonio so not exactly breaking the bank and not too much time wasted, however I don't like being lied to.

Me and my girlfriend were the only people who made it on to the bus to Cocoon from the San Antonio bus before it left, we had to run to the catch it, the next one was 1 hour later. Had I missed the bus and had to wait I would have been raging, I imagine a lot of people from the San Antonio bus were.

Also, what seemed a bit strange as we went into the party was that it said the shuttle buses were at 23:30 and 00:30... which seemed odd since the party was supposed to be on until 4am. Really they should have said at the gate if it was only on until 12am and perhaps given a discount. A few girls infront of us on the bus were extremely angry as they had planned their night around this thinking it was on until 4am. Another group had only paid to get in at 11pm and did not get a refund despite only being in for 1 hour.

So not a good impression for their first night however people make mistakes... anyone know if the 2nd night went any better?

I'd still probably go back if it was busier and I wasn't told bull**** as it's a cool venue, the music and sound was good and there's nothing else on a Monday afternoon / evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
War tactics eh?

Is there any other outdoor venue where this could be held?

If not, As One daytime water party at Es Paradis 8)

If this is true, about war tactics, i think its a fcukin disgrace - those involved should be ashamed of themselves and stop doing so much gear.

Gala Night is an ace venue and definately worthy of more than one promoter doing their thing there.

Why bhoycot/sabotage something that could add to what Zoo Project have built there!?

I was at the opening of As One, more like 200 peeps when i got there at 9pm..... but a real shame it had to end at midnight....

Seriously thinking about doing 'As One' before Cocoon on Monday 3rd August, Worth doing or not???
are u serious??...

i've made dc10 closing and the cocoon closing right after that in -the same night- (on 29.09.08!)

came to dc10 by 6 pm, the party ended at smth like 1:30...
bought last tickets to cocoon in tantra at 1:45 (we were very lucky thanx to mario!, each ticket 65e btw :))...
got to amnesia by 2:00 and entered the club by 2:10 in front of smth like 200 people waiting in the queue for not buying tickets in advance...
the best club-experience night in my life till now ;)

so u r afraid of wasting time before cocoon? :)

Back